Kevins New (OLD) Mustang Gasser

Forums Forums CURRENT MEMBERS RIDES / RACING Kevins New (OLD) Mustang Gasser

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 113 total)
  • Author
    revinkevn
        quote revinkevn:

Heres a few from 60’s- 70’s

this is with the boss 351 powerplant and dana 60

vindicator
        Participant

😀 😀 😀 Hey Guys…that Mustang looks a lot like “Skip” Bachaus’ old car…should be lots of “fun”…real neat A/FX style…for sure…Tomato…here’s some “ideas” for your…T-Bolt…get some (a bunch) weight off that rascal 😆 😆 😆 …lexan windows…Charles Crites in Ohio…makes glass bumpers…nose…deck…and I think even doors now…then lets get some real “hoss-power”…like…stroker kit for ez 528-555” motor…(if 429-460)…or same “thought” for 351 series…stroker ez 427″…or if FE series…4.250 stroker…makes 490″…decent/good heads…coupled with good crash-box 1-3/8″ big input TC 4 speed…w/Nash 2.78 1st gear set…(all “real” race cars… must have 3 pedals ‘eh 😆 😆 😆 )…and U…be…rockin’…’course… gettin your Ford “smerve” on!!!…as I SAID AT THE OUTSET…these are “ideas”…and ideas… they cost m-o-n-e-y 😆 😆 😆 U can nickel/dime your way along…but…a big…but…you’re gonna’ spend it anyway…before it’s all said and done ‘eh… 😆 😆 😆 obviously you are very dedicated…maybe this year…2012..is your “year”… some good business…good produce crop… Tug McGraw (ol’ NY Mets reliever) sez/said…”ya’ gotta’ believe” hoss…:lol: 😆 :lol:…no matter what…wish you all the best…in all ways possible…Kevin…may (or may not) have missed his true “calling”…in life…those for sale race car ads… in a word…great…car manufacturers…dealers…should pony-up ($) for Kevin’s A-1 “marketing” tune-up… 😀 😀 😀 Drake…Tomato…thanx for Dover “review”…I am eternally grateful…to have/had the very good life fortune…to make more than a few “laps”…at least in more than a “few” Ford powered cars…for at least more than a “few” years…gas…alcohol…nitro… carbs…injected…supercharged…:lol: 😆 😆

revinkevn
                quote vindicator:

😀 😀 😀 Hey Guys…that Mustang looks a lot like “Skip” Bachaus’ old car…should be lots of “fun”…real neat A/FX style…for sure…Tomato…here’s some “ideas” for your…T-Bolt…get some (a bunch) weight off that rascal 😆 😆 😆 …lexan windows…Charles Crites in Ohio…makes glass bumpers…nose…deck…and I think even doors now…then lets get some real “hoss-power”…like…stroker kit for ez 528-555” motor…(if 429-460)…or same “thought” for 351 series…stroker ez 427″…or if FE series…4.250 stroker…makes 490″…decent/good heads…coupled with good crash-box 1-3/8″ big input TC 4 speed…w/Nash 2.78 1st gear set…(all “real” race cars… must have 3 pedals ‘eh 😆 😆 😆 )…and U…be…rockin’…’course… gettin your Ford “smerve” on!!!…as I SAID AT THE OUTSET…these are “ideas”…and ideas… they cost m-o-n-e-y 😆 😆 😆 U can nickel/dime your way along…but…a big…but…you’re gonna’ spend it anyway…before it’s all said and done ‘eh… 😆 😆 😆 obviously you are very dedicated…maybe this year…2012..is your “year”… some good business…good produce crop… Tug McGraw (ol’ NY Mets reliever) sez/said…”ya’ gotta’ believe” hoss…:lol: 😆 :lol:…no matter what…wish you all the best…in all ways possible…Kevin…may (or may not) have missed his true “calling”…in life…those for sale race car ads… in a word…great…car manufacturers…dealers…should pony-up ($) for Kevin’s A-1 “marketing” tune-up… 😀 😀 😀 Drake…Tomato…thanx for Dover “review”…I am eternally grateful…to have/had the very good life fortune…to make more than a few “laps”…at least in more than a “few” Ford powered cars…for at least more than a “few” years…gas…alcohol…nitro… carbs…injected…supercharged…:lol: 😆 😆

yup, skip owned it for a short while, he and I have been in contact

tomatohead
                Participant

…….. YES thats how the car looked when ran it at “CONN” in the top photo , … SKIP will tell you that the day he ran at “CONN DRAGWAY ” that he had a problem with the firing order 😮 ….. and Peter Bussatti and I figured out that the distributor was runin 15426378 when it was supost to be 13726548 ………….its a FORD thing ❗ 😕 😀 ………………. I think the car ran about as fast as it is runnin right now , …. but wont be long before it goes into the tens 😀 ………… and YES “DRAKE” I heard you ❗ 😀 see my post at “HORSE POWER” is where you find it ❗ 😀 ……………….tomato 😀

