HorsePower is Where You Find IT !

Forums Forums CURRENT MEMBERS RIDES / RACING HorsePower is Where You Find IT !

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 444 total)
  • Author
    babycakes
    Participant

Looking real ‘GOOD’ Joe! Keep at it! Gotta work off those sausage wedge sandwiches!!! 😆 😆 😆 😆

tomatohead
        Participant

…… OK , 😀 now lets see , …… ❓ ❓ ❓ ….OK yea I remember now we are , ..er I mean I am switching the motor builds to this post 🙄 😕 , …yes OK becuase this is were you will find HORSEPOWER ❗ ❗ 😀 ………………………………………… so we will pick up on the first one being the 347 stroker ,for a 90 Mustang and then the 351 C for a 1973 Cougar and then the 351 Windsor being stroked to 395 (+.040″) X ( 3.85″) and the other one is a Cleveland +30 for 357 ❗ …… so stay tuned for the next episode ❗ 😀 same “DOVER” time ❗ , same “DOVER” channel ❗ 😀 😆

Attachments:

dino
            Keymaster

Not being much of a mechanic…a lot of this is not that interesting to me…BUT I’m sure many are being entertained with the ‘step-by-step progress. .same as the Tom Blake ‘saga’.

mikey

Joe, you need to build yourself a nice “run-in” stand. Kinda like the one I used in my 357 build. It’s easy, and you probably have everything you need right there in the garage. Find a steel engine dolly that a crate motor came on, put 4 caster wheels on it, and you have a good start. Then you need a flex-plate or flywheel, and a starter, and a bell-housing. Make, or find, another little roll-around cart to hold a battery, some gauges, an electric fuel pump, a coil, an ignition or toggle switch for start, and a toggle switch for the fuel pump. Nice to have the pump on it’s own switch, I feel. Next, an old set of headers, and you can put mufflers on if you like, it’s up to you. Last, a water pump is needed, but you’re gonna use one anyway, right? Put the lower hose on, and make an adapter from PVC to screw your garden hose on to it. Do the same with the upper hose, and just run it out in the yard or driveway. How fast you run the water through the motor will determine the temp. I ran mine to 180-85, several times, then cooled it to about 140 and ran it up slowly. You can check everything on the stand: coolant leaks, oil leaks, weird noises, valve adjustments and set up the carb and timing. And since you do only, or mostly Fords, your stuff is on wheels and can be moved out of the way, and not disassembled. What do ya think???
                    ………………….Mikey 😆
                    P.S. Pete told me to tell you to also get 2 cans of “argent(silver)paint” for the bumpers. 😉 🙂 😀 😆

babycakes
                    Participant

Mikey,you forgot the ‘P.S.’ a can of argent paint for those ‘ U’ gly bumpers on his ” Tomatobolt! 😆 😆 😆 Pete.

mikey

OK, Pete, I will “edit” the post!! 😆

tomatohead
                            Participant

…..”DINO” I think your a “little” interested 😀 ❗ 😆 ………… I know most evrybody else is ❗ 😀 …………… just look at the “views” the posts get from the “DOVER” guys ❗ ❗ “TOM BLAKES” new old ride 55 is up around 19000 hits 😯 ❗ 😮 😀 and yes I am trailing with only around 13000 ❗ 😀 , man somebody sure is interested besides “MIKEY” and “CAKES” who I LOVE both DEARLY ❗ ……so keep up the good work everybody ❗ 😀 ………………… I am thinking about building another car to bring to the races something like a mustang with a 480 inch (460) motor in it looking for the body right now , stay tuned ……………………………… 😀

dino
                                Keymaster

Tomato sauce…I do check all the time …to see what your eating…ya know with 1490 guys on the Good Ship DDS.com …it takes all knds and we are never gona please everyone…stuf like this topic is what makes the whole forum so diversifed…use search …there’s somnething for everyone here…just got to find it. …….even vegatables.

tomatohead
                                    Participant

…………..thanks ❗ 😀 ……………….. tomato

dino
                                        Keymaster

Was up?…Saw Kevin on FaceBook say he blew the motor at Lebanon???

don-kauer

REALLY ❓ ❓ ❓ Or not ❗

dino
                                                Keymaster

Don…not sure which car…Mater has one…this must be the white one Heres some of his remarks:
                                                    “Friday via mobile
                                                    I had a terrible night at the track. I blew up my brand new engine with only 10 passes on it.”

“I don’t know what broke. I’m going to pick the valve covers off tomorrow then if I don’t find anything there I’m going to check the flywheel. The noise was intermittent at idle but the car went from running 10. 86to 11. 98″

” It came and went a few times under idle, I thought it had something to do with the alternator or tach because the gauge caught fire and the tach was jumping. I re-wired/bypassed the alternator gauge and it fixed the tach problem. It is a grinding noise on some part of the rotating assembly. I am not ruling out the possibility of it being the fly-wheel”

” oil pressure is a little jumpy but it has 50 when I goose it. but usually when I crank it with the ignition off it’ll build to 70psi, now it doesnt register”

Then this response:
                                                    Carmine Berlingeri
                                                    I dont think you blew your motor, they usually run there best just before they blow, as far as the bronze gear if you have a roller cam you should have one.

” I’m converting to a Windsor motor. Never catch me wearing a bow tie. I pulled the oil filter off and it was completely covered in huge metal chunks”

babycakes
                                                    Participant

WOW! This is the ‘last’ thing any of us ODF”s want to hear! Just guessing,a piston,and or connecting rod broke? Kevin or Joe,I hope the damage was minimal,you guys put this engine together by the book,and them some!

don-kauer

Not much of this entire paragraph makes any sense and I’m not going to analyze what’s been said 😕 😕 BUT the first basic rule is: IF YOU HEAR A FU__ING NOISE STOPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!Do not make more passes…Do not rev the snot out of it…Don’t do SHIT until you have it apart and you can inspect it ❗ ❗ ❗ ❗ ❗ WTF GUYS 🙄 Casey are you listening to this ❓ ❓ ❓ ….Cakes..What book were you referring to ❓ ❓ …………………………………………Don..(one of the guys who wore a bow tie)……8-)

mikey

There seems to be silence from the parties with the problems. What’s going on, guys?? But, I have to agree with DK, any noise, SHUT IT DOWN!! Guys, I towed over 1300 miles to make 2 passes at The Valley, heard a noise, and shut it down. Quite a bit of damage, but it could have been a lot worse!! So, I towed another 1300 miles back to Florida. But, I learned a lot about that motor once I got it out and started to pull it apart. I was able to salvage a lot of parts, sold some, and re-used some, and scrapped some too. If it was a parts failure, maybe you have some recourse, you never know. The assembly looked good, so you have to hope for the best. I’m a Chevy guy, so what do I know anyway. Good luck guys. ……………..Mikey 😥 🙄 :mrgreen:

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 444 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.