HorsePower is Where You Find IT !

Forums Forums CURRENT MEMBERS RIDES / RACING HorsePower is Where You Find IT !

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 444 total)
  • Author
    gene-terenzio-sr
    Participant
        quote video Bob:

HEY

Whats a good story without some background music!
        ‘V’
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hQAO8QTnG8&feature=related

IT WAS ALMOST TIME.
        There hot rods were done, All shinny and bright.
        In hopes they could still cut a good lite.
        When it finally stopped snowing.
        They loaded up there steeds.
        There gole was to win, If they had all it needs.
        There were Hemi’s and Chevy’s, Fords all a glow.
        They all hoped, That nothing would blow.
        They looked at the tree with all the bright lites.
        Now was the time, For it was there Rite.
        They lit the two bulbs on top of the tree.
        Yellow, yellow, yellow, yellow, green,
        Please don’t be lean.
        Time to get started
        The other guys out in front! I shouldn’t have farted.
        We go true the lites at the end of the track.
        This is no time to have a look back.
        Hit the chute before its to late.
        Not sure if I won, Should have left sooner out of the gate
        I had some fun thats all i can say!
        What the hell I still get some pay.
        Gene Terenzio Sr. C/R

gene-terenzio-sr
        Participant
            quote Maso:

quote Gene Terenzio Sr.:

quote Tomatohead:

…. Gene ,…. I dont think so …. ❓ my fathers from town of Coledmetza , in Abbruzzi , north of Rome, so my father is abbruzzese and my mother is calabaese, my mothers name was Citino , and my fathers mothers name was DiFanchesco and she is still alive ,she lives in Naples Fla,and will be 100 years old Aug 16 2011 ❗ ……. Gene you should try to make the Dover Fest at Big Als 😀 …… how far are you 2 hours or so ❓ ❓ …. or see you at the race in Aug ❗ 😀

,Wow that great, 100 years old. Were 2hr 12 min on the other side of the mountain.

WOW…!!!

Attn: Tomato Head and Gino

MIne too…! I’m serious…!

Colle di Mezzo Italy, In the Abruzzo and Molise region. What is truly amazing about that is this: That small mountain town today has only 540 people in population, Imagine what it had for population for the 1880’s when my great grandfather Camila Di Lello and his wife Carmela ( nee Simonetti ) immigrated to Riker’s Island…!

Colle di Mezzo actually is due east of Rome almost as far as the Adriatic Sea, but still up there in the mountains. That’s where people in political trouble went to hide out from authorities. My great x6 grandfather was a Barron ( Il Barone ) who got his ass excommunicated because he got caught messing about with one of the Cardinal’s mistresses…! Don’cha hate when that happens…?

Colle di Mezzo today has a large lake there in the valley called Lago di Bamba. It is a dammed up river. It wasn’t there in the 1880’s. There was a major earth quake centered about 55 miles north west of there about a year and a half ago. You don’t want to be anywhere neer to a dammed up river during an earth quake… but they were okay. Tremmors of that quake were felt 70 miles away in the Vatican city, but Colle di Mezzo felt nothing.

Attn: GramDog

This is no B.S. My father’s family and the Tomatoe Head’s are from the same place. He and I could actually be related.

Go see: http://en.comuni-italiani.it/069/026/

At least Piasans.

maso
            Participant
                quote bossguy:

Maso, I think you mean Ellis Island? Rikers Island is a prison in the east river up near LaGuardia Airport.

Ellis Island… My bad…

What a stoopid mistake… eh…?!

Anyway, it looks like the Tomato Head’s family and mine both come from the same small village in Italy where the population even today is only about 540 people. I think that’s remarkable. That probably less population than Ryker’s Island has…!

This has gone way off topic… hasn’t it…! 🙄

don-kauer

” Luca Brazzi sleeps with the fishes ” 😎 V-man……….We better watch out….We might wake up and find a Tomato head in our bed… 😆 😆 😆

tomatohead
                    Participant

….. V-BOB 😀 ❗ ….Don 😀 ❗ ….. we love you guys too 😀 ❗ ….yoa havea nathina to a worrya abouta ❗ comprenda ❓ 😀 and no this is not off topic 😀 the more horsepower ❗ the better ❗ …… 😀 … CHOW ❗ ……………… 😀 GENE ❗ ck your mail box I sent you a message 😮 ❗

tomatohead
                        Participant

….all right you guys ❗ I think winter is over ,so I moved the snow blower back up into the shed 😀 …and the sun is out shinin’ real nice but with the winds blowin’ its frezzin’ ❗ even in the garage ❗ so I started liftin’ the Lane in the air , up on stands starting to drop the headers ,and repalce the gaskets , two ports are blown out ,and drop the trans and switch to another trans I have with a different shifter , in hopes of fixing the problems that were going on at the last race 😕 ,test and tune at the valley after the swap meet the 10th 😀 … hope to see you guys at the swap meet and test and tune ❗

