55 E/G – New old ride

Forums Forums CURRENT MEMBERS RIDES / RACING 55 E/G – New old ride

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 1,035 total)
  • Author
    don-kauer

Mikey……What the hell is wrong with you??? He is married and so are you….No dates 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

tomblake
        Participant

Mikey….Just back from the local car show. Met a friend that helped with the 55, getting it ready for New York. He asked when the car would be ready to test, told him it is ready now. He came back to the car show and asked “How about tomorrow”
            Checked the weather and he called the Lakeland track. Weather looks good (who can tell for sure). Only 10% change and 0% after 6:00pm tomorrow. The track has a bracket race and test & tune.
            We agreed to leave here about 4:00 pm tomorrow afternoon.
            Know this is short notice and too late to call on the phone. Usually see you late on the site so maybe you will see this and if you are ready and want to meet, we will be there.
            Call me and or I will call you tomorrow.

dino
            Keymaster

Remember the camera this time!

mikey

Damn, I’ve got plans for tomorrow, and I can’t make any changes. Oh well, there will be other days. Good luck, and “Git er done” !!
                    ……………..Mikey 😆

tomblake
                    Participant

Took the 55 to the Lakeland track. Made two passes both were bad. The converter or trans is slipping very bad. Will be working on the car again tomorrow.
                        The good news is the new people that have the track are doing a very good job.

babycakes
                        Participant

Just like the weather Tom,our hot rods are unpredictable,never know what to expect.It certainly keeps us scratching our grey hair,what’s next? No doubt,you’ve got a high tolerance,and move forward to tackle these ‘gremlins’,one at a time! Hopefully,it’s a low $$$ to fix Tom!

tomblake
                            Participant

Thinking converter but will disassemble the trans to look at that first. If the trans looks good will try one of our race converters. Was hoping to get the car into street condition and the race converter is the wrong direction but will confirm to problem.
                                The new exhaust system sounds pretty good but too loud for the street, maybe.

dino
                                Keymaster

Nah…Never too load…IDEA? can you do a video and post it on YouTube…”on the Street”? find a geek…I fumbled through it and made it work.

tomblake
                                    Participant

Testing on 9/29/12 showed the converter or trans slipping bad. Good news is the slicks are not spinning like the big street tires and the rear end is solid, no rocking from side to side after the modifications we made to the chassis. The link below was the second and worst pass.

mikey

Just curious Tom, what did you use for a trans ?? I know you’ve got the ‘Glide with the Gear Vendor OD set-up, and the TH400, or did you come up with something else? Could you maybe have too much tire for the 3:70 gear?? I’m just chock full of questions!! …………….Mikey 😆

tomblake
                                            Participant

Mikey…..Put the spare Powerglide in the 55 when it was originally put together. The Dedenbear glide with the gear vendor overdrive is still in the Mustang. The 4.57 gear was too much at Lebanon Valley on the quarter mile. Feel like the 3.70 gear should be good for all around street and strip with the 33″ tall tire.
                                                After the car is disassembled and I see what I’ve got, I am thinking that I am going to need a converter to match my set up.

dino
                                                Keymaster
                                                    quote TomBlake:

Testing on 9/29/12 showed the converter or trans slipping bad. Good news is the slicks are not spinning like the big street tires and the rear end is solid, no rocking from side to side after the modifications we made to the chassis. The link below was the second and worst pass.

http://s621.photobucket.com/albums/tt300/Tomblake/?action=view&current=00117.mp4

Cool Video Link Guys!

Attachments:

mikey

Pretty cool. 😀 You need to e-mail me your street address and zip code so I can Map- Quest directions to your house. 😕 I should have written them down several times, but I didn’t. 🙁 I would like to tow down to your place, unload the car, and maybe drive to a local show with you. 😮 I’ll just bring some fuel with me in the car. 😯 Also, I want to go to Bradenton and run the quarter mile, I think that would be fun. 😎 Let me know. ………………..Mikey 😆

tomblake
                                                        Participant

Mikey….check under my avatar for the address.
                                                            The Lakeland track is 100% improved with the new management. Track prep, Jet drier, timing system and it is now sanctioned by the IHRA. Once my car is running, Bradenton will be a good place to go.
                                                            Car shows over here:
                                                            Plant City – 3rd Saturday – downtown has about the most cars (in the hundreds) – lots of outside people
                                                            Lakeland – 1st Friday – downtown around Munn Park – lots of outside people
                                                            Local Burger King – Every Friday – more car owners than outside people
                                                            – Last Friday of the month – bigger crowd with more trophies (classes by year of car)
                                                            All of the above car shows are free entry. Come this way anytime you want. We’ll park your trailer and drive to the car show from here. Local Burger King 4.5 miles, Downtown Lakeland about 8.0 miles and Plant City 10.0 miles.

patina
                                                            Participant

Tom your las post time is 3:13 AM 😯 When do you find time to sleep 😆 😆 😆

Pat

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 1,035 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.