M & M Speed & Custom checking in

Forums Forums SPEED SHOPS from Dover’s past M & M Speed & Custom checking in

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 175 total)
  • Author
    m-amp-m-speed-amp-custom

Bill:
        Thats right the Northeast Raider I remember that car now didn’t even think they were the same car! (Da). The car would run 11:80’s all day anywhere and no matter who drove.
        I wish Chick would have spoke to you about the shifting problems. We did everything you could think of with the clutch set up even as far as change brands every other week, never got inside the trany though. I was also trying to make my SS/K Camaro go fast at the same time it shifted just fine with or without the clutch!!
        I will have to tell Tony to get on the page he has more answers than I do. I do remember John Boss now that you said the name I think that is who he bought it from. Thanks Rich

m-amp-m-speed-amp-custom

I’m working on a list w/pics of cars sponsored by M&M, I have 18 cars so far by class, year, make/model, car name, engine cu in (OE) & owner/driver. Never realized there where so many, no wounder I never made any $$$$ 😆 . but had a GREAT time. 😮
            PS: If I miss anyone please let me know.

storm-king-2

Rich,
                Talked to Joe Beltempo this afternoon. He knew it had gone to some speed shop, when I told him M&M he agreed. He corrected me on Boss street racing it, he took it to Dover. First thing he asked “THOSE GUYS STILL HAVE IT”.
                Joe now has a 63 max wedge clone with a Jerry Stein motor, drives it on the street. I’m working on getting some photo’s from him. It’s push button, leaf spring, with 3200 rpm convertor. He won’t be able to make it to Island next week.
                Bill

m-amp-m-speed-amp-custom

Bill: Back in the day suspension was my thing, Do you think the link set up works that much better than the way we set them? Our ’64 car now is link set up and runs 9:50 but our cars worked back then with right spring & sunbber & torshion bar set, we didn’t have the HP or go that fast but they hit HARD! Sometimes had to run tires a little hard to get some spin. And if it is better just think how fast we would have gone 😮
                    PS: Tony was the one who ran for the 3rd member for you the time you broke vs MR ED, he was low man then 😆

dino
                    Keymaster

Does This Help…from the soon to be added Matt Spiedel Collection to ODF ..from SuperStock & Drag Illus. article (Funny-“Bill Sold Car”…Doc ALWAYS owned it)

Attachments:

m-amp-m-speed-amp-custom

Dino: Cool!! But don’t answer the Q?
                            Not the most Mechanically inclined here…I’m painter….Remember trying to change spark plugs once -broke all that hard white stuff and it wouldn’t start. something about gaps too.?-Dino
                            Ya but one of the best free hand painters I have seen in a long time!! I’d pay you for a hand job anytime. 😆 😆

storm-king-2

Rich,
                                I’ve never drove a car with 4 link. 4 links & ladder bars were popular with the Pro Stocks in 72. There weren’t many (besides us) that were still using leaf springs. I can’t think of any time I felt at a disadvantage because of them. Most of the time I could not hold them off on top end. I ran Roy Hill at Cecil County, He got by me about 1/2 way thru 4th gear. He had the Lenco, Crane roller cam, dual plug heads, all the good stuff. I was still running an basically a 1970 tune up, because we were running hand me downs. I could leave the line at 9,200 rpm with the leaf spring setup, no bars, just a pinion snubber. Jim Jeruse, Jeruse & Kilmartin, had Herb Mc Candless’s Demon. He told me he never saw another Pro Stocker leave as hard as mine. He said it was like someone dropped a big hammer, bam & it was gone.
                                Bill

m-amp-m-speed-amp-custom

Bill:
                                    Thank you I feel the same way about the old set up!! I had told Dennis (Dennis The Menace -NSS/A our ’64 car), that and they all think I’m crazy or full of S—t. Thanks for the confirm. Rich
                                    PS: I spoke to Tony (M&M) my cus. today and he is going to join ODF and answer any Q’s on the Raider that he knows.

m-amp-m-speed-amp-custom

Here is a list of sponsored cars and class from 1968-2009. Hope I did’nt forget anyone. If so let us know.

