Kevins New (OLD) Mustang Gasser

Forums Forums CURRENT MEMBERS RIDES / RACING Kevins New (OLD) Mustang Gasser

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 113 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Kevin Forgot his DDS Password…He does put current stuff on his facebook…We’ll get him back here soon.

tomatohead
        Participant

…….OK , “RUDY” picked up the block from “J&B Performance” after “ERIC” +30ed the bores so I can mock it up with the pistons to ck and deck the block ,then back for the final hone and then we will install the oil resistor kit and the cam bearings ,and then degree the cam 😀 , Boy the SUN was shining real NICE ❗ 😀 so I opened up the doors ❗

Attachments:

tomatohead
            Participant

……OK heres the blocks for the 357 Cleveland and the block for the 347 Windsor , ❗ 😀 NICE and clean and bored out from “J&B Perfomance ❗ 😀 , we saw” Bob” there Dynoing a BIG PRO stock motor ,while talking to “Eric” about our stuff 😀 ………….. “DON” I mentioned your name while I was there , 😀 and told “BOB” I had met you and he said that was nice 😀 , I love stopping in at “J&B ” just when there doing a DYNO pull ❗ 😯 😀

Attachments:

dino
                Keymaster
                    quote dinotheweirdo:

Kevin Forgot his DDS Password…He does put current stuff on his facebook…We’ll get him back here soon.

T-HEAD…Explain the I Forgot My Password procedure to ol kevin…He’s been running the valley for a couple of weeks and needs to report in !

tomatohead
                    Participant

….YES 😀 DINO I will remind him as he has been busy running “RUDYS” car into to high tens 😀 ………….. Alrighty now heres some of the Cleveland block back from “J&B” with the final honing and decking before I clean the block and do the oil resistors and cam bearings 😀

Attachments:

tomatohead
                        Participant

…… deburred the block in the main saddles 😀 , is just one place that needed it ❗ 😀

Attachments:

tomatohead
                            Participant

….. more deburring and tapping the oil passages for resisitorplugs 😀

Attachments:

tomatohead
                                Participant

…….. you need ALL the oil you can get to the mains and rods and this is one of the things done to help keep this motor lubed to 7000 rpm ❗ 😀

Attachments:

tomatohead
                                    Participant

…… Nice new cam bearings also ,there wiped clean and chamfered and installed, new cam is cleaned next and slipped in to check everything out 😀

Attachments:

tomatohead
                                        Participant

…… the block was hand washed with soap and water and blown dry with air before all this was done AND after the oil passages were tapped and before the cam bearings went in also , next the cam was cleaned and slipped in ❗ 😀

Attachments:

tomatohead
                                            Participant

….. Oh ❗ yea just wanted to mention 😉 , DONT put your piston rings in like this ❗ 😡 ITS WRONG ❗ the oil ring gaps are suppost to be oppsite of one another not lined up like in this photo which when taking off the old piston rings found this on more then two pistons ❗ ………. how did that Deer Meat Steak get there 😆 😀

Attachments:

tomatohead
                                                Participant

…. back to the block after we cleaned it with soap and water and blown it dry with air ,Revin painted it Ford blue …….then all mating surfaces and cyls were wiped clean with lacquer thinner and blown dry with air …

Attachments:

john-sachs-sr
                                                    Participant
                                                        quote Tomatohead:

….. Oh ❗ yea just wanted to mention 😉 , DONT put your piston rings in like this ❗ 😡 ITS WRONG ❗ the oil ring gaps are suppost to over be oppsite of one another not lined up like in this photo which when taking off the old piston rings found this on more then two pistons ❗ ………. how did that Deer Meat Steak get there 😆 😀

Not saying they weren’t installed that way, butttttt the crosshatch on the cylinder makes the rings rotate on the piston. 😯
                                                        You might find this (rings lined up) more often than not. 😮
                                                        John

don-kauer

WOW………….. 😕 Deer meat and Fords.. 🙄 …Kinda’ makes me want to puke ❗ ❗ 😆 So sorry Drake and Jack but I could not resist…………. 😎

tomatohead
                                                            Participant

….. “DON” so you dont like deer meat ❗ 😀 ❓ , cuase I know you “love” Fords ❗ 😆 …….. John S , ………. I am sure you have pulled plenty of motors apart , ….. and I think I have almost NEVER , seen this when taking apart a stock motor from the factory , this motor was assy very recently by a hi performance shop , for what its worth , anyway Iam sure you stagger ALL your piston ring gaps .

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 113 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.