Attachments:

dino
                    Keymaster

Love that Shot of the Snack Stand At New York National…I can Smell it like it was yesterday! You’de pull into that track at sundown and was like you just arrived in Southern California. Always an experiance.

tomatohead
                        Participant

………. OK Looks like Kevins New (old) mustang will be getting some extra “tomato sauce” 😀 on the side to “freshin'” it up 😀 , some nice new rings and bearings and some overall adjustments should start the new year off nicely 😀 …………… tomato 😀

Attachments:

tomatohead
                            Participant

…… OK ❗ the sun was out shining and the temp was up nice and warm too ❗ 😀 so we are starting to check the way the motor and trans and driveshaft and rear end , pinion angle are or arent at , in this car 💡 so any of you chassis guys want to chime it about what the angle should or should not be OR whats your angle for go power , less vabration and traction feel free to let me know what you think 💡 first of all I have heard that 0 degrees is the best for universail joints , and nose down on the pinoin angle of the rear end yoke , but this car before it was taken apart had two different angles at the front and rear of the driveshaft ,they where BOTH nose down ❓ ………… so now while its aprt getting a new short block assy. I thought this would be a good time to get everything in line and at the right level , so again any “Old Dover Advice ” would be lovly and a BIG help 😀 ….. so as you can see from the degree finder on the motor sitting in the car the motor is sitting way pass 0-3 degrees 🙄 , its more like almost 5 degrees , again I have checked around to a couple of places and they said 0 – 3 degrees on the motor and trans assy and set up the rear yoke the same degree 0 – 3 degrees oppsite so that where running they meet at 0 making it or the straightest possible line , for the less amount in vabration and horsepower loss ……………………… hey ” MIKEY ” whats the angle of the willys motor and trans ❓ ❓ …… and “TOM BLAKE” guessing from the looks of the pro stock style chassis on the 55 I would guess guess the 55 to be almost level motor to rear ❓ ❓ let me know guys while I am checking this out ………. tomato ❗

Attachments:

tomblake
                                Participant

Joe…..the 55 is a ladder bar car and still playing with the suspension on it. The Mustang is a four link chassis and the pinion angle is set at 2 degees nose down on the center section to driveshaft.
                                    Looks like you have a lot of work ahead, good luck with your project.

babycakes
                                    Participant

I second the motion with either 2 or 3 degrees as Tom mentioned with his Mustang.A safe starting point.

mikey

Right in between 3 and 4. But, it might change if I can’t get a good launch and have to move the 4 link brackets. I don’t have any more holes at the bottom of the brackets, and I may need to lower the bottom bars. Hopefully, everything will be just “peachy”. The car seems close, but I didn’t have full throttle, and I was launching off the foot brake. I’m going to think positive, because I don’t want to do major surgery. I do wish that I could get it under 3 degrees though. ………..Mikey 😮 😯 😆

tomatohead
                                            Participant

………. OK ❗ guys thanks for the help and we have narrowed it down to a good starting point on the car now 😀 We will first level the motor to “O” degrees in the chassis with a spacer on the trans mount and nose the pinoin to 2 degrees down , again for a “start” . We are thinking of raising the front end about 1 1/2″ with 2″ shackles to transfer some weight to the rear and move the ladder bars up one hole .next thing is to run a straight line from the front of the center of the motor at the balancer to the center of the Dana 60 rear and move the trans mount around so the driveshaft runs straight and not off to the sides by any number of degrees , or inches center of the frame rails is 14″, 28″ total inside frame rail to rail . that about covers the labor part of it and the testing and fine tuning will be at the track , this should put them back at “Home”, in the WINNERS circle ❗ ………………………………………. tomato 😀

Attachments:

mikey

Mater, it sounds like you are going in the right direction, and taking the right steps to get there. Good job so far. The biggest problem you might encounter will be the drive-shaft centering. Sometimes it will drive you nuts. Good luck, and take your time. ………..Mikey 😆

tomatohead
                                                    Participant

…………. just testing for fit , 😀 this HI-RISER intake should help the “MEDICINE” go down ❗ 😀 ……….. 4500-8500 ……….. 😀

Attachments:

tomatohead
                                                        Participant

………. this is also a test fit 😀 , … ya never know what will deliver till ya try it ……..

Attachments:

bossguy

Hey Mater, is that a shoehorn laying on the cowl in the last pic? That is a tight fit! LOL

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 113 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.