Peter….What kind of money do you think it would take to get the S/P back to the New York area? 😎 Don Kauer…
I thought we would hear from you Kauer, you should just make the call and find out from the horses mouth. We have a similar dilema in “Linguine Bros.” land. We found the old “pro gas ” Vega we built and ran, now its “shit or get off the pot time”. We have to ask ourselves how much time do we have left and what do we want to do with it. ❓
ps; I’m having surgery on my arm Friday and going up in a glider on Saturday. 😮
Good luck brother, Pat
Has anybody contacted Billy’s brother Bobby,or ‘Speed’s’ family about the Super Pumpkin up for sale? They might be very interested in buying it back!
Container ship or a plane ? Drake is into international shipping…he’d know. I tipped off Casey’s Sister.
Tomatoehead, ready for a road trip? She could be ready for the 2013 DDS Race!
😀 😀 😀 Hey Guys…am very shortly shipping a turn-key SuperComp/Top Dragster…and a couple of engines over to Gothenburg,Sweden…that’s the “port”…have spoke to Jason@ All Shore Forwarders this a.m….their phone # is 732-212-1515…(Brian is owner…both all about…integrity)…we have shipped at least 1,000 vehicles through these guys in the last 35-plus years…including 250 or so real drag race cars…they be good…as good or better than anyone in import/export business… did ask them today to get me a quote (into Port Newark)…sharpen the pencil…U…get the idea 😆 😆 😆 …it would be a awesome “event”…if…the car could come home… 😀 😀 😀 …know that Don Kauer…would put his heart & soul in this car…if…it is feasible to “happen”…if it’s meant to be…it will be… 😀 😀 😀 Drake
I will start making some more calls today…Prelimanary checking tells me around $3000 shipping to Newark..Thanks Drake …I’ll be in touch…Don… 😀
Who’s up for a “Group” effort to finance this ?But most inportantly…Where and who will finish & maintain ? sounds like a meeting should be called …Pick A time and we can do a REAL TIME chat with everybody interested on line at the same time…kinda like a “conferance call.” Can alert the Entire Forum of a Day & Time by doing a mass E-mail to All registered on the forum.Lets hear some FeedBack …. Need Time -Money & a Garage. I’ll Donate the Entire Re-lettering job….either version .My original or the later silver leaf.Tried Calling Present owner …didn’t work…have a PM into Peter to get more info.Heres how it looked in England about 1975 and at Dover and car show way back….by the way …more Dover connection in that top England Photo…thats the Brooklyn Heavy Car in the background, on the truck that ran our ‘Summer Jam’ in ’74.
I really love what I´m reading…….Get together and bring her over there. Stockholm will be the nearest port about 80 miles away compared to Gothenburg wich is 200+ miles away, but that´s no big deal either one. Hey Dino…. did the phonenumbers make any sense this time? If not,send me your number and I will pass it on.
All the best // Peter
For You Late arrivals to the current conversation….scrool back a few replies and catch up on the latest.click the little blue boxes and see page 10…matter of fact read the whole thing.
Mater…Crank up the Roll back..destination NEWARK.
Dino……………..I’m in 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀
Attempting to call Sweden…6 hour time differance…Its 12:30 am friday there, as I type this…so I’ll try first thing in morning .Ok GANG things getting serious …If the Price IS Right ….got to make a decision…Lets get some thoughts here. How do we pull it off? Pay for it…Garage it…finish it. ??? Maybe its time we appoint a coordinator…Volunteers?
First off……..We need recent pics with some dialogue on the present condition with how long the old Casey girl has been sitting and where (hopefully NOT outside)……..These things will help determine the price.. Also I’ll be in touch Bob Casey this evening…I’ll check back in to let all know his feelings about this…… 😀 😀 😀 Don…