HorsePower is Where You Find IT !

Forums Forums CURRENT MEMBERS RIDES / RACING HorsePower is Where You Find IT !

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 444 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Drake got me hooked on Fords Also started with my Dad…He had a primo 50 4-door,then a pristine 53 2-door, I WAS Supposed to get when I turned 16….BUT the old old Flathead Blew and we sold it.Then it was a 54 -a 55 – a 56 with Richie Matonie 433 Cobra jet and then My Surfer 50 Woody Wagon…my brother had a 53 convert in high school…then he got the GT350H from Dake.My wife has had a long line of Fords…Pinto & full size wagons and currently drives an Escape…Loves it. Of Course I DRIVE the Dino Trick Truck…93 F-150 with custom paint and now 238000 miles. Just did the trans ( Yes SuperStock Pete- Did what you said) and she still runs like a raped ape.

tomatohead
        Participant

………… “DINO” ❗ 🙄 ….I didnt know you had a FORD with A 433″ motor in it ❓ 🙄 and you do mean “RICHIE” from “PROFESSIONAL MACHINE” right ❓ and did I spell that right 😀 ❗ I knew Richie at professional machine in MT KISCO and was friends with his nefue “PJ” we worked at AASTRO TRANSMISSION back in 1979 80 ❗ RICHIE did work on my 69 390 Mustang motor , my brothers 71 351 CLEVELAND and my 69 428 SCJ motor ❗ ………………….aaaahhh the good ol days ❗

vindicator
            Participant

😀 😀 😀 Hey Guys…maybe this is the start of a separate thread (?)…Dino got the Ford addiction…Terry O’Shea…for sure was addicted to the Shott Brothers…Top Gas Dragster…I can tell ya’…3 very memorable cars/guys…who just made me wanna’/have to… “do it” 😆 😆 😆 Dickie Doyle in the thundering “Blown Hearse”…Bobby Lagana…I didn’t like that crazy/kinda’ ugly Plymouth coupe…with the battery mounted high outside the trunk…but…Bobby was one awesome “wheel man”…could make that 4-speed car (he really could make any stick-shift car for that matter) “sing” 😆 😆 😆 and lastly Al Oakes “Growler” Anglia A/G car…for sure later on the Brazee Bros-George/Joe-Chuck Sabis “Lil Giant” & Charlie Boucher “Bad News”…were really awesome (winning all the time too)…the “best of the best” real racers/great guys!!!) 😀 😀 😀 …but as a 14 year old…way back when (’61-’62)…see-in’ them “cats”…in “action”…it was time to move away from wiping tires on the Flathead dragster ‘eh… 😆 😆 😆 Drake

dino
                Keymaster
                    quote Tomatohead:

………… “DINO” ❗ 🙄 ….I didnt know you had a FORD with A 433″ motor in it ❓ 🙄 and you do mean “RICHIE” from “PROFESSIONAL MACHINE” right ❓ and did I spell that right 😀 ❗ I knew Richie at professional machine in MT KISCO and was friends with his nefue “PJ” we worked at AASTRO TRANSMISSION back in 1979 80 ❗ RICHIE did work on my 69 390 Mustang motor , my brothers 71 351 CLEVELAND and my 69 428 SCJ motor ❗ ………………….aaaahhh the good ol days ❗

Yup….428 bored to 433…Crane Cam….Holley double pumper… FOUR SPEED! in a 56 Ford Victoria ( no post with the windows down-Not a Crown) with Glass front fenders .Pro Macine did the motor…Assembled at the Automobile Shop,where I was working at the time. Sorry to say…It got ‘liquidated’ before the Divorce,so she couldn’t touch it. Sold it to some dudes in Norwalk who pulled the engine and put it in a street racer Mustang and JUNKED the Body.Last seen on the pile to be crushed at LaJoie Auto wrecking…a shame …shoulda hid it and kept it.

tomatohead
                    Participant

…….. well its nice to know you knew “RICHIE” ❗ , …he was very nice 🙂 ……..and I wish you had the ’56 , thats the year I was born 😯 , well your not dead yet 😀 ❗ 😮 , so you might as well start lookin for something to build ❗ maybe the new Trick Truck / alla “DINO” , plus a big inch engine of couase 😀 , ………….so ok I am going to do some new things to the “LANE” ……………..

