Current street toy

Forums Forums CURRENT MEMBERS RIDES / RACING Current street toy

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 237 total)
  • Author
    billy-casey

Tom … great shots .. looks like your having a great time … have you found any more info on your 55 … that would be something if that was found… Billy

tomblake
        Participant

Billy….Not the first thing about the ’55 except for a dream I had just a few nights ago. I dreamt I found it in the woods in Shelton where I used to live. I was going to buy it back for the reunion race just before I woke up. (maybe to much Dover web site 😆 )
            I sure would like to know that happened to the car but it seems to have disappeared.
            Pretty cool about your ’57. I have followed the threads about the find and the rebuild. That’s got to make you feel good that it is still going but it isn’t to good that its so far away.

tomblake
            Participant

Installed the Cobra insert and painted the insert and the hood. Making progress

Attachments:

maso
                Participant
                    quote TomBlake:

Tomatohead…..Most people that have seen the car either like the Chevy in a Ford or they hate it. … I was mixing Ford’s and Chevy’s for years.

Tom

I guess you were not the first DDS guy to do that…!!!

Check out the late Billy Milano’s W-Block Mustang that ran at Dover about 1967 – 1970: http://www.doverdragstrip.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=322 and has been located by Brian rotting away someplace neer to Kingston.N.Y. It might make a good project car for someone like yourself. Billy Casey’s not interested…!

tomblake
                    Participant

Maso said…”I guess you were not the first DDS guy to do that…!!!”
                        Not only am I not the first guy to do that but this is not the first Chevy in a Ford for us.
                        Remember the ’37 Ford from Dover back in 1965, it had the Chevy 409 in it.
                        http://www.doverdragstrip.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=554
                        Just can’t get away from the way we were back in the Dover days.

Attachments:

tomblake
                        Participant

The current project just got new front lights with bright white headlights.

Attachments:

tomblake
                            Participant

We added a few more graphics to the current project for color.
                                Razed the suspension about 2″ all the way around. Will need a little more rear tire clearance for burnouts.

Attachments:

tomatohead
                                Participant

Tom ❗ I “found” 😆 this 55 chev next to a garage in Long Island the other morning I was deliveing a tractor trailer load of cement it was on Long Island ave near Deer Park area I am trying to find out if its for sale ……….i did not have a straight axle……………tomato ❗

Attachments:

tomatohead
                                    Participant

Tom some more pics ………it did have a fiberglas front end ……tomato

Attachments:

tomatohead
                                        Participant

Tom two more pics …………………………………tomato ❗

Attachments:

tomblake
                                            Participant

Looks like a project car if I ever saw one.
                                                Joe… if you put a Ford engine in it we could race. You with the Ford powered Chevy and I’ll use my Chevy powered Ford. 😆 😆 😆

tomatohead
                                                Participant

Tom,Tom,Tom …… “IF”……..I put a Ford motor in it …..IT would be fast …..but we can still race ….just come to Island in Oct. ….pushing “fast” guys into brakeout is what I do best 😆 ………………….tomato 😀

Attachments:

tomblake
                                                    Participant

tomato…
                                                        The 55 you found looked like a pretty interesting project.
                                                        We are planning to make the Oct race with our Mustang.
                                                        Just got finished adding the last two pieces of safety equipment, the current dated seatbelts and the window net.
                                                        Need several test and tunes and we will be ready.
                                                        Looks like your project is coming along pretty good. When do you think you will be testing?

Attachments:

tomatohead
                                                        Participant

Tom , All in Fun ❗ and yes me too tring to balance work , work around the house and work on the car , I will skip the roll bar as if I run 11.50 and up dont need it this year …….trying to finish the body work , and I am talking to a guy about a coat of white paint monday …………..so I hope to get to the track late aug early sept ….just before the race show 😮 ………………i mite have to quit my job so I can finish the car 😮 😀 😆 ❗ ……….

tomblake
                                                            Participant

This is the Twilight Zone weekend and I just got back from mine.
                                                                Took the Mustang to the downtown Lakeland car show. When we finally parked, after 6:00 and bank closes and they block off the street so the cars can park on an angle. I got parked next to a red Chevelle. When I got to talk to the owner he said he was from New York. My first questions is did you race at Dover.
                                                                The guy starts to tell me a story when he raced there and his 375 hp 396 was put into the 350 hp class and he won. Showed him the Dover decal and started to ask him if he knew about the Dover site. Then other people came up and we got split up and I didn’t even get his name and we weren’t able to get back to each other after that.
                                                                What are the chances, Dover closes in 1975, were 1300 miles away from the old track and we get parked next to each other after all these years. Maybe too much Rod Serling.
                                                                Attached a picture of his Chevelle just in case someone might know the car.

Attachments:

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 237 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.