55 E/G – New old ride

Forums Forums CURRENT MEMBERS RIDES / RACING 55 E/G – New old ride

Viewing 15 posts - 676 through 690 (of 1,035 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Need a Quick Change like a stock car 😆

tomblake
        Participant

Frank……The answer to your question is yes, but since we made some modifications including a chassis mod it is easier to change the big tires. To remove the tires all that needs to be disconnected are the shock bottom bolts and two bolts for the anti roll system. This installation we ground tapered ends on the shock bolts, that helps to line up the shocks when putting the bolts and washers back in place. I sure miss the wheel well cutouts.

Dino…Good idea.

frank-j-majauskas
            Participant

Tom, I know exactly what you’re talking about ❗ 😆 I guess there’s no
                14 second tire changes for us guys ❗ 😆 😆

Frank… 😎

Attachments:

tomblake
                Participant

This will be a progress and comparison post. Comparing the car race ready the first time back in July 2012 and now in primer with a lot of the body work done.

Attachments:

babycakes
                    Participant

Tom. I think it looks ‘GREAT’!!! Nice job! It also looks like a bit of a ‘rake’ now,with the back end lifted a bit? Pete.

frank-j-majauskas
                        Participant

I agree with Pete. It looks GREAT ❗ I like everything about it, but I
                            might be a little one sided ❗ 😆 Can’t wait to see the finished product..

Frank… 😎

babycakes
                            Participant

Tom, if your ’55’ were painted white, it would remind me of Bob ‘Tiny’ Eglit’s AA/GS ’55’ called ‘HELLFIRE’, from a few years back. Tiny put on some show with it, blasting down the 1/4 in 7 seconds, a man with ‘no’ fear!!! Last I heard he built a 70’s Mustang F/C to run, a while ago,but I never heard anything more about it in a while? Maybe some one else knows?

frank-j-majauskas
                                Participant

Tom, this is the 55 Chevy that Pete’s talking about.. 😆 That car was loud and fast ❗ 😮
                                    or is that “Fast and Loud”. 😆

Frank… 😎

Attachments:

tomblake
                                    Participant

Nice 55 and the guy has a Mustang. I could relate to that.

dino
                                        Keymaster

Grew up with “Tiny”…He actually founded NETO…Think he sold the Funny and still promises each year to show at our race.

vbob
                                            Participant

HEY
                                                Found this ,you know where!
                                                ‘V’

Attachments:

dino
                                                Keymaster

Ah nothing like a 55 done right…. Ok back to the Blake project…. Tom -will you do your annual “Run The Kid on his Bike ” again this year?

tomblake
                                                    Participant

Dino….You bet, as long as it can be fit in the program. This will be our 6th race against each other and one of the things that Ronny and I look forward to at the annual Dover race.

tomblake
                                                        Participant

Couldn’t stand it any longer, tore off the masking paper and took it out, just had to drive the 55 again. It was 84 days since the last time it was driven.
                                                            Mikey you inspired me, if you could get yours to the dragstrip I could get mine out to drive it.

Attachments:

babycakes
                                                            Participant

WAY TO GO TOM!!!! Enjoy the fruits of your labor, you ‘earned’ it up to this point!!!!! 😉 😀 Pete.

Viewing 15 posts - 676 through 690 (of 1,035 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.