Current street toy

Forums Forums CURRENT MEMBERS RIDES / RACING Current street toy

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 237 total)
  • Author
    babycakes
    Participant

Nice Tom,and functional.GOOD JOB!!! Pete.

tomblake
        Participant

Took the first test ride with the cold air package. Almost 50 miles round trip. Temperature stays cooler than before. On the interstate about 210 is where is settles out. The best part is that when is idles the temperature comes down below 200. It was about 80 degrees outside when we started. Sucking in the air from outside the engine compartment seems to work pretty good.

mikey

Really good job, and evidently a smart idea. Glad it works for you. Is there a way that you could put a chunk of dry-ice in the intake feed?? Just curious, for those really hot days to cruise. …………Mikey ๐Ÿ˜†

P.S. Got my throttle all done, just need to put some wires back in place, had to disconnect and move some so the welder didn’t get them too hot. Then it needs a good wash job and the owner/driver needs some money in his pocket to get to the track again!! ๐Ÿ˜†

babycakes
                Participant

Hey,Mikey and Tom,I envy you guys! Was thinking about ya when I had -18 degrees below,a few days ago,and never went above 7 degrees that day either! You guys miss this northern weather sometimes,since moving south? (Yeah-right!!!). Pete.

mikey

Pete, it does get 18 below here at my house every once in a while. That’s when I drop my pants to sit on the pot in my “office”. 18 inches below my knees!!! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜ฏ ๐Ÿ˜ฏ ๐Ÿ˜ฏ ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜† …………………..Mikey ๐Ÿ˜ˆ ๐Ÿ˜ˆ ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

babycakes
                        Participant

Mikey…your too much!!!! Luv ya guy! ๐Ÿ˜† Pete.

mikey

Hey, somebody has to keep you guys on your toes, might as well be me!! ๐Ÿ˜†

tomblake
                                Participant

The updated and tinted headlights we put in the Mustang a long way back were not good for night driving. Not good when you see your own shadow as a car comes up behind you. We are trying something new and changed to a one piece non tinted headlight assembly with (High-intensity discharge )(HID) driving lights. Got the left side installed but the HID part of the light did not work. The standard bright bulb is much better than the old headlight system and that is at least a good start.

Attachments:

tomblake
                                    Participant

Got both HID headlights working but not at the same time. Seems to be a defective system. One bulb burns for about 10 seconds and goes out. The other one that was working pretty good doesn’t turn on everytime. ๐Ÿ˜ก

babycakes
                                        Participant

Bummer Tom,hope you can get it corrected. I thought perhaps ‘quality-control’ specialized components,would have the edge on mass produced items you purchase โ“ ๐Ÿ˜ณ

mikey

Hey Tom, maybe they are for Police Cars. You know, one on, one off!! ๐Ÿ˜• ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜ฏ ๐Ÿ˜†

tomblake
                                                Participant

Went to the Plant City car show Saturday. Before leaving I install a standard bulb in one headlight and left the best working HID bulb in the other figuring one light is better than none. Turned out, both worked all the way home. The HID is the brightest light the Mustang has ever had. Will be looking to replace the other one next week.

patina
                                                    Participant

Tom I had a similar problem with my 67 Chevy and 65 Olds but forgot about it till you mentioned replacing 1 bulb. In the 67 I had PIA 135w bulbs, a hi amp stereo boom box and noticed the directional light blinked once every minute at the stop light with my foot on the brake. Turns out I had the stock Altinator (34amps) in the car. Changed that to a 72 amp altinator problem solved. In my 65 Olds with the same lights, they both would go out when the high beams where on. Turns out the dimmer switch was the problem, it actually got hot to the touch I changed it and now its good.

Pat

tomblake
                                                        Participant

Patโ€ฆ.thanks for the information. Sounds like your problem was not enough juice, amps and or voltage. That got my attention. I think I have two problems but the one HID that was in the car last night sounds similar to your problem. The testing I did when the light did not come every time was with the engine off. Last night it worked all night with the 150 amp alternator running on the trip home. As far as a dimmer switch, the Mustang has the switch inside the steering column and might be hard to see if it gets hot.
                                                            But at least we may have one light that seems to be working ok.

bossguy

Tom, over the years that I worked at dealerships I’ve seen a few cars where the kids have replaced the stock 55w bulbs with hi intensity bulbs. This usually leads to melted sockets and/or headlights. One of our older techs said the factory ground wire isn’t heavy enough to take the load and needs to be replaced with a heavier, better ground. If that makes any sense to you?

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 237 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.