HorsePower is Where You Find IT !

Forums Forums CURRENT MEMBERS RIDES / RACING HorsePower is Where You Find IT !

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 444 total)
  • Author
    tomatohead
    Participant

……. Alright 😀 , Alright 😀 ,Alright ❗ ❗ , OK the race is over till next year so back to assying motors 😀 , Doing the assy for my son on his new motor for his Mustang , showing and teaching him as we go 😀

Attachments:

dino
        Keymaster

Mater …Need a Bleakly Racing report…they change cars so frequently.

tomatohead
            Participant

…..OK quickly my car got wheel alinement , Rudys car got a new camshaft and Kevins car a new motor , but needed a new rear main seal 😕 😡 , I didnt put Kevins motor together 🙄 , but I HAD to fix it ❗ , I am the one who FIXES BOTH of there cars when the “others” fail , and mine , my wifes , my sons , my daughters etc 🙄 …………………. so Rudys car is back in the 10.70 -10.80s and Kevins car is in the lower 10s 😀 now that I fixed the rear seal , its aways HELL to PAY when your rear seal is LEAKING ❗

Attachments:

tomatohead
                Participant

……. OK back to my son , he is also looking for Horse Power 😀 Hope he finds it , 😀 this is where the Fresh Motor is going 😀 , I know alot of you guys can relate to these pictures from pulling one out and getting ready to put one back in , after cleaning and fixing all the other S#&T you find wrong 😀 , but BOY IS HE HAVIN FUN ❗

Attachments:

tomatohead
                    Participant

….. Michaels small block Ford was treated to some polishing of the crankshaft parting lines and the beams on the rods before the machine work was done , the crankshaft went to “FRED” at “THE CRANK SHOP” in Montgomery NY , and the rods went to “ERIC” at “J&B Performance” in Poughkeepsie NY 😀

Attachments:

tomatohead
                        Participant

….OK when the crank came back , we were able to test fit the parts check clearances and degree the cam before hanging the rods on the pistons 😀

Attachments:

tomatohead
                            Participant

….. I showed Michael how to do this , should be able to walk through it next time 😀

Attachments:

babycakes
                                Participant

‘Mater’ all this work on the engines, and yet the bumpers on the ‘Tomato Bolt’ are still white! Newly inducted Mikey, GET ON HIS CASE!!! lol,

tomatohead
                                    Participant

…… NOT to Worry , ….. just busy busy busy ….. the bumpers will get painted , …..someday 😀 , so after all the cleaning and polishing time to make it “BLUE” ❗

Attachments:

tomatohead
                                        Participant

….. next nice new cam bearings installed and new ROLLER cam slipped in like BUTTER ❗ 😀 you can see all of the deburring and polishing of the main bearing saddles and cyl. s on the bottom redeucing sharp edges and friction ❗

Attachments:

tomatohead
                                            Participant

….. new cam and polished and balanced crank are in with roller t set, pistons with bearings and rings and its starting to look like a REAL motor 😀 😆

Attachments:

tomatohead
                                                Participant

with the rods and pistons in next the rod bolts were thightened right to where they needed to be 😀

Attachments:

tomatohead
                                                    Participant

….. next a little clean up on the new heads in the bowls and exh ports 😀

Attachments:

tomatohead
                                                        Participant

…. Heads were cleaned and then assy. with all new parts 😀 , then on the short block they go ❗ , then it was time for the new “MOROSO” oil pan , just one of are “DOVER” sponsors 😀

Attachments:

don-kauer

Hey…The Fordbury Blue boy is back 🙂 ….How you doin’ Joe…

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 444 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.