ASK THE FORD ANSWER MEN

Forums Forums RACE TECH QUESTION FORUM ASK THE FORD ANSWER MEN

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 202 total)
  • Author
    john-sachs-sr
    Participant

C’mon Drake.You have plenty of miles left. ❗
        SOHC A/FX closer to $11,000.00,with all the toys. 😉
        John

paul-ceasrine

$11,000
            That could have got you the building lot where McDonald’s is, opposite
            Drakes’ Carmel Ford 😯

“J”, Just found out, the 68′ Mustang ‘California Special’ is in Putnam Valley, off Tea Kettle
            Spout Road. Ran K/SA in 1970/1971. The valve guides were so worn out (5/16″ valve-stems),
            you could pop in a set of 3/8″ valve-stem valves, without doing any machine work 😕
            Paul

vindicator
            Participant

😆 😆 😆 Hey Paul…the two acres..of then “swamp”…on rte 6…that the “new” Carmel Ford building was erected on…cost less than $10,000…back in 1961…the very first commercial building on rte 6…5 years later the “shopping center”…a couple years after that…the business community…pretty followed suit…me personally…liked Carmel Ford…in the brick building on main street…across from the bank (Ryder family)…next to movie theater (long closed-gone)…could go to the movies…then “smooch-up” in the parking area behind “store”…walk over to the Max’s/ diner for a bite/burger (on the corner…the original McNulty-Day Chrysler Amoco station… wuz next to the diner too) before…or after! 😆 😆 😆 Drake…at 13-14 years old…who wuz’ better n’ me???!!!***answer…nobody…”hoss” 😆 😆 😆

dino
                Keymaster

Off topic …but a Carmel Memory…First got ‘Stoned” at Carmel Ford…The white Funny body was up on saw horses.I crawled underneath with a spray gun to paint the underside.They had to drag me out- No Mask….far out man

vindicator
                    Participant

😆 😆 😆 Hey Dino…now…now…U…gonna’ “fess-up” ???!!!***….always “thought” the night…U…were “toasted”…wuz the night…U…lettered Al Joniec’s X-Pro/Stock Pinto (Vindicator jr) …8 hours…later…U…wuz still there…kinda’ mumblin’ to yourself…like the cartoon character…”Muttsly…the dawg” 😆 😆 :lol:…ol’ Buzz & I laughed about that night…for “many moons”…it wuz a lil’ “trying”…but certainly…entertaining ‘eh 😆 😆 😆 Drake…maybe..it wuz that “mural”…U…did on the hood..a knocked out rat…mouse…elephant…in a boxing ring…with the Ford “bull-dawg”…the “winnah” 😆 😆 😆 😆

dino
                        Keymaster

Hmmmm….don’t remember that one….but then “How Could I ?’….ah good times good times…well the good news is …I got a little help in the “abuse” dept…and strongest thing I’ve drank in 26 years is ‘Juicy-Juice’.Wish we had a photo of that hood though. that was the Blue Pinto -Right?

dino
                            Keymaster

Bossguy OR anyone…seems my ’93 F-150 wants to burn off the outside half of the front right tire .It’s bald and the other half(Inside) is fine. Told twin I Beam front axles hard to align. Bunk? Or is it some thing else?

bossguy

ball joints?, strut rod bushings? (at rear of strut, almost under pass seat) heat from the catalyitic converter deteriorates the rubber, there should be a white plastic spacer between the rubber bushings. Sometimes they crack and fall out, that lets the axle move around.

vindicator
                                    Participant

😀 😀 😀 Hey Dino..it was a tu-tone blue…baby blue base…candy blue panels…U…lettered it Vindicator jr on rear quarters (gold mylar mostly…kinda’ against your “prinicples”)….we ran it at Dover some as C/A-Comp…will see if I can find photo of hood…think I sent you a photo of car…awhile ago…Drake…sold a lot of T-Shirts…back in the day…from that mural on the hood… artwork redone by Mister T-shirt out on West Coast…our “Go with a Winnah” series…many…many race days…sold 100-200 shirts…all going back to that “thought”…that night! 😆 😆 :lol:….”Buzz”…had herself a nice lil’ “gig” goin’…course…it helped…she was mighty “ezee”…on the eyes too 😆 😆 😆

vindicator
                                        Participant

Hey..delete 2 of these “posts”…it ain’t “twins”…but “triplets” 😆 😆 😆 …how’d we do that??? Drake
                                            …………You guys can Edit or delete your own posts… Delete is the black X

dino
                                            Keymaster

Drake…we have a few of that car…in the ODF galleries And in the “Vindicator Photos” in “Historical Dover section of Multi-Media. don’t remember a close up of the mural though….BOSS MAN…I’m going right out and crawl under truck & check -Thanks !

paul-ceasrine

I’m just wondering.
                                                    A 40-year old question.
                                                    Did anybody at Dover run a 69′ Boss 429 Mustang in C/Stock in 1969 or 1970 or later??
                                                    The only one I saw on the street, a guy who worked at Kaufman’s Auto Wreckers in
                                                    Montrose/Crugers (Albany Post Road) for a short period.
                                                    PC

anonymous

Hey Paul:
                                                        The answer is yes. Check out Kathy Vignogna Collection Gallery 1. It’s a 69 BOSS 429 purchased new from either Brewster or Carmel Ford. The owner was Bill ?.
                                                        There is a picture of him in Tommy Day Collection. He is the guy with his finger up in the air giving his point of veiw to one of my crew members with
                                                        with me looking on. I think he ran it only at Dover in 69 in c/stock then sold it. He worked at Jonko’s Speed Shop in Bethel Ct. at the time. Lil Thunder Kid could add more since Bill was a close friend of her Father Joe Walko who prepared the car. Hope this helps with your question.

dino
                                                        Keymaster
                                                            quote bossguy:

ball joints?, strut rod bushings? (at rear of strut, almost under pass seat) heat from the catalyitic converter deteriorates the rubber, there should be a white plastic spacer between the rubber bushings. Sometimes they crack and fall out, that lets the axle move around.

….Everything looks new there( done about 3 monthes ago ),don’t see white plastic -just metal & Rubber …gona dig out the reciept for the parts replaced .

bossguy

Dino, white plastic is on rear side of bracket between rubber bushing and bracket about 1/2 ” thick

Paul, I wonder if the guy from Kaufmans wrecked that car. My neighbor in Yonkers got a set of headers at cost from the speed shop in Croton (T&F?). The Boss 429 owner that ordered them totaled his car and they just wanted to get rid of them. They fit terribly though. He had to cut them all up to get them to fit with the starter and power steering.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 202 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.