More on the ’37 B/A

Forums Forums OLD RACE CAR LOCATOR More on the ’37 B/A

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 131 total)
  • Author
    tomblake
    Participant

How can I tell what the DPI is when a picture is sent as e-mail? I can make them big or small but not sure of the DPI.
        I guess your computer was too busy to get the sample clip of the race by Friday am.

maso
        Participant
            quote TomBlake:

How can I tell what the DPI is when a picture is sent as e-mail? I can make them big or small but not sure of the DPI.
            I guess your computer was too busy to get the sample clip of the race by Friday am.

Both of those pictures are at 96 dpi. You need to re-scan them with the scanner’s dpi settings at 200 to fill out Dino’s request.

billy-casey

what the hell are you guys talking about 😕 😮 Billy

dino
                Keymaster

Yeah …we did get busy…but GOT a new Twist…When V-Bob just sent out HIS VHS to get a DVD mad…they sent him Gratis 100 random still shots on the Footage…he’s looking for YOUR car and will post and we’re gonna get on that search on our copy Mon.

dino
                    Keymaster

About DPI…Its the resolution or pixel quality of the the scan or photo save. Look on your scanner settings to send to me E-mail at 200 or higher AND scan at 72 to post on site…I’m sending you an E-mail on this and will post same for eveyone.

tomblake
                        Participant

Came across a couple more with one of my favorites the “Little Giant”.
                            A picture of him on a solo run from the specter side 7/03/66.
                            We ran together when I had the A/MSP on 3/20/66.

Attachments:

dino
                            Keymaster

This Was about the ’39…but maybe start a new Thread At Historical Photos with your “Album” and random shots? Your posting them Fine where they apply now though. The dates are really helpful !

tomblake
                                Participant

Dino….What ever happened to the sample video of the ’37 B/A coupe?

tomblake
                                    Participant

Dino….You teased about the video but what happened. I’m guessing your just to busy with Dover Fest. Sure would like to see it.

dino
                                        Keymaster

Calm down…Waiting to see V-Bobs Slides and will get to scanning the VHS when I get a break…Trying to get 3 custom Paint jobs out , so I can get to Wingdale. It’s my Birthday…be nice now .

tomblake
                                            Participant

😮 HAPPY BIRTHDAY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO…. DINO, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU. 😆 😆 😆
                                                Ok now where is my video? 🙂
                                                Understand, when you get time.

maso
                                                Participant
                                                    quote dinotheweirdo:

Calm down…Waiting to see V-Bobs Slides and will get to scanning the VHS when I get a break…Trying to get 3 custom Paint jobs out , so I can get to Wingdale. It’s my Birthday…be nice now .

Dino…

Happy Birthday.

It’s easy to see why this guy’s anxious to see that video. Maybe, if you’re too busy you could just post a still shot from that video here. That might “shut him up”… kidding…!!! kidding…!!! Just kidding.

I had my birthday last week too on the 3rd. It happens every year.

maso
                                                    Participant

Hay…

That’s really interesting. Tom and Bill will be delighted with this. And… you know what’s really interesting about this…? That looks like Geno Terenzio’s red Studibaker again… doesn’t it…???

This thread started out slow and snowballed into a wealth of historic Dover information that I hope will find it’s way into Dino’s comming video production.

Bravo.

When will George Brazee chime in here…??? He said that he would.

dino
                                                        Keymaster

Yep thats the stude! The info is getting huge….interesting… the photos match the film…don’t know how that happened But will find out !

maso
                                                            Participant
                                                                quote dinotheweirdo:

Yep thats the stude! The info is getting huge….interesting… the photos match the film…don’t know how that happened But will find out !

I am trying to study the two photos just to see if both pictures were taken at the same time for the same drag race by studying the back grounds but I can’t make that connection. If both pictures had shown the staging area and I could identify the same cars in it I would have nailed it… but no. You try…

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 131 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.