Current street toy

Forums Forums CURRENT MEMBERS RIDES / RACING Current street toy

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 237 total)
  • Author
    tomblake
    Participant

BB Chevy Just short of 600 CI
        Dyno test – 934 HP
        PG w/ Gear Vendor Overdrive
        9″ Ford – 3.70 w/spool

Not to practical for the street but it is lots of fun
        Street legal (might get questioned on the noise and the scoop but not so far)

anonymous

sweet…. nuff’ said. 🙂

billy-casey

don’t you guys ever grow up…. still playing with cars.. 😆 😆 😆

tomblake
                Participant

Nope, 68 and still not sure of what I want to be when I grow up.
                    I would bet almost everyone on this web site is still playing with cars or would like to be.
                    That’s probably why we are all looking at this site. What a great place to feel like we are still young.
                    I don’t think any of us, once addicted to cars, ever get over them. 😆

billy-casey

you are 100% rite… i miss having something to tinker with… Billy 😛

quote TomBlake:

Nope, 68 and still not sure of what I want to be when I grow up.
                        I would bet almost everyone on this web site is still playing with cars or would like to be.
                        That’s probably why we are all looking at this site. What a great place to feel like we are still young.
                        I don’t think any of us, once addicted to cars, ever get over them. 😆
                        tomblake
                        Participant

Thought I would show a better image.

Attachments:

tomblake
                            Participant

After looking at all the old cars with the injection units showing, thought I would show the engine when this car was in the process of being built.

dino
                                Keymaster

ALTER THE wheelbase and hang it all out ! Right on about Addiction ……Think about This :Ron Frosts ashes were buried At Dover and who would think Dover Guys would be back, walking the site, and as Skip North remarked: ‘You could almost hear the Engines”…..why as Digger said “Im the worlds oldest teenager’ 😎

tomblake
                                    Participant

This was my answer to an old Ford pickup with a sign in the back window that said “Heartbeat this”
                                        Well my Ford has a heartbeat and the heartbeat is a copy of my wife’s actual heartbeat. When she was in the hospital I asked the nurse if I could get a copy of the heartbeat and she ran a copy for me. The graphics were made using that copy.

Attachments:

tomblake
                                        Participant

The current project is getting an engine change. Just decided that it is time to take out the big motor and put in the smaller one. Need to make the car more practical. Just finished adapting the headers to new engine. The flanges were hitting the head bolts. The small motor will take pump gas so I can at least drive it places. The $10 a gallon gas doesn’t last very long.

Attachments:

tomblake
                                            Participant

The big motor is out, the compartment is now empty and the new smaller motor is ready to go in.

Attachments:

tomblake
                                                Participant

We got the engine ready and dropped it into place last night. My drag racer wife is a big help getting this together. As most of you know letting the engine down, not hitting anything and lining up in a tight place goes much better with help.

Attachments:

tomblake
                                                    Participant

Took the car for the first test ride yesterday, new engine has 5 miles on it. Got some tweaking to do.

tomatohead
                                                        Participant

I love the Mustang and I love your “old” 55 chev ……I just cant get use to the chev AND ford thing……but thats my problem…….really do like the 55 ❗ did you ever think of clone-ing your own car ❓ ❓ ❓ what kind of front axle did you use on the chev back then ❓ ❓ when I go to visit my parents in Fla. I ll stop by and say Hi ❗ ……tomato !

tomblake
                                                            Participant

Tomatohead…..Most people that have seem the car either like the Chevy in a Ford or they hate it. The guy that took an SVO and put all the parts on this car had a problem for a while. He posted something on the internet and he told me he got hate mail for a month. Most on the comments I have gotten are positive.

I have tried to locate the old ’55 but no one seems to have any information since I sold it back in 1966. I posted requesting information on the ’55 in the old car locator but nothing. As far as what axle, it has been a long time ago but think it was a Ford pickup truck. I was mixing Ford’s and Chevy’s for years.

Let me know when you are coming to Florida. We can talk the old Dover days. What years did you race there?

Tom

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 237 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.