Kevins New (OLD) Mustang Gasser

Forums Forums CURRENT MEMBERS RIDES / RACING Kevins New (OLD) Mustang Gasser

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 113 total)
  • Author
    babycakes
    Participant

Mikey,I thought perhaps you gave him a ride down the 1/4 in ‘Pappa’s Toy’, and this is how he looked, after he got out of your Willys !!! 😮 😮 😮 🙄 🙄 🙄 😆

tomatohead
        Participant

……….. I luv u guys ❗ 😀

tomatohead
            Participant

…..OK here are some pictures of the motor in the car before we set the valves and ran it to break-in the cam and lifters 😀

Attachments:

tomatohead
                Participant

….. out in the driveway to install the headers and driveshaft etc. 😀

Attachments:

tomatohead
                    Participant

……gets dark out quick ❗ when your havin fun ❗ 😀

Attachments:

tomatohead
                        Participant

……heres a video of us runnig it and checking for leaks ❗ 😆 after checking it we needed a little more trans ATF 🙄 ………….. http://youtu.be/OOkV7WpYNaQ hope the video works 😀

tomatohead
                            Participant

………. OK this video is Kevin running at E-TOWN last wedesday nite and he was able to run 10.93 and backed it up with and 11.04 , so hes off and runnin’ ❗ 😀 …………………….. http://youtu.be/lHRanexuswg 😀

mikey

Good job, guys. Glad to see it all come together. Is this motor as happy as the old one, or happier?? ……….Mikey 😕 🙄 😆

babycakes
                                    Participant

I want to 2nd that motion Mikey said. I know we ‘busted’ you a bit ‘Mater’, however, we certainly appreciate all the ‘step by step’ proceedures,and photos you put on the forum for us to review,during the assembly. I used to look forward to both Tom’s 55 build,and of course,Mikey’s Willys, almost on a daily basis. To make a comparison,it’s like women who get hooked on those daily soap operas on t.v. ,that can’t wait to see what happens in tomorrow’s episode! Best of luck to you guys from this point on,and hey, enjoy the ‘fruits of your labor’!!!! P.S. The video was terrific, even V Bob would agree! Thanks a lot guys!!!! 😉 😀 Pete.

tomatohead
                                        Participant

……… HEY ❗ 😀 … GUYS its ME ❗ 😀 I LUV you guys ALL and am SO GLAD to have met you ALL though the whole DOVER THING ❗ 😀 … GOOD TIMES ARE FOREVER ❗ ❗ and the BAD times fade away …………………………………………. ❗ I luv doing the project engine build ❗ …. so enjoy and we will have another “project” underway ❗ 😀 got another FOUR motor builds under way ❗ 😀 😮 ……………………………. what are you working on 😀 ❗ ❓ ❓ ❓ ❓

Attachments:

babycakes
                                            Participant

Hey ‘Mater’ Joe, don’t forget about tending to your (Green Giant) garden too! Ho Ho Ho! 😆 😆 😆 . Pete.

tomatohead
                                                Participant

……… OK this is my GASSER update ❗ , “REVIN KEVIN” can really live up to his name ❗ 😀 , I was dissapointed to hear that there was something wrong with the gasser motor and couldnt wait to get it here and see what had happened 😮 , the motor was still able to run when it was takin apart ,the pictures will tell you what went wrong 😯 ❗ I will let you guys know whats next , cu in wise and maybe some stronger parts ………………….. so they dont bend …………… can you say 7000 and beyond ………. 😯

Attachments:

vindicator
                                                    Participant

😀 😀 😀 Hey Tomato/Kevin…probably not what you “cats” are thinkin’…but Nick Remy who heads Roush’s ARCA engine program has a “new” X-NASCAR truck engine which he has stroked to 445″…for us to use in 2014…they have offered me the current Roush x-truck,stock stroke (357″),( currently in my son’s car) NASCAR de-tuned motor (which they sell for $16,995 freshened)…it makes ez 728 hp @ 8200 now…as with any nascar piece…awesome components, nascar block,Bryant billet crankshaft,Lentz rods,JE pistons,Yates “C” canted valve heads,Jesel shafts/drive,these things run 500 miles at a time @ 95-9700 rpm…you really can’t hurt it…ever…runs ez 8.80’s/151 @ Z-Max or Rockingham in 2635 lb. fox body Mustang…motor complete from Quik fuel carb to pan…Kooks stainless steel 2-1/8″ headers,have ATI C-4,low 2.71 lst gear,wide Kevlar band,billet servo,pro brake,deep pan,hardened input,7,200 stall trans brake (4,800 foot brake) 7″ Greg Slack convertor,shifter,SFI flex plate,shield,trans-shield, trans/convertor fresh 0 runs…we’re going with clutchless Liberty 5-speed for 2014… our goal to run 7’s on horsepower-no nitrous…a to be continued Roush “experiment”…(the last two years with first nascar motor-promising!) with some of our wallet involved too…:lol: 😆 😆 …anyway…price is 10k for package…1/2 of what they will advertise for…not 9,999.99 ‘eh 😆 😆 :lol:…just a thought if you guys…do indeed want to step up…a lil’ “serious”…and have a few $$$ to part with…no matter what…wish you well… in all ways…did see the old Mustang advertised to sell …maybe too…that’s best “route”… whatever “works” for you…is all good ‘eh…:D 😀 😀 Drake

