Kevins New (OLD) Mustang Gasser

Forums Forums CURRENT MEMBERS RIDES / RACING Kevins New (OLD) Mustang Gasser

Viewing 8 posts - 106 through 113 (of 113 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Drakester…Willie MY Guy ! …Worked with him at Automobile Shop…Lettered all his cars And was entertained always with his strange sense of Humor. Good Idea to do a”topic” and pics of his cars…. but…almost finished with all the computer replacements updates ,etc. ( long story) …as I’m actually typing THIS at the Rockingham Library while my New Shop computer isn’t even plugged in yet and the new Home computer is being connected today.

vindicator
        Participant

😀 😀 😀 Hey Dino…yikes hoss…glad to hear/know…U…be ok…!!! the computer will all work itself out…wuz about ready to take ride over to Rockingham to make sure U be ok…my old (like me) buddy Howard Brewer of Bennett,NC…racing with one of our boys cars today at the “Rock”…with Kenny Holcomb’s “Civil Wars” race…HB is a very strong racer/driver (Ford stuff of course!!! 😆 😆 😆 )…from way back in the day…won’t be surprised at all if he wins a category or two 😀 😀 😀 …Willie like more than a few others in the “world” of motorsports…a lil’ right or left of center…in the personality department 😆 😆 😆 …but…if he knew U…liked U…ain’t ever a better friend…on the planet…oh well…stated “my” position…kinda’ ’nuff said for now…I most probably like so many other americans of our era…have been pretty apathetic…(like with what has transpired within our government structure 😆 😆 😆 ) over last 50 years…’cause…it always been…all about me…chasing $$$…nothing else…truly mattered…’eh…( “old song”… regrets…I have a few…but then again…too few to mention 😆 😆 😆 ) well don’t know how much time I have left on planet…but…I am going about “it” a lil’ differently ’till the finish line stripe 😆 😆 😆 …the Dover Dragstrip people…all of ’em left…deserve any/all…pal/politics be placed on the proverbial back burner…guys who may not have your or my personality (it’s what we do/have done all our life 😆 😆 😆 ) simply should receive due “justice”…don’t really have time currently to pursue this very well at present…but maybe after planned final 2014 tour (if I make it that long 😆 😆 😆 )…plan on “Champion-ing”/Honoring as many of these un-recognized cats…as best/thoroughly as I can…stay “tuned”…stay well…as they say in show “biz”…have your machine call my machine…we’ll get together real soon… always…love ya’ hoss…ya’ heah 😆 😆 😆 Drake

smokey-dragct
            Participant

in reference to comments about the dover drag strip hall of fame awards
                the awards were started in 1994 by grover and smokey at there dover drag strip reunions .
                the inductees were racers that raced at dover and participated at the annual dover drag strip reunions.throughout the years we have always asked people to come up and introduce themselves as we dont know everyone. perhaps there were a lot of former racers that attended the reunions but failed to introduce themselves. we are not god like some people think they are and know everything. we hope this explains how we inducted racers into the hall of fame. AGAIN if you do not introduce yourself then we cannot put you in the hall of fame. the hall of fame board is on display at big als toy box who now hosts the annual reunions.
                grover and smokey

