HorsePower is Where You Find IT !

Forums Forums CURRENT MEMBERS RIDES / RACING HorsePower is Where You Find IT !

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 444 total)
  • Author
    babycakes
    Participant

No matter the updates on ‘Ford’ engines ‘Mater’ Joe, that you display for us; you usually include ‘food for thought’ also! 😆 😆 😆 😆

hvy70ss
        Participant

Lookin’ good Mater!! Could this be a Ford Team in the making??? Those pics look like Bob Gliddens from years ago. Anybody testing this weekend @ the ‘Valley??

Smitty

babycakes
            Participant

Just got an e mail from my friend Joe.He went past the “Valley’,and a ‘bunch’ of drag race trailers,are moving in! Get ready for 2013 drag racing ❗ ❗ ❗ 😀 Pete.

babycakes
                Participant

Hey Mikey! What’s been going on???? Haven’t heard from ya in awhile! No doubt you’ve been busy with your ‘new’ venture wih M&M . Just curious if you had a chance to run your Willys yet? If so,how’d ya do? 🙄 Pete.

patina
                    Participant

He Mater the #15 Mustang was up at the Valley today ran a few 11.3s. Where were you?

Pat

babycakes
                        Participant

More than likely Pat, Farmer ‘Mater’ was out in the lower ’40’,planting tomato plants,and such! 😉 😆 😆 😆

tomatohead
                            Participant

…..OK while waiting to get the 357 and the 347 blocks back from J&B Performance 😀 I fired up the “LANE” and enjoyed the sunshine ❗ 😀

Attachments:

tomatohead
                                Participant

………. HEY ❗ almost forgot , friend of mine called me and said he found a close ratio FORD 4 speed for me at the “RIGHT” price ❗ 😀 and YES the price was RIGHT ❗ 😆 so I have a 4 spd for the Fairlane for testing ❗ OH here we go again ❗ 🙄 …… D4 ❗ 😀

Attachments:

babycakes
                                    Participant

‘Mater’ Joe, ( just my ‘personal’ 2 cents worth), stick with the ‘automatic’,and use the 4 speed for ‘display’ memories only! Remember Dover 4 last year; consistency,dependability, and performance from the automatic! Why go ‘back to 4 speed frustration,and breakage you’ve had in the past? 🙁 🙄 . Hey! Garden prep looking :geek: 🙂 good!!! Pete.

mikey

Joe, for what it’s worth, I agree with Pete. Be smart, not stubborn! We all know that you can shift the hell out of a 4spd, but the automatic is too consistent not to use.
                                            Just my opinion, Bro. ………………Mikey 😆

babycakes
                                            Participant

There ya go Mikey! Also he’s got to put at the top of ‘to-do’ list,paint those bumpers argent!!!! Right Mikey? 😆 😆 😆 😆

mikey

ABSOFRIGGINLUTELY!!!!!!!! 😮 😯 😆

dino
                                                    Keymaster

SupersportPete is our resident “Automatic” guy…and Frank Lupo always ‘in stock” at Dynamic for tips & tricks.

tomatohead
                                                        Participant

……. well the 357″ Cleveland build is in the “GASSER” post so I thought I would start to cover the 347″ , 302 small block here in the “HORSEPOWER” post , ….. block was hot tanked and bored +.030 at J&B Performance by Eric 😀 , then once home in the garage before anything is installed the crank with one set of rods and pistons is installed to check crank rotation to see where rod bolt clearanceing of the lower cyl bores is needed ,then the remaining cyls are done the same way, 😀 .After all grinding is done deburring of the block and main caps is next and then oil resistors are done. Crankshaft has .400″ stroke over stock 302 😀 and uses longer 5.400″ rods 😀

Attachments:

tomatohead
                                                            Participant

…….. well since I started this 347 thing here in the HORSEPOWER is were you find it , we mite as well find it right here 😀 ❗ , …so from the begining its all test fittin” with the stroker crank ❗ …….. hell we might paint this thing “BLUE” ……………….

Attachments:

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 444 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.