tomatohead
                                                        Participant

…… “DRAKESTER” sorry missed the post 😕 ❗ just been busy jumpin around ❗ THANKS for the up date ,and it would be NICE a ROUSH HORSE for power , ………. but yes it looks like the “RED HORSE” might have found a new home ….. 🙁 ……. REVIN pretty much the $$$ I just turn the wrenches , and COOL for you and your guys , show them down there , that you came from “DOVER” 😀 …………. I LOVE THIS PICTURE of this car when you had IT ❗

Attachments:

vindicator
                                                            Participant

😀 😀 😀 Hey Tomato…we never…repeat never would have ever sold this car…if not for “Wild” Willie Hormorete’s illness/death…he wuz/always will be in my heart the carb/gas car guy…MY VERY REAL GENUINE LIFE-LONG FRIEND…we (family) had lots of good cars (did tell ya’…I…am a lucky/grateful “cat”!!!)…the pictured T-Bolt SS, Falcon FX,Pinto FC…for very personal “reasons” all have special meaning ‘eh 😆 😆 😆 wish you & your team (financier $$$ 😆 😆 :lol:) all the best…at present we just do this drag racing deal for our own enjoyment/accomplishment…could get “serious” again though…at some point…soon…if we choose to…wish you all the very best…going forward… continued health,happiness,prosperity…maybe be seein’ ya’ around the “campus”…in 2014…one never know…where the wild goose…go…”hoss” 😀 😀 😀 Drake p.s. Dover days…ALL it’s crew,family, people/participants…always…simply…in one word…D-BEST…memories…are…indeed…made…of this!!! 😀 😀 :D…p.s.s….somewhat un-related…but actually “related”…let me say right here…right now…I’m old…just a wee bit “grumpy” too 😆 😆 😆 …but…the so called Dover Hall of Fame…for sure realize it’s at least a bit self-serving (pals)/political ‘eh…why has Willie Hormorete never been recognized???!!!***this “chap” won a ton of races himself…helped countless others over many years do the same…just wasn’t ever a “kiss-up” kind of cat…while at the moment can think of another “racer” (current “Dover HOF electee”) (who shall remain un-named) ’cause he too…was a for sure a real good guy…who worked part-time for Carmel Ford for 10 years or so at least…rarely won much…except for a lot of ONE CAR TROPHY DEAL (S)…is now “spoke” of…in Babe Ruth/Lou Gehrig “style” accomplishments (?) 😆 😆 😆 it’s always been my understanding a “Hall Of Fame” is for very,very exceptional accomplishments…not just ’cause he/she participated in the sport for lots of years…Willie long ago deserved due recognition…no matter…one of these days… maybe sooner than later ( just after maybe my up-coming last Roush “tour”)…I just may incept/create a real (as…I & others “see” it!)…Dover Hall of Fame ( a not for profit-non/commercial entity…don’t need no mo’ money!!! 😆 😆 😆 ) induct the rest (overlooked) or restart from the beginning… real deserving awesome racers…then we’ll have three “factions” to review…Grover & Dino’s…and the “Real Deal” hoss…$$$,relationships with pro quality pr people, pros throughout the motorsports world in general all in place…U get the idea…just the thought for so long Willie never held in his due regard…gets me “going”…maybe I should take some “meds” and stay cool,calm,collected ‘eh 😆 😆 😆 …but hey…U started it with photo of T-Bolt…it all came back to me…like Niagara Falls with Bud Abbott & Lou Costello…or singer Celine Dion…you choose!!! 😆 😆 😆

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 113 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.