DOVER DRAG STRIP GONE /complete photos Then & Now

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION DOVER DRAG STRIP GONE /complete photos Then & Now

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 118 total)
  • Author
    jmb442

That would make a great headline in the Poughkeepsie Journal…. Found an old
        Rhiengold bottle and can on one of my trips. Wasn’t really looking for trophys,but
        Fred Murphy gave this old 1968 Dover class winner that was won by Ron Frost. The
        “Night Light” trophy was just an unexpected ebay find. I guess you can just never have too much stuff….

Attachments:

vbob
        Participant

OK,who’s gonna get into the news about climbing that said pole and not comming down!! You’ll have to stand for some kind of political statement!!!
            You could make the the ap !!
            Gotta wear your Dover shirt !!!!
            I think I can smell where this is going!!!
            I can see the opening news shot,today,in upstate New York,in the town of Wingdale,there is a man of Lithuanain desent tied to a Pole!
            We are trying to get a statement from him but_______ !!!!
            ‘v’Bob

maso
            Participant
                quote dinotheweirdo:

Before this gets out of hand ….lets confirm with a photo… if its true , Lets Ask permission this time ? Maso might be right………………………..”OBSESSED FORMER DRAG RACERS ARRESTED IN THEFT AND TRESSPASSING AT OLD TRACK SITE”

Huh…?!

And how is asking a property owner if you can have a 28 year old pole mounted speaker that’s probably rusty and couldn’t possibly work anymore if you can have that for a keepsake because back in it’s day YOU were the track announcer there… how can that possibly be construed as…”Theft”…???

Just tell him who you are and that it would mean a lot to you if you could have that… he’ll understand.

Somebody up that way… get us a picture of that speaker with your zoom lense and post it here. Let’s see what we’re talking about.

I gotta’ think that that speaker would be a super cool thing for Dino to have and save for posterity.

The origional… “Attention in the pits… and other parts of your body…!” speaker…:lol:

dino
                Keymaster

jmb442 has his doubts , its even there ! “Dover CSI mother goose to CSI Recon 1…establish confirmation of suspected target and relay coordinates to
                    field operative Holeshot OO7….Over”

vbob
                    Participant

Hey, i’m working with 43 year old pics and a 59 year old hard drive!
                        To me, from the street,I see a pole!!

‘V’ Bob

anonymous

your dino and they’re not

dino
                            Keymaster

Pole IS there …called Brian to confirm.(this was driving me bananas) But ..he’s actually confirmed from triangulating three photos with background referance …That it is the pole that was up the slight bank to the street side of staging lane 1 .That is if you faced forward at the front of staging lane 1 with the tower to your right, the pole was to your left. For some reason when they excavated,l owering the entire area…they left that pole intact…and what you see around it’s base is old land ,at old hieght. NOW …if anybody read the whole POLE/Speaker story and didn’t know us…theyd’e think we’re a little COMPULSIVLY NUTS…………………and the’re right…SO go get the Damn thing if it’s there ….OH Bob ….about your 59 year old “Hard” drive…is it still 😆 .?

maso
                                Participant
                                    quote dinotheweirdo:

Pole IS there…

Cool…!!!

quote :

For some reason…they left that pole intact

So we could go back there in 2008 and get it…!

quote :

…if anybody read the whole POLE/Speaker story and didn’t know us…theyd’e think we’re a little COMPULSIVLY NUTS…

Naw… this is worth persuing… do it…!

jmb442

Video Bob is right, plenty of poles scattered around, but I didn’t see
                                        any speakers! The close up shows speaker???? brackets,but it doesn’t look like
                                        anythings been attached for a long time…

Attachments:

maso
                                        Participant

Brackets….?!

Naw… that ain’t good enuff… 🙁

anonymous

i,ve got your speakers, give me 20 bucks and a parachute.

dino
                                                Keymaster

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR HERE TO ALL WACKO SPEAKER /POLE ADDICTS

This is BY FAR the funniest “thread ” of Replys we’ve had yet ….SO I’m adding to the Forum heading a tag so it doesn’t get lost in the Sea of topics.
                                                    ….now about this damn Speaker That isn’t there ❓ …jmb442 got so fired up he drove there to photo I think 😮 ….now thats dedication from our resident Film/Photo tech….like we don’t have anything else to do ….I should talk ?…but lets get the brackets and send them To Video Bob …tell him its Really a speaker …just hold it up to your ear Bob and you can hear the cars. Your “soft” drive will get it.

dino
                                                    Keymaster

Brian is going to check out “the Attic’ at the bigger of the two remaining buildings(Now a Wood Working Shop) at the entrance area…the other small building is locked up (The old track office) ….Army Guys? …Recon the structure ! Digger Dave Airborne Unit Activated !….send him 20 bucks and he’ll buy ya lunch….Brian knows the guy now in the wood shop. Could there be Relics in the rafters ? a Speaker or two ? Now If I get speaker in the mail with Sally’s Flea Market Tag on it …somebodys gona pay !

anonymous

dino, out saragosa way the speakers were alot bigger than them, you might want to call california joe. or maybe dirty mary.

[edit-dino….Digger ..thought I successfully forgot those two lowlifes and what do you do ….remind me …now I’ll have nightmares of crooked teeth (private thing: me & digger…sorry guys)]

vbob
                                                            Participant

Do you know if we are looking for Keds or Nike sneakers ????
                                                                High top or low ???
                                                                ‘V’Bob

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 118 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.