Kevins New (OLD) Mustang Gasser

Forums Forums CURRENT MEMBERS RIDES / RACING Kevins New (OLD) Mustang Gasser

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 113 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Hey…here’s what he was taking about in the “Lebanon Opens” topic.VERY COOL find…And it RUNS! not so good on old slicks…see his other youtube videos of it Running last week at the Valley.:

Running on 3rd full pass:
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqUgRFtwtpI

Attachments:

dino
        Keymaster

whats with the blue tape?

Attachments:

smokncobrajet
                quote dinotheweirdo:

whats with the blue tape?

Took the fender off to put some badges on.Didn’t want to chip the 28 year old paint job 😉

bobby-s

Kevin
                    noticed it last week if it is the one, sweet, 😉
                    OK to stop in & say HI !
                    Bobby

hvy70ss
                    Participant

Kevin,
                        Just checked out the video…REAL nice and in great shape. A true early gasser, straight axle and and all!! Clean barn finds are rare these days. Good luck with it. Testing any time again soon? I’d like to check it out.

Bobby Smith

smokncobrajet

Bob and Bobby.I don’t think Kev’s on this site much,so to answer you both.. Smitty,we’ll be at the Valley this weekend,and don’t know which car we’re bringing yet.We had ours dyno’d today,and it should move along pretty good.We need to get a bigger fuel pump and change the auto shifter,both coming this week.Kevin is also waiting on a fuel pump now because Rudy noticed a little leak on his,so out it goes.You bringing the Chevy up? We have the RV set up directly to the right of the staging lanes,should be easy to spot it with one or the other of the cars there.
                            J~~~

babycakes
                            Participant

I can’t believe the ‘shape’ the Mustang’s in for a ‘barn-find! Hardly any wear or tear! He is one lucky guy with only a ‘few’ minor things to repair,or update. NICE,and good luck!

smokncobrajet

Maybe I can ask Kevin to get on here and give the story on the car.It seems there’s a lot of guys still around who remember the car and have contacted him.So,he knows some history,maybe not complete,but…..When you think about it,it is pretty darn good that the car is still around,and had obviously not been stripped down or subjected to living a life outside.The barn,judging from the ton of pictures I was sent,was a dry one.
                                    J~~~

dino
                                    Keymaster

bunch of stuff here at Kevins FaceBook Page:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1004023511&sk=wall

revinkevn

Hey guys, please don’t divulge information about where I live or where you see the car parked. I DO NOT want it stolen…………..thanks.

revinkevn

revinkevn
                                                    quote BOBBY S.:

Kevin
                                                    noticed it last week if it is the one, sweet, 😉
                                                    OK to stop in & say HI !
                                                    Bobby

call me if u want to see it Bobby

revinkevn

….First place in pro with the AFX
                                                        http://www.dragway.com/pro%204-22-12.pdf

tomatohead
                                                        Participant

………… ya know “DRAKES” 😀 the “REAL” FORD MAN ❗ from Dover , and for what its worth I am also a REAL FORD ❗ man ,just didnt race at Dover as much as “DRAKE” 😀 did ,and I wish I did ,but “I” actully worked on this car when the “other” owner had it back in the mid 1980s ❗ 😮 and I had told “REVINKEVIN” about it and that I had worked on it , We had taken it to “CONN DRAGWAY” 😮 ❗ . so you know it was a long time ago ❗ i think 1984 maybe ❓ ❓ ❓ … it was painted a little different too …… so I am glad he found it 😀 ❗ …………. becuase I forgot all about it ❗ ……….. I think that “CASEY” would have LOVED the wheelwells 😀 ❗ and said “NOW THATS A GASSER” ❗ …………………………………………..

revinkevn

Heres a few from 60’s- 70’s

Attachments:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 113 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.