Attachments:

dino
                        Keymaster

Hey…I Know…start by getting the ole buffer out and finish off that paint job….maybe that BIG kid down the street with all the muscle …Kevin… can handle it ….he looks like that would like easy for him to handle. just wet sand with some 1500-2000 grit and hit it with the polish. Then mount the side trim.You DO have that right?. Really needs that grill trim to finish it off too.I’ll PM you the next step.

vindicator
                            Participant

😀 😀 😀 Hey Tomato…just “saw” over on Class Racer…John Presing has a big input (1-3/8″)…2.93 1st gear Liberty crash box top loader for sale with shifter…don’t know if it’s in your “budget”…but…would be a very good/durable/dependable transmission for your car…(way…way…better than your small input/stock ratio “piece”) the gear ratios will for sure make you et “quicker” as well…John is a very good long-time Ford stock eliminator (428 CJ ’68 Mustang) racer…very knowledgable Ford guy…he’s in north Jersey… not far from you…his phone is 973-427-3673…his “word” is sound…one you can trust 😀 😀 😀 Drake…maybe…just maybe…you could be the new millenium…”Mr 4-Speed”…easily…these transmissions shift so well…you’ll be a instant “All-Star” for sure!!! 😆 😆 😆

tomatohead
                                Participant

……… DRAKE THANKS for the HEADS UP 😀 ❗ …….. I will give him a call 😀 , will go from there ❗ THANKS ❗ …………TOMATO ❗

tomatohead
                                    Participant

………………. OK , lets see 😕 ❓ ….. first of all the computor blow up ❗ 👿 and just got it back and all the programs and softwares all dirrerant and I think I am getting use to them and finelly figured 🙄 ❓ out the pictures loading and etc etc , so this isnt really a “Horsepower Report” 🙁 , more like a report on how to get my power to the track 🙂 ,and after not putting the power to the pavement for the last three years ❗ 😥 dissapointment is as much as mine as everybodys 😡 ❗ ………. so after making the choice of racing or braking the car at the track I am switching to automatic transmission 😯 ….. so out comes the 4 speed ……………….. for now …………..

Attachments:

tomatohead
                                        Participant

………. 4 speed out for now …………

Attachments:

tomatohead
                                            Participant

……… Ford C-4 automatic 3 speed , large bell housing ,TCI 10″ converter , B&M valve body kit , and stock Ford Mustang shifter 😀 ………………………….if any thing else this is going to weight a little less also , then the steel 40 lb flywheel , 11″ truck clutch ??,Lakewood steel ??lb housing ,cast iron top loader 4 spd trans ??lb and Hurst shifter ……………………all that stuff is HEAVY . 😮 ……………………………….. but my car should weight in at around 2600 or 2700 lbs 😀 ….. i hope ❗ ………………………………….plus a couple hundred with me in it 😆

Attachments:

mikey

Looks good so far. Nice pictures, too. 😀 You get a new camera, or did you have a little wine to settle the nerves?? 😮 Joking aside, you sure did take a lot of weight out of the car by pulling out the standard shift stuff. 😯 Must be close to 200 lbs. 🙄 So, if you’re 200, it will be like driving without yourself. 😆
                                                    ……………..Mikey 😆 😆 😆

tomatohead
                                                    Participant

……MIKEY ❗ ❓ did you call me the other day ❓ ❓ sorry was busy working in the heat layin black top ❗ didnt get your call till later 😕 …. yes MIKEY I got a new camara 😀 ❗ ………………. I helped the SMOKIN’ COBRAJET guys get to the track Friday so they could race , SAT and SUN at the VALLEY ❗ ❗ 😀 ……………

Attachments:

tomatohead
                                                        Participant

……and sat and sun I worked on this automatic trans swap for the Fairlane for the 4 th DOVER RACE at the VALLEY 😀 ❗ ❗ …………… is this camera workin ❓ ❓

Attachments:

tomatohead
                                                            Participant

…… I also lowed the car by about 2-3″ in the rear first by removing one leave spring from each side and installing one 4 degree wedge shim on each side to help the pinion angle and move the traction bar snubber rubber closer to the front spring eye mount , so I need to mount the shifter and replace some of the blown out header gaskets while Iam under here ❗ 😀 so here we go again …….. ❗

Attachments:

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 444 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.