vindicator
                Participant

😀 😀 😀 Hey “Smokey”…there certainly is no “point” in debating how you have ascertained who meets whatever your criteria is for your “Hall of Fame” membership…if coming/attending/”introducing” one-self @ your reunion was/is the pre-requisite…it’s understood and accepted (as you see it)…the reunion is yours,it’s your playbook!…for sure it’s been a wonderful continuation of Dover Drag Strip…all “kudos” to you for keeping this alive for so many years…I however have a bit different “pulse” for “Hall of Fame” worthiness…it isn’t about attending anybodys’ annual or otherwise “event” (well after facility closed) ‘eh…it’s all about…the actual history,performance achievement/success, or contribution to Dover Drag Strip between it’s operational years 1961-1976…simply stated…the guys/gals…in the “trenches” ’61-’76…for those of us who truly have deep heartfelt feelings and genuine memory…of the bulk of people week to week/year to year…we hardly need a introduction to proceed…I don’t have a “vision” of this as a “commercial product”…i.e. reunion or annual drag race weekend…no question they both are absolutely awesome…have/are serving a very real purpose…your efforts…Dino’s hopefully are well rewarded…and most certainly well recognized/regarded…we…Dino can provide actual average age #’s…of this site’s membership…ain’t nobody gettin’ any younger 😆 😆 😆 the mindset here is simple…all that are deserving…should be given all due accolades…ASAP…for many far too late…with a format of as you suggest… now waiting for next reunion…to have folks “introduce” themselves for consideration…doesn’t seem to be plausible…to many brothers/sisters who should have had such consideration long ago…are not on the planet any longer…me…talking up a dear life-long friend (s)…or others now or previously just is not a “just” way to accomplish this…I rest my case…no intention to be “Smokey the Bear” (good play on words ‘eh 😆 😆 😆 ) and start a forest fire…for 25-30 years…whatever it’s been…far too much left on the table…too many “cats”…although real good guys/gals…not receiving their well deserved & over-due recognition…and a few (at least) cats in the house…through a flawed process (see your “introduction” note in previous post)…as stated in earlier post…have way to much going on/responsibility currently…hopefully only for short term future…but…here & now…I am going to address this…as long as health stays in place…and get it right…this isn’t “personal” in my communication with you…however it’s very personal…with regard to my genuine heartfelt feelings for those that have been somewhat forgotten/overlooked…I’m here to tell ya’…it’s gone on long enough…repeat…it will never be a commercial ($) venture on my part…just peace of mind…that the efforts of a pretty fair number of our fellow comtemporaries…were not in vain…wish you well in all future endeavors…as well as health,happiness… 😀 😀 😀 Sincerely,Drake p.s. I’ve spoke my “piece” after agonizing over this for last 5-10 years…hoping someone else…would step up…take charge…have some testicular fortitude…to get it right…or is all/most… like myself…just wrapped up…in my own “wally world”…now a lil’ older…a bit more “grumpy”…just hadda’ air it out 😆 😆 :lol:…blame Tomato…he started it…posting the Thunderbolt photo 😆 😆 😆

dino
                    Keymaster

Ok…Back to Kevins Car….where is it now?

vindicator
                        Participant

😀 😀 😀 “00PS”… I removed my last post…my daddy taught me way better years ago…in the spirit of the late legend…Paul Brown (Cleveland Browns)…”say nothing when you lose”…LESS…”when you win”…it’s never been our “style” (in 55-plus years) to puff out the chest…’bout winning a race/event…ain’t gonna’ start…now…’eh 😆 😆 😆 just almost “lost “me” head”/composure… just too happy for pal Howard Brewer…just being a small part of it…with one of our cars…best…moment…just the photo in one’s “head” of finish line light…leave it at that! 😀 😀 😀 Drake

tomatohead
                            Participant

…………… Anyway now that we all got that off “our” chests 😀 , “DINO” the car is at “RUDYS” and is coming over here soon cuase I am done reassying it “DRAKE” with two new rods and one new cut crank all rebalanced with new bearings ,oil pump ,gaskets etc. so back in it goes and as far as I know right now its for sale , …… or sold 😕 I think only “REVIN” knows for sure , I just turn the wrenches 😀 , ……. I think ❓ we are building a newer year Mustang for next years racing season , with a Bigger small block ……………………….. tomato :mrgreen:

Attachments:

tomatohead
                                Participant

….. OK its in and runnin so ck the pictures out and the short video , so mite be the end of this post 😀 😥 ❗ were start a new one with the new “94 car ❗ ……………………… http://youtu.be/272sHrtGsJU

Attachments:

Viewing 8 posts - 106 through 113 (of 113 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.