Repairs for Papa’s Toy. From Engine woes, to now it GOES!!

Forums Forums CURRENT MEMBERS RIDES / RACING Repairs for Papa’s Toy. From Engine woes, to now it GOES!!

Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 414 total)
  • Author
    mikey

Pat, you have helped me make up my mind. I’m not going to run it again with the engine that’s in the car. 😉 :mrgreen:

patina
        Participant

Good choice Mikey! I need someone here to give me good advise 🙄 I just came back from VB’s neck of the wood with a POS chevy truck. I only wanted the bed a short fleetside that I’m putting on my crew cab dually that I’m also making a single rear wheel. I’ll never learn.

Pat

mikey

Pat, just remember, “Shit Happens”!!! :mrgreen:

mikey

I promised more pictures of my 413 small block build, here are some more. Somehow Some of the more important pics got turned into files. I will have to fix them to post them. Shit!!! 🙄 :mrgreen:

Attachments:

mikey

OK, I think I’ve got it!!

Attachments:

babycakes
                        Participant

Dr,Mikey, ‘specialized’ Chevy surgeon performing a new ‘hi-po’ heartbeat for his Willys!!! LOOKING GOOD MIKEY!!! 😮 😀 keep it going,and many thanks for sharing!…Pete.

mikey

Pete, even though I’m still not feeling that great, getting out in the garage and working on the new engine makes me very happy. I’m really looking forward to hearing this engine run, and it will before I put it in the “Toy”. …………….Mikey :mrgreen:

Attachments:

mikey

The old motor is out, and the parts I needed off it are off the engine and waiting to be cleaned. They are: Intake and heads, flywheel, distributor, Crank Trigger Wheel, and the pulley for the alternator. Old engine is under my work table on a wheeled engine dolly next to what will be a 383 I’m building for a friend. here are some pics of my progress. :mrgreen:

P.S. Could only load ten pictures, I’ll make another post.

Attachments:

mikey

More!!! I think that’s all for now. 😕 🙄 :mrgreen:

Attachments:

babycakes
                                        Participant

THANKS for sharing Mikey,looking ‘GOOD’! Won’t be long now! 😉 😀 Pete.

vbob
                                            Participant

HEY

Nice going !!
                                                2cents worth, get rid of Mr Gasket exhaust header gaskets. I found hard and brittle. go with FelPro!Much better seal.
                                                Best of luck with the new setup!
                                                ‘V’

frank-j-majauskas
                                                Participant

Looks great Mikey ❗ You can’t wait to hear it run,,,we can’t wait
                                                    either ❗ 😆 😆 😆 I know this engine will be a runner ❗ NICE JOB BUDDY.
                                                    Feel better……..

Frank… 😎

tomblake
                                                    Participant

Looking great Mikey. Won’t be long now.

mikey

Some more pictures of my 413 project. Getting real close now. Gotta borrow my friends run in stand and start that baby up!! :mrgreen:

Attachments:

patina
                                                            Participant

How’s it going Mikey? Did you start it yet?

Pat

Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 414 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.