Current street toy

Forums Forums CURRENT MEMBERS RIDES / RACING Current street toy

Viewing 12 posts - 226 through 237 (of 237 total)
  • Author
    mikey

Tom, how far to my house round trip? I can get it for you at the Turkey Lake Service Plaza when I get my fuel. Just a thought. Hope all is good with you and Mary. ……………………Mikey :mrgreen:

tomblake
        Participant

Thanks Mikey but I think your place is even a longer trip than to Lake Wales. Hope to have the 55 back running so I won’t need to make too many trips to Lake Wales or I could convert it back to 93 octane.

tomblake
            Participant

4th of July 2014, Independence Day, the Mustang was a trophy winner.

Attachments:

patina
                Participant

Seems like only 2 cars in the show Tom 😆 😆 😆 😆 congratulations.

Pat

tomblake
                    Participant

Pat…..2 cars and they gave out 2 trophies. 😛 Actually the show was over for some time before we took the picture and lots of people had left. Stayed to help a friend make a repair to his show car.

tomblake
                        Participant

Took the Mustang out for ride to show off to a friend a couple of weeks ago. First time the boost gage reached 12 psi on the street and normally don’t do that but what a rush that car can be. Ran good back home and put it in the garage.
                            Took it out and back to the shop for a tire swap a week later, needed the soft compound tires for the 55. But while driving to the back yard the engine was popping. After the tire swap it was put back in the garage till today. Pulled the valve covers expecting to find something wrong with the valve train. The good news was the #8 plug had cracked the porcine and it slipped down to the electrode causing the misfiring. installed new plugs, problem solved.
                            All the years messing with cars I never saw that before. It was good to find such an easy fix after what I was expecting to find.

Attachments:

frank-j-majauskas
                            Participant

WOW Tom, are you lucky ❗ I guess Christmas came early for you ❗ 😆 I love the
                                look of that 572. Is that a Pro Charger set up on that engine ❓ “SWEET” ❗ Happy Black Friday ❗ 😆

Frank… 😎

tomblake
                                Participant

Frank…..Yes that is an F2 Pro Charger. Pro Charger said it should be making 1300 hp at 6000 rpm with 12 pounds of boost. And Happy Black Friday to you to. Wonder how much longer we will be able to call it that? Here come the PC police. 😮

frank-j-majauskas
                                    Participant

Tom, I saw a Pro Charger demonstration at a Super Chevy Show a number of years ago and it
                                        was quite impressive ❗ Actually it was awesome ❗ If I were starting over again, that’s definitely
                                        the route that I’d be taking. 😆 Yeah, I was thinking today about that Black Friday crap and
                                        wondering the same thing as you about how long it will be before that title is changed. 😆

Frank… 😎

frank-j-majauskas
                                        Participant

Tom, you said 1,300 hp @ 6000 rpm’s and 12 lbs of boost. Now did you have to
                                            lower the compression ratio on that motor in order to get the max hp with the
                                            Pro Charger system ❓ What is the compression ratio on that engine :?….ty

Frank… 😎

tomblake
                                            Participant

The numbers are correct. I sent all the engine specs to Pro Charger and they recommended the F1 charger, told them to send the F2 (done this too many years and didn’t want to come back because it was too small). They said ok but would supply the pulleys to kept me out of trouble (no head gasket failure or detonation problems). Some of the info I sent them was, 9.6/1 compression, 6000 max rpm and E85 fuel. The engine started out as the 620 hp crate 572 from GM Performance. At first we installed it right out of the box with no modifications and went from there.
                                                The question about how did I lower the compression. The factory compression of the 620 horse is 9.6. The Pro Charger has a max horsepower of 1600 and they turned it down with the pulleys to fit our combination.

frank-j-majauskas
                                                Participant

Thanks Tom for the information. Basically a crate engine with one bolt on (Pro Charger) that
                                                    doubled your HP. 😮 Amazing ❗ Now, all I have to do is fine about 15 grand or more ❗ 😛 😛

Frank… 😎

Viewing 12 posts - 226 through 237 (of 237 total)
                                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.