THE LITTLE GIANT Remains lost…..

Forums Forums OLD RACE CAR LOCATOR THE LITTLE GIANT Remains lost…..

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 99 total)
  • Author
    maso
    Participant

The Little Giant should be recreated from scratch. Small Altereds are so simple and the origional guys, George and Chuck are still around with many pictures and details. I could do an acurate 3 dimentional shop drawing of the origional chassis with my AutoCAD. I’ve done stuff like that before, I just need dimentions and details. Dino’s lettering and paint and everything else is obtainable. If Bobby Schlagel should take an interest in this project then things could happen FAST…! if you know his reputation… eh…?!

‘Nuther words…

There’s enough talent right here on this forum to do it. 💡

dino
        Keymaster

Think getting this one 50% there, would be a lot easier

maso
            Participant

It just won’t look right unless the chassis is the same. That’s where I can help. If Chuck and George can supply me with acurate and complete details and dimensions of how the origional was configured, then I can produce a shop drawing like ones that I have done before.

I was with Warren Valenta last weekend at a local car show in Catawba where I live.

dino
                Keymaster

V-Bob in tight with George and Sabis…maybe get some Constructuion Shots ????? before they mounted the body ??? that would be SO cool!

mikey

It would be nice to see a reproduction, or a “look-a-like”, but it doesn’t have to be a “clone”, per say. The suspension could be off a little, but it should be “period correct”. The engine should “look” the same, but the cubic inches can be different. The biggest thing would be to get the body “right”, and the paint and lettering would have to be pretty much perfect. That pic of the orange one for sale would be the perfect candidate. Wish I had the money !! The “Lil’ Giant” was always my Dads favorite, and mine was “Bad News”.

………………….Mikey 😆

vbob
                        Participant

HEY

A Little Giant clone!!!
                            http://worcester.craigslist.org/cto/3305716056.html
                            ‘v’

Please enjoy the images of this vintage 1960’s Drag Wagon. This very unusual wagon just screams how we did it in the good old days.
                            It has an A12 Datsun drive train and was drag raced in Ohio for several years. It was then parked in a garage for nearly 30 years
                            before we found it. The front axle has been reinforced, hood pins and a minimal ( acceptable back then ) roll bar was installed to protect
                            the young buck in the driver’s seat. Datsun A12 motor ( #569147 ), transmission and rear end all in tact.
                            This car shows a lot of very cool paint peeling & priceless patina, but there is no actual rust thru on the entire car.
                            Car come with the Datsun 13″ wheels on the back & the original Crosley 12″ers on the front. Most pictures
                            show this classic with new Bassett 13″ racing wheels & Goodyear Eagle Racing Tires. If you’re interested
                            in the upgraded wheel & tire package it will cost you $350 more.
                            Datsun A12 motor is currently stuck. Penetrating Oil is in the cylanders now and the hobbiest chatter suggests
                            that this will free up and run like a champ.
                            come take a look at some true Drag Racing history. (603)WAG-6616 for more specific info.

Gut the Thing…Part out the “stock stuff” ..( Trans-rear) on Ebay OR Hemmings (For the non-computer crowd) get part of your money back After you ‘barter’ him down to take it -less tires wheels. That Motor should be worth something once you get it operational. [Dino}

Attachments:

vbob
                            Participant

Little Giant ala 2012 trim!Can you see this with 505 on the side How cool would that b!!!!
                                http://www.collectorcarads.com/Crosley-Sedan-Delivery/45005 “V”

vbob
                                Participant

HEY Same Crosley on You Tube for sale!!

‘V’

vbob
                                    Participant

HEY

More Little Giants on you Tube!

‘V’

dino
                                        Keymaster

Just talked to Fred Harrison Today…Seems all his efforts have come up short,in trying to locate the old Little Giant. It was last seen in the Torrington area painted “shell” Yellow.

babycakes
                                            Participant

Kinda ‘disappointing’ to say the least;I had my ‘hopes’ up too high,he would have tracked the ‘Little Giant’s’ whereabouts 😥

maso
                                                Participant

I asked Bruce Hertel if he has seen any evidance of it out there on the west coast but Burce has nothing to report. He’d be the one to spot it there.

dino
                                                    Keymaster

Some of the ‘stories’ he got were just ‘rumors’ too…. Like He sayis…Been 40 years now…But stranger things have popped up out of nowhere. Lets just believe,it’s been stashed away in some dusty old garage,and someone will discover it.

babycakes
                                                        Participant

Thank goodness there was alot of photos and film taken of the ‘Little Giant’. Even though it’s the 2nd best thing,it kinda fills the ‘void’ to a lot of us who were greatful and ‘lucky’ enough to be around in that era,to watch it run Dover,almost every weekend! As Dino sez…keep the faith,it may be found someday! 😛

dino
                                                            Keymaster

Just sent Fred Harrison the Historical Photo Disc…He didn’t have many photos and finally ordered it to reminis! .Was amazed what we has saved.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 99 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.