Class ….. YEAR MAKE/MODEL ……..NAME………… ENGINE ………………………..OWNER/DRIVER
                                        SS/AA – 1968 Dodge Dart…………..”MR ED”……….426cu in Hemi………………….Tony Chickery
                                        SS/CA – 1970 Plymouth Road Runner ……………….426cu in Hemi ………………….Jimmy LeRoux
                                        SS/DA – 1963 Plymouth Belevdere…………………..426cu in Wedge…………………Tony Serino
                                        SS/HA – 1967 Plymouth GTX…………………………440 Wedge……………………..Bruce E. Smith & Stu Burns
                                        SS/K — 1967 Chevrolet Camaro RS/SS Convt………350cu in…………………………Rich Marchese
                                        G/SA — 1963 Plymouth Belevdere…”Behemoth”…….383cu in………………………..Ronnie Morehead
                                        SS/LA – 1962 Chevrolet Corvette……………………327cu in………………………..John Gunn
                                        SS/PA – 1968 Chevrolet Chevelle SW………………..327cu in………………………..John Gunn
                                        SS/VA – 1955 Chevrolet SW……….”Easy Glider”……265 cu in……………………….Billy Liguori/Barry Weighall
                                        V/S —- 1973 Chevrolet Vega……….”Four BY Four”…4CYL……………………………Marty Timperio
                                        B/MP — 1967 Chevrolet Corvette…………………….427cu in………………………..Scott Kinnery (sp)
                                        D/MP — 1957 Chevrolet Corvette…………………….327cu in………………………..Dante Dattoli
                                        D/MP —1962 Chevrolet Corvette….”Quick Silver”…..302cu in………………………..Rich Marchese
                                        F/MP — 1969 Chevrolet Camaro……”Wild Thing”……287cu in……………………….John Satterfield
                                        C/MP — 1957 Chevrolet Nomad….”American Grafiti”..396cu in……………………….Steve Cianico
                                        Cars after Dover 1986-2009
                                        SS/G – 1948 Angla Inj Alcky……..”Helter Skelter”…..388cu in…………………………Tommy ????
                                        NSS/A -1964 Plymoth Belevdere..”Dennis the Menace”.572cu in…………………………Dennis Stable
                                        10:50 –1972 Ford Pinto………………………………388cu in…………………………Ron Stable

Well I think thats all of you, I’m sure I missed someone & any mistakes on the info I’m also sure y’all will let me know!! Thanks for remembering M&M………………. Rich & Tony
                                        Correction: Ligouri/Weighall SS/V not SS/TA, RM 12/03

storm-king-2

Wow, what did I do wrong? How did I get left out?
                                            Bill

m-amp-m-speed-amp-custom

Bill:
                                                Couldn’t afford you!! 😆 😆 Rich

m-amp-m-speed-amp-custom

Jimmy LeRoux’s SS/CA Road runner before it was branded M&M (Pic compliments of Bobby Smith Mt. Garage Guys).
                                                    I thought the car ran C but the lettering says D.
                                                    PS: More pictures of as many cars I can find comming soom, trying to do the whole list!! If anyone has pictures please post or E-Mail to mmspeedcustom@aol.com. Rich

Attachments:

m-amp-m-speed-amp-custom

After the forum settles down a little from the GREAT Saturday turnout we will start posting more M&M pictures. We are also (Tony & me) working on something special for all our Dover brothers & sisters! Hint: a way to show our appreciation for the turnout and remembering M&M after all these years. If you are building a street or race car and buying Speed & other auto parts this maybe for you. Look for it.
                                                        Rich
                                                        PS: We are all ready committed to next year hopefully we will have some cars.

m-amp-m-speed-amp-custom

Marty Timperio’s 1973 V/S Vega 4cly 140cu in. This was one of those cars that we all hated (like Ron Morehead’s, Volvo) to run because by the time you were let lose you either fouled, over heated or broke waiting for your light!! In 1975 and 1976 Marty won his class and went a few rounds at the Summer Nationals, Englishtown, NJ. We were always proud of him representing M&M (then & now).

Attachments:

sixfiend

C/MP — 1957 Chevrolet Nomad….”American Grafiti”..396cu in……………………….Steve Cianico

The 396 in Steve’s Nomad was the “original” big block engine out of my 1968 Camaro H/MP “SixFiend” that I raced back then with the 292 six and this past weekend with the C/SM small block V8.

And did you notice the logo on Marty’s Vega rear quarter panel….
                                                                http://www.doverdragstrip.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=1153

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 175 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.