ASK THE FORD ANSWER MEN

Forums Forums RACE TECH QUESTION FORUM ASK THE FORD ANSWER MEN

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 202 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Roger Wilco…Ours was a ’66 …No air But had two cool ashtrays on each side (the scoops) when ya flipped a butt out the window.Other Really cool deal was to open the vent doors on each side way under the dash.You could stack in a six-pack on each side like a “dispenser”.The next one would roll down.If ya got stopped -close the doors -no ‘contraband ‘ could be seen AND it keep it cold in the winter !.

paul-ceasrine

Dino,
            See, you were always thinking.
            Another Dino invention 😉
            You didn’t use a screw-driver for a can opener too!
            Paulie

bossguy

Nah, everyone had a church key on their key ring LOL

paul-ceasrine

Wait a Second,
                    Didn’t you need a screw-driver or 12″ pinch bar to access a Rupert’s Can, or was that Rheingold ‘Extra Dry’?
                    Now Schaeffer, “that was one beer to have, when your having more than one”! 😀
                    Paul,,,,Please pass the flavored Seltzer water, and a Saltine. Better yet, a bottle of ‘Tango’. 😆

realmongo
                    Participant

Boy I will never forget my first ride in a 428 Cobra Jet car, made a believer out of me!

Drake-You should load the Fox Mustang up for the next Dover Reunion!

paul-ceasrine

Drake or RealMongo,
                            Did you have a relative (or nephew) that had a 69′ white Boss 302, Cragars and Formula 1 Super/Stock tires.
                            A beautiful car.
                            Maybe around 1975 or so. He used to come down Rose Drive, Mahopac,, as our road was loaded with 16, 17 and 18 year old
                            teenage girls, all my sisters friends (she was 2 years younger than me), (WHICH WAS A GOOD THING 😉
                            Paul

smokncobrajet
                                quote Paul Ceasrine:

Wait a Second,
                                Didn’t you need a screw-driver or 12″ pinch bar to access a Rupert’s Can, or was that Rheingold ‘Extra Dry’?
                                Now Schaeffer, “that was one beer to have, when your having more than one”! 😀
                                Paul,,,,Please pass the flavored Seltzer water, and a Saltine. Better yet, a bottle of ‘Tango’. 😆

😆 Definitely Tango Yum Yum 😛 or Colt 45,what a kick it gave,but these days it’s decaf tea 😉
                                June

dino
                                Keymaster

I do juicy juice ….Hung up the booze in ’84 …probably why I’m still here.

paul-ceasrine

Dino,
                                        I heard through the ‘grapevine’ that JELL-O Shots are very big in Moore County, and the
                                        adjacent area.
                                        Friday night suitcases of Ice House, also a popular choice 😀
                                        PC

dino
                                        Keymaster

Giudo…How did this go from FORDS to booze? Oh …my remark on the Mustang Vent Coolers …Anywho…Did Bunny Burkett drive a jacked up Cobra Jet ? saw a photo someplace and now don’t knowwhere. Remember the rear slicks where like Too Tall or something.

paul-ceasrine

Dino,
                                                I think the ‘Bunny’ ran her car as ‘Show”. No particular class.
                                                I think Drake said she had a 67′ and a 68’.
                                                With that bubble-hood, I wonder if that car had injectors?
                                                She sure did 😉
                                                Richmond County ‘fun-filled’ fact of the day. Population of Hoffman,,,,,,599
                                                PC

dino
                                                Keymaster

Hoffman? thats like two gas stations ,some hay farms and a fire house…I’m in BIG TIME ROCKINGHAM …Population inside City limits of about 10,000 and live in Neighboring Hamlet-pop.6000…Quiet but blistering hot today.I’m going to find that Bunny Mustang .Huh?…that was easy !and here’s a great ‘Bio’ of her.(with more pics):
                                                    http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://johnedwinmason.typepad.com/.a/6a0112791cb10528a401157218a9e6970b-500wi&imgrefurl=http://johnedwinmason.typepad.com/john_edwin_mason_photogra/2009/07/the-legendary-bunny-burkett-pioneering-woman-drag-racer.html&usg=__VYnu2rqPQXyvu5rYsIxceWoeHaE=&h=258&w=500&sz=26&hl=en&start=14&itbs=1&tbnid=NyNF9lo_jpSnfM:&tbnh=67&tbnw=130&prev=/images%3Fq%3DBunny%2BBurkett%2BMustang%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DX%26gbv%3D2%26tbs%3Disch:1

Attachments:

realmongo
                                                    Participant
                                                        quote Paul Ceasrine:

Drake or RealMongo,
                                                        Did you have a relative (or nephew) that had a 69′ white Boss 302, Cragars and Formula 1 Super/Stock tires.
                                                        A beautiful car.
                                                        Maybe around 1975 or so. He used to come down Rose Drive, Mahopac,, as our road was loaded with 16, 17 and 18 year old
                                                        teenage girls, all my sisters friends (she was 2 years younger than me), (WHICH WAS A GOOD THING 😉
                                                        Paul

Paul-
                                                        I can’t say I remember that particular car.
                                                        John

paul-ceasrine

DINO,
                                                            Thats right, your in the “BIG” city.
                                                            Hoffman, you forgot that little Church that sits opposite to the entrance of Wallace Auto Parts.
                                                            When I was in North Carolina, my father had me go down there to pick up something. I left Southern Pines, head down Route 1, next thing I know I’m in
                                                            Rockingham. I asked someone for directions to Hoffman, they said they never heard of it. I told them about Wallace Auto Parts, and they said Oh’ go back 12 miles, and make a left when you see a little church on the right. 20 miles later, I’m in Pine Bluff…What The F.
                                                            When they say little church, they mean ‘Little Church”.
                                                            They should change the name of Hoffman, to Wallace Auto Parts, more cars in that junk-yard than people in Hoffman 🙂
                                                            Nice Bio on the Bunny, Now I swear she was at Dover. Was she?
                                                            The red Mustang was a 1968. I think a 4-speed in Super/Stock at first, then converted to an ATI transmission and dual-carbed high-riser or injected, when she ran
                                                            ‘SHOW” only.
                                                            ME LIKE 68’ Photo 😮
                                                            Paul, Go back 12 miles, and make a left,,,,,,,GEEZ.

dino
                                                            Keymaster

Drake might confirm or deny Bunny at Dover…Just don’t recall. “Can’t get there from here” -Dino

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 202 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.