Attachments:

tomatohead
                            Participant

….well at least it got warmer today 😀 wind stopped blowin almost completely and was able to open the garage doors ❗ …didnt even get to droppin the headers 🙄 dropped the trans ,and cked the input and output shafts and didnt look like they were twisted or bent 😮 gear oil was ok lookin,no metal pieces popped the cover off everybody looked like they were where they were suppost to be 🙄 so I guess I am swapping in the other trans I have and switch the shifter and see how that goes 🙄 the trans that came out is going to come apart and some new bronze blocker rings are going in ,unless I find more stuff wrong 🙄 ……. D4 ❗

Attachments:

tomatohead
                                Participant

….. the trans thats going in is the same size shafts and gear ratios , 2.78 1st and I have one more trans if this one doesnt do the trick 😉 …a close ratio 2.32 1st , with larger input and output shafts …….. test and tune after the swap meet at the VALLEY 😀 ….. does any body have any input on using something different then 80-90w gear oil ❓ in a std trans ❓ ❓ ….trans fluid ❓ STP ❓ ❓

Attachments:

mikey

Mater, you could try some Synthetic 85/140, that might work for you. Also, on that trans you pulled out, I would change the input shaft and change the pilot bearing. The area where the pilot bearing rides does not look good to me. It could be binding the shaft up at high RPMs, and make it hard to shift. It might not be allowing the clutch to disengage the input shaft so the trans will shift properly. Just my humble opinion. 😀 …………..Mikey 😆

tomatohead
                                        Participant

….Mikey , Mikey , Mikey ❗ ❗ , bet ya the weathers real nice in FLA ❗ 😀 ,and I LOVE your opinion 😀 and when I put the car together I had installed a roller needle bearing pilot bushing 😀 ❗ and this replacement trans has a much better shape input shaft ,swapped the rear tailshaft housing to the “Fairlane” model one ,cant use the mustang tailshaft housing becuase the shifter mounts to far back ,and started to test fit the Hurst Ram Rod shifter to the trans . The Ram Rod shifter is a straight line shifter and I have replaced the shift lever rods with much thicker Super/Shifter 3 rods 😀 , I plan on using 2 qts of atf fluid and a can of STP 😮 for gear lube , ah la “Hubert Platt” well see how that works 🙄 so back in it goes and testing after the swap meet at the Valley 😀 hope to see some of you guys there ❗ …………………………………. oh I think i need a new camara 😡

Attachments:

tomatohead
                                            Participant

……GREAT to see Bob doin a burnout in his Chevelle 😀 actually I have had all the yard work and garden planting just about cauht up so had some time to put the trans back in the “Lane 😀 so I can go and do a burnout and test for the 3rd Race too 😀 ……… i really need a new camara ❗

Attachments:

mikey

Mater, I don’t think it’s the camera. I think it’s the hands holding the camera. Kinda like “the loose nut behind the wheel!!”
                                                    Sorry, I couldn’t resist. …………..Mikey 😆

tomatohead
                                                    Participant

…….Mikey ❗ you could always name or call your car “Mikey Likes It” 😀 ……remember mikey doesnt like anything 😆 ❗ ….. Mikey no I didnt get a new camara yet 😕 ……and are you getting a new car next year after the race ❓ ❓ thought I hear something ❓ …………………….. so any way heres is my new good luck charm 😉 for this years race 😀 ……………. a new “red ball” for the rev loc / out , … to go with the white one on my Hurst Ram Rod shifter 😀 ……I am thinking all I need is a little “luck” 😀 ………………. and my red and white balls 😀 ………………………. tomato

Attachments:

tomatohead
                                                        Participant

……man ❗ I Really love this race coming up ❗ from the airport to the cabbage patch to the valley ❗ 😀 …… what next ❓ 😀 …….I am heading to FLA to my grandmothers 100 year old birthday party this sunday and hope to return wedesday 😀 ❗ the load up the car and see you guys there saturday 😀 ………….. tomatohead …ps oh I will probably be sleeping in my truck 😆 ❗ ……… really ❗ 😮

Attachments:

mikey

Hey, Mater, where in Florida?? Maybe you could stop by my house for a quick visit. Give me a call. ….Mikey 😆

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 444 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.