HorsePower is Where You Find IT !

Forums Forums CURRENT MEMBERS RIDES / RACING HorsePower is Where You Find IT !

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 444 total)
  • Author
    babycakes
    Participant

Ah!!! The ‘need for speed’ never ends Joe,does it? Seriously,I think your on the right track for ‘consistency’ and ‘dependability’,without going overboard,and breaking the bank,and the drive train in your ‘hot-rod’! GO FOR IT!!!

tomatohead
        Participant

………… hey ❗ , found this picture of my car from the rear , guess you guys see this alot 😀 ❗ ……………………………… test & tune apr 6&7 at the valley ❗

Attachments:

dino
            Keymaster

He’s right…how many rounds did ya go in Dover Vintage Elim, Last race?

babycakes
                Participant

‘Mater’ Joe,like Mikey sez….gotta paint them bumpers Argent ( Ford silver), before you hit the track this year! 😉 Pete.

dino
                    Keymaster

Side Trim, Paint And letter it ! …I can make the Lettering Happen ! ….in one Day .

tomatohead
                        Participant

……….. I was working on the four speed so much, and then it didnt work out, so I switched to the auto and went to the third round , before breaking out ❗ now maybe I can get back to the body work and paint and lettering ❗ …………………maybe 😀

babycakes
                            Participant

Joe,time is ticking away,won’t be long you’ll be spending time also,planting your ‘big’ vegetable garden! 😮 😕 🙄

tomatohead
                                Participant

……………….. I have started on a four engine project of three 351s, one Windsor and two Clevelands and one 460 . One will be 357 , one 360 and one 395 cu in , and the last one will be 475 cu in . 😀 these motors along with two others will power three cars for this season ,all using C-4 transmissons . While looking for HorsePower 😀 in the garage I found a cracked cyl. 🙁 😮 😡 in one of the motors that was in one of the cars from last season and the block was removed and the new block has now been treated to a dose of hard blok ,so hopefully we dont have that breakage again 😀 ❗ …………. after some set up time it will be finish machined and assmbled. the 475 is basicilly a spare and will fit it either of the Mustangs without any work , only headers and bell housing 😀

Attachments:

tomatohead
                                    Participant

…… a few more pics of the “cement over coat” 😀 …….. hot tanked ,washed,new frezze plugs,leveled ,mains torqued , filled and the heads torqued , and left for time to set up ………….

Attachments:

babycakes
                                        Participant

Dr. “JOE” looks like the ‘operation’ was a success,and recovery in no time to the (engine) patient! Seriously Joe, NICE JOB!!! Pete.

tomatohead
                                            Participant

……. OK looks like the engine assy . has gone from four motors to five now 😮 😀 , …so we are biulding a 302 5.0L with the 3.400″stroke so now were even going to have a 340 ci Ford for this year , will probably go into the “Black Mustang” thats coming out of retirerment , ………. you know how it is when you retire ,sooner or later you come back out of retirement 😀 ❗ 😆 , so we got the one with the block filler dryed now that will be going to be bored out next and the one in the bag is already punched out ,so I will start mocking up the crank in the 302 block to check the crankshaft counterweights make sure theres room for the rods to swing without hitting the bottom of the cyl. bores , then we can finish machining decking and hot tanking the block and then back for the assy. , ………………………………. and the beat goes on ……….. 😀

Attachments:

mikey

Nice to see that you’re keeping busy, or is that dizzy?? …………..Mikey 😮 😯 😆

babycakes
                                                    Participant

And so the ‘Ford’ engine ‘assembly’ line begins! Henry’s looking down on ya Joe; :geek: it better be right! 🙄 😆 Pete.

dino
                                                        Keymaster

Blake and Tomatobrain seem to keep us informed of all their ‘building’…whats going on in ALL the other Garages?…This “CURRENT MEMBERS RIDES/RACING needs some input…keep the Dover Guys nation wide informed.I’m sure they’de like to know . . . Start a new topic on Your stuff.

tomatohead
                                                            Participant

……… thanks “DINO” 😀 , … just sharing stuff that going on before we get to the track 😀 , …… So “RUDY” calls me up and says “JOE” what are you doing ?? 🙄 so he says come over and get me I found another ENGINE for “US” ❗ 😀 , so we have another engine , a late model Mustang 5.0L 302 ROLLER motor , I stripped it down to the short block and moved it in for the rest of diss-assy , this one is also good for 340 cu in or 330 cu in ………………….. we are looking for 351 Windsors if you guys know of any ❗ 😀 …………… how did that picture of that sandwich get there ❓ 😀

Attachments:

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 444 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.