"DOVER FEST" JAN.10 at old SAM’S/ODF HALL OF FAME awards!

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION "DOVER FEST" JAN.10 at old SAM’S/ODF HALL OF FAME awards!

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 113 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Louie’s our new Northeast sign guy …we provided him with all my Dover graphics…he’s got rthe same program to read ’em I have …so I’ll take care of the ‘ Southun sector’ 😆 ‘ Brian’s Right …GOT TO photo That! a Dover Sign again in Wingdale !….might drive a few locals wacky ! “The Boys are back in town “

vbob
        Participant

Hey
            Some one bring a pc to the DDS Fest.
            We will be able to post pics as they happen so ODF’s that cant be there will share in the fun and merryment!!!

‘V’

robert

Upstairs Bob here: Anyone remember the name of the ol’ wateringhole that was after Ol’ Sam’s but before Gene’s 1900?

dino
                Keymaster

SEE ‘LUNCH AT SAM’S’ Topic…See the Flyer?…I did That BACK THEN …It says “formerly” ???

robert

Hey Brian M., Upstairs Bob here. I just found out that the owner of Jayce’s has 1 or 2 of the original “Gene’s 1900” corner signs and is willing to donate them to the museum. Also yesterday I was talking to the owner of Gene’s 1900…she said she still has the two orignal bench seats from Ol’ Sam’s that were in the dining room…where everyone sat at the long tables and drank their shots and cases of beer. I told her about the reunion in Jan. and she told me 1 good size bedroom would be available. It has a full size bed. Get in touch with me if your interested in any of this. She’s going to look around for anything else pertaining to the strip. She gave away lots of pictures…CRS won’t let her remember who it was. I also have the orignal swinging saloon doors.

vbob
                        Participant

Hey PM BUICK ,JUST RAISE YOUR RIGHT HAND AND SHOW UP AT 4PM on the Saturday 10th of January!!!

Come early and stay longer!!

First dibs on the bunk upstairs!!

‘V’

Attachments:

dino
                            Keymaster

Upstairs Bob…You talked to Elaine ? from GEnes? cool …what does CRS mean?

robert

Hey Dino, Upstairs Bob here. You got to be kidding me…CRS…Can’t Remember Sh?t. Elaine… fades in and out once in awhile…getting old…at least 70…but remembers the good times with the track people. Don’t be surprised if she stops by at the reunion.

dino
                                    Keymaster

Ok …me too sometimes ! Now Those Signs …Its possible the way we old sign guys worked THAT if ya turn IT OVER …It might say SAM’S on the other Side ???? it’s a shot ? ( recycle the same panel and bolt back up )

masracingtd1167
                                        Participant

Hey video bob great artwork don’t quit your day job.

robert

Hey Dino, I’ll check out the signs. Maybe the chicken coop storage building will have something too.

dover1320

Hey, Brian here I’ll be at Jayces tomorrow around noon how does the sign look? Tell the owner to come that would be cool. I’m going to put up second sign while I’m there should we try to get the room upstairs? what do ya think Dino.

dino
                                                    Keymaster

Here’s what the town is seeing…Must be a Shock !…ours makes thier’s look pretty bad !

Attachments:

vbob
                                                        Participant

Hey

HOLLY CRAP BATMAN!!!
                                                            Thats one hell of a sign!!!!!
                                                            Nice job Brian !!!
                                                            How much for the upstairs room,I spend so much time upstairs might as well stay there!!

‘V’

masracingtd1167
                                                            Participant

Is there going to be enough room for all of us? Really looking forward to this .

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 113 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.