HorsePower is Where You Find IT !

Forums Forums CURRENT MEMBERS RIDES / RACING HorsePower is Where You Find IT !

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 444 total)
  • Author
    mikey

Just thought I’d let you know that I took my car to the 1/8th mile by my house last night. I borrowed a carb modified for E-85, bought some fuel, $2.66 per gallon, and off I went. The car runs EXCELLENT on that stuff. I foot braked the car, and made three runs. I did not really push the car, but I’m very happy. 1st run, 6.64 at 98.6mph, 60ft was 1.472. 2nd run, 6.580 at 100.92mph, 60ft was 1.401. 3rd run, thought I was going to wreck the car! Not sure if it was “dew”, tires, air pressure, or what. 7.09 at 79.63mph, 60ft was off, 1.583, I could feel the car spinning. It got loose at the top of 2nd gear, and once I got to 3rd, I started to get behind on the steering a little, so I backed off it pretty good until I gathered it up. All in all, a good outing. I’m going to check the rear suspension, maybe soften it up just a little, and I definitely need to look at the slicks. They may have lost their “Mojo”. ………………..Mikey 😆 😆

super-sport-pete

atta boy mikey.hang on,6.58 is low 10’s in 1/4.now that the elec. gremlins have moved on,you will become a chassis tuner.you can’t fix a wet track! nines are just around the corner,plus you have that sea level air.good luck.

tomatohead
            Participant

…………. MIKEY 😀 brother ❗ dont you just love when a plan comes together 😆 …. troubles are OVER ❗ like SSpete said time to tune the chassis ❗ ….sounds like you had ALL the POWER U needed ❗ ….thats GREAT that the electric problem is a thing of the past 😀 ………..remember always “LIFT” during testing and never “LIFT” during a race 😮 😀 …….. ,,,,,,, ……………………

mikey

The only thing that upset me, other than “dirt tracking it” was that the trans brake didn’t work. I staged the car for the 2nd run, pushed the trans brake button, and the car rolled thru the lights. I backed up, re-staged and used the foot brake. When I was heading to the time slip booth, I stopped and tried the brake, and the SOB worked. Must be a break in a wire, or maybe a bad switch. I’ll find it. But, all in all, a good night. I’m very happy. …………Mikey 😆

tomatohead
                    Participant

……. I was lookin’ at one of these type set ups for my new motor 😀 what U guys think ❗ just a little too much ❓ 😆 ,,,,it should make a little more power 😀

Attachments:

patina
                        Participant

Mater its 3:49 AM you need some sleep 🙄 🙄 🙄

Pat

super-sport-pete

mikey,i helped a friend with similar problem,”part time trans brake”.to narrow it down,we put an amber lite on the dash, spliced at the solenoid to see if it was the sw.,etc.you will notice this .we used a big fender clearance lite.we thought it was the steering wheel “phone cord” turned out to be an over crushed crimp with strands broken.

tomatohead
                                Participant

……. WELL F@%k the snow for now 😀 heres a couple of pictures I purchased of me enjoying the 2nd annual Dover race 😀 man what a good time I had ❗ 😀 ….areal good time ❗ ……….. I dont have to tell you that I cant wait till the 3nd annual race , ….at the Valley ……………… 😀

Attachments:

tomblake
                                    Participant

Nice pictures. Think we all had a great time. Like the pretty blue Mustang in the background of your second picture. See you at the 3rd.

dino
                                        Keymaster

never noticed your fuzzy dice! now you need blue-dots 😆

tomatohead
                                            Participant

,,,,,,yea its funny 😀 never noticed Tom Blakes car till he said something 😕 ,,,anyway yea bought the “GREEN DICE” at the last reunion at “MARCUS” while everybody was sayin’ hi to the “Fonnzzie” 😀 …there green to matches my eyes 😉

tomatohead
                                                Participant

…..Man what a nice day started up everything in and outside the garage today 😀 ❗ …had a “HEAT WAVE” ❗ 😆 …. was in the 40’s and sunny ❗ real nice ❗ moved “RAM JETS” car to the other side of the garage ,since I am done working on that 😀 , …or at least till he deceides he wants MORE power ❗ 😀 anyway found the car and moved it over to the workin’ bay to start 2011 HP improvements ……… it will be AUG before you know it ❗ …..

Attachments:

patina
                                                    Participant

You better get it ready a lot sooner than that 😮 The track will be open for open track rental in April 😎 😎

Pat

tomatohead
                                                        Participant

…”Pat” ❗ 😀 I will ck will you and your bro Mike and we will meet there in late april early may and run test and tune on a saturday , Iam sure not renting the track 😮 ❗ 😀 ,ill be lucky to have some money just to go ❗ …..I need to rejet my carb for this track (LV) and set the traction bars up and ck my fuel pressure and should be all set after that 😀 😀

tomatohead
                                                            Participant

….OK this is sort of a curve ball 😕 ….asked my mother to look thought the old family pictures she has and fined some of my Black 63 Falcon that I raced at DOVER and some of my uncles red 66 GT Fairlane that he raced at DOVER ………………….and she sends me one of my brother, Steven , whos passed away , with me at a friends house in Mahopac NY (those are my legs on the pass side under the car in front of my brother 😀 )while I was replacing a starter in the 390 fastback I had,… and a picture of me with the Cobra Jet ,(this car had 27000 miles in this picture when I got it )I had and she said she was still lookin’ for some pictures of my uncles 66 Fairlane ………………………………….. ………………………………………………………………… hope she fines them 😀 …

Attachments:

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 444 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.