Repairs for Papa’s Toy. From Engine woes, to now it GOES!!

Forums Forums CURRENT MEMBERS RIDES / RACING Repairs for Papa’s Toy. From Engine woes, to now it GOES!!

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 414 total)
  • Author
    mikey

Yes Pat, i have had it running and it sounds pretty happy 😀 . I’m going to take a video of it running and try to e-mail it to you and some others on my buddy list 😮 .Thanks for asking 😉 . I really feel bad about not getting to the Valley, but my new Surgeon said NO 😥 .
        ………………Mikey :mrgreen:

frank-j-majauskas
        Participant

Hey Mikey, Glad to hear that you got that “Bad Boy” fired up ❗ I bet
            it sounds sweet. We all missed you at the Valley, but like they say, the
            doctor knows best.So take it easy and keep us posted Buddy….

Frank… 😎

vbob
            Participant

HEY
                Best to you!
                Shoot for 2016!

‘V’

babycakes
                Participant

Mikey,I too was put down this year with a serious foot problem which required surgery,not being able to make the Dover ‘7’ event; I know how you feel.But my friend,that’s now the past,and look forward to next year for no# ‘8’! Glad to hear the ‘new’ engine is now perking and sounding ‘good’! Keep us updated my friend!…Pete.

frank-j-majauskas
                    Participant

Mikey, Mikey, Mikey ❗ I just got your video of your 413 running on
                        the stand. It sounds AWESOME my friend ❗ 😮 The throttle response
                        is incredible ❗ Congratulations on a great job ❗ Thanks for sharing
                        it with me….Man that’s going to make that Willys rock ❗ 😮 😆

Frank… 😎

babycakes
                        Participant

Mikey,I too wanna THANK YOU for sharing,sounds ‘GREAT’!!!!! Pete.

patina
                            Participant

Mikey how yous doin? Any updates on the car?

Pat

mikey

Guys, I need to apologize for not being on the site for so long. Family issues, doctors appointments, being sick, and then a week before Christmas, I wound up in the Hospital with pneumonia. First Christmas I’ve missed in almost 37 years!! Got home the Monday after, and have been feeling better every day. Anyway, I’ve spent a lot of time on Facebook, it’s just so easy to post pics and videos. I have a bunch of pics on my personal page, and on the M&M site, any of you on FB should ck them out, videos too.I’ll try to get back on here more often. The new engine is in the Willys and is all hooked up and running, sounds nasty!! Hope all you ODF’S had a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Mikey

patina
                                    Participant

Good to have you back Mikey. Get Better!

Pat

babycakes
                                        Participant

Mikey,let me 2nd that what Pat D. said…GOOD TO HAVE YA BACK!!! Wishing you ‘health’ and ‘happiness’ for ‘2016’!!! 😉 🙂 Pete.

mikey

The car is all back together and it sounds killer!! A couple of minor issues to fix, but nothing serious. I need to replace the emergency electrical shut-off switch for one, and repair the left header to get a little better access to the oil filter. I will stay in touch. I’m trying to figure out what to do with the little motor I took out of the car. It’s only got 16 passes on it, most of which were at 6500 to 6800 RPM. Two passes were at 7500 to 7800 to get the car into the 9s, 9.97 twice. Block is fully race prepped, line bored, decked, studded mains,screens and screw in plugs in oil drains, jetted for roller cam, Billet spacer for oil pump for proper depth to fit deep sump 7 qt. oil pan. Has Melling Super Duty High Volume oil pump, Scat Crank, JEGS Hypo Main and Rod bearings, Pro Comp H-Beam 6″ Rods, .040 over Venolia Dome Pistons JE Wrist Pins, Speed Pro Rings, Cloyes double Roller Chain, two piece timing cover, and an Isky 602 lift roller cam(solid). I also have the high torque mini starter, the SFI approved flex plate and a full set of Lunati roller lifters. You could put a good set of heads on this engine, a good intake and carb, and kick ass!! Give me a call if you’re interested or know someone that might be. 407-394-6830 ………………..Mikey :mrgreen:

Attachments:

tomblake
                                                Participant

Mikey…..Great to see you are getting to play with PaPa’s Toy. I’d bet you would like to have it run down the track again soon.

babycakes
                                                    Participant

WAY TO GO MIKEY!!! We can’t wait to see ya in the fall, watching you ‘blast’ down the 1/4 mile at the ‘Valley’!!! 😮 😀 Pete.

mikey

out of the hospital, and feeling pretty good again.I’ve decided that it’s time to start working on the “Toy” again. I just ordered two new front runners and a new radiator plus some other small stuff. Need to pull off the alternator and make it a 1 wire, 100 amp and repair the handle for the emergency electrical shutdown. I can’t wait to try out this new engine!! I also need to rebuild my 2 E85 carbs, 1 Race Demon, and 1 Holley. I sold my little 357 short block out of the car, and I already miss it!! That was a happy little engine, and I’m very proud of it’s performance. Sorry that I have not been on for a while, but I’ve been pretty sick. Hopefully, I’ll be on every couple of days………………Mikey :mrgreen:

Attachments:

vbob
                                                            Participant

HEY
                                                                Great to see you back where you belong!
                                                                Hope you stay healthy!
                                                                ‘V’

Attachments:

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 414 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.