Pictures of the Super Pumpkin 57 Chevy under restoration

Forums Forums OLD RACE CAR LOCATOR Pictures of the Super Pumpkin 57 Chevy under restoration

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 110 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Lithuanian FOR? he’s taking the anorexia or what ever it is again 😯

dino
        Keymaster

Check out the Teaser Video and see the PUMPKIN ‘gettin it on’ At Dover !

maso
            Participant
                quote dinotheweirdo:

Check out the Teaser Video and see the PUMPKIN ‘gettin it on’ At Dover !

Link: http://doverdragstrip.com/video/bvteaser.wmv
                “Super Pumpkin” @ 1:09 on the time dial. Orange paint but no lettering yet.

anonymous

Wow! Great footage…For me the glory days of racing even though I truly admire the achievements of those that run today.One of the reasons that Super Pumpkin was such a crowd favourite here in the UK was that it brought some of that ‘spirit’ over the Atlantic to us despite the fact that we had a number of great racecars of our own. It’s hard to explain what it was, maybe the lettering styles on a visual basis, maybe a certain stance, maybe a motor combination but most of the cars brought over here had a special something about them as well as generally performing well. Watching that video the stance of the car was immediately apparent and I would know it anywhere! We had a diverse range of vehicles running over here, some influenced by you guys, some influenced by motorsport generally in the UK. As good as they were this particular 57 always stood out both at shows and on the track. In Tri Chevy circles within the UK it is still one of the cars that everybody thinks of when looking back at the UK history of drag racing.
                    I would love to build a tribute car someday but if that stance were wrong it just wouldn’t work… 🙂

dino
                    Keymaster

Have MORE footage of it lettered in our “Big Video” archives!…just have to wait .

billy-casey

Hi everyone .. Billy here … i’ve been alittle under weather , thats why i haven’t been on the forum lately . starting kemo and radiation next week then maybe surgery in april… i told the doctors that nobody gets paid until they fix it and the all said to be ready to write the check in 6 months and i’ll be fine … 😆 😆 😆 by the way , that vedio was the spring of 1969 , Dino lettered it on memorial day … be talking to all … Thanks for the memories … Billy

dino
                            Keymaster

Great News on the Body Mechanics Diagnosis…Sounds like they’ve done it before with success…AND thanks for the Date clarification .

vbob
                                Participant

HEY

Billy, GOD bless you and you will be in my prayers!!
                                    Your only a couple hours away,if ya ever need anything give a call.
                                    Dino and K.Dunn have my #!!
                                    I’m sure Dino has your address!
                                    Hey,you’ll be all set for the DDS at Island in October !!
                                    Best of luck to you!!!

‘V’

Attachments:

peter-lilja

Hi Guys!
                                        Born in `63, I´m to young to remember the “Good ol` days of dragracing” ,so I´m now doing my best to catch up. What got me really started was when I met up with a guy named Ola, here in VästerÃ¥s. He is an instititution here in Sweden when it comes to old yanks and racecars. I had just teamed up with Raffe (RaffeViking), who had done lettering-work on Ola´s cars for years. Ola now wanted us to put the Super Pumpkin together. I started working on the car and in the same process I was looking for information on the internet. I felt very priviliged to work with a car with so much history both in the US and the UK. The Pumpkin seems to have made a really big inpact on everybody at the dragracing-scene. Amazing how one `57 Chevy can do that, it must have been thousands of them out there. I guess it was the cars appearence as well as the engineers behind it, that made it stand out from the crowd. I got in contact with both Steve (Plumpcars) and Pete Devlin, who both contributed with information on the car. Thank you all! I worked with it off and on for a couple of months until the restauration came to a halt due to Ola´s other projects. BUT, its now on its way into the workshop again, and I know a lot of you guys have information and pics of both the car and teams,so I beg you all: Pleeeease, come together and help us make this one as accurate as possible. If you have anything to share,drop a mail to raffe@topgarage.se . Notify Raffe if you want him to put any pics on the Pumpkins website or if it is just for our eyes only. Be a part of history in the re-making and we hope to team up with you at some racetrack in 2010.

All the best // Peter
                                        http://www.topgarage.se/superpumpkin

dino
                                        Keymaster

Peter …you know Bill casey is on here …He’ll be extatic! put Casey or Super Pumpkin in search here….tons of stuff !

bossguy

Speed Casey…. INTERNATIONAL LEGEND! 😀

dino
                                                Keymaster

just got off phone with Billy…He’s All fired up ! be on here later …said he’ll be up at Lebanon this weekend with Brother Bob getting some Video.

billy-casey

Hi Peter …Bill Casey here … I’m the one that built and raced the car untill the end of 1972, and sold it in 1973 to someone in England … Even though it was a long time ago , I still remember almost everything about it … I’ve got a DVD to send you … need your address… send me a private message… I’m all choked up about all of this … Billy

dino
                                                        Keymaster

For You NEW GUYS and to Refresh eveybodys memory…..This all started Back in FEB…lot of Pages here …start at the Beginning !Look down at bottom right of page and click on the little blue PAGE boxes .

peter-lilja

Hi everyone!
                                                                Time for a update. The Pumpkin was supposed to come into the workshop last week, but due to other projects taking longer than expected there has been a lack of space. Within two weeks I hope she will be on location. A few days ago we all sat down to put up some guidlines for the restauration and to have a look at the dvd Billy sent us of Pumpkins early years ´66-70. We where all very inspired by seeing her winning race after race.

The way Pumpkin looks today is all based on information and pics from her UK days when Pete Devlin and Steve Hale raced her, not whitout success in around ´76. BUT, no matter who owned and raced her before and after, this will always be Billy Casey´s Super Pumpkin, and with all new information coming in from all you guys, we are thinking about putting her back a few years to ´72 instead.

This will take a lot of both time and money, mostly because the paintjob has to be redone (all lettering is painted on, see pics for reference). The wheelarches has to be cut to a higher position and a healthy smallblock has to be built. Nothing is decided yet, but this is what we want to do. There are strong winds blowing in this direction. Our dream is to put Billy and his old team together with Pumpkin for a race at some reunion somewhere.

All the best // Peter, Raffe and Ola

Attachments:

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 110 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.