55 E/G – New old ride

Forums Forums CURRENT MEMBERS RIDES / RACING 55 E/G – New old ride

Viewing 15 posts - 826 through 840 (of 1,035 total)
  • Author
    kman
    Participant

congrats !!!! .. well deserved …

babycakes
        Participant

Let me add on to the list Tom; to you and the Mrs. “CONGRATULATIONS” to you both!!!! You’ve ‘earned’ it for all the ‘hard’ work and ‘love’,put into the ’55’! Pete. 😉

tomblake
            Participant

VBOB….The girl was the presenter from the car show sponsor.
                There were other activities going on at the show and Mary was checking out some of those events when they found me for the award and pictures.

mikey

A very well deserved award for sure. Car looks great, Tom. :mrgreen:

mikey

Man, UPS and FED EX keep having parts fall off their trucks right in front of my house!!A couple of days ago it was an Eagle Crankshaft of the 3.75 Stroke variety, that fell off a FED EX Truck, and today, it was a set of Wiseco .040 Pistons for a 6″ rod. Hmmmm, what’s going on here??? 😮 😯 😕 :mrgreen:

Attachments:

tomblake
                        Participant

Mikey…..Looks like Christmas time at your place.
                            If the weather is good Saturday we are headed to Old Town in Kissimmee.

masracingtd1167
                            Participant

Tom I found this on facebook

Attachments:

tomblake
                                Participant

Billy where was the picture located? It is my picture but I don’t post stuff on Facebook.
                                    Still wonder what happened to that car after I sold it.

masracingtd1167
                                    Participant

It was in Comp eliminator past and present

mikey

Tom, I saw the same thing. Figured one of your friends had a picture and posted it. :mrgreen:

tomblake
                                            Participant

We have been working on the rear suspension to improve the ride and handling of the 55. The chassis guy that built Mary’s roadster looked at the 55 suspension and suggested we lower the coilovers along with some other minor things. So we started by dropping the rear coilovers 8″ and moved them back 8″. He looked the car over about a week later and suggested we go another 3″ lower. Back to work we went and now they are 11″ lower and 8″ back. We reinforced the pan hard bar mounting and will be test driving the car tomorrow.
                                                During this project I got a higher amp welder and did some of my first structural welding but had my friend the good welder come behind me to check and reinforce my welding so I feel pretty good about the finished product.
                                                First picture is 8″ lower and the second is the final at 11″ lower than the original mounting.

Attachments:

babycakes
                                                Participant

Nice job Tom! Very ‘PROFESSIONAL’ looking! That should ‘cushin’ the ride I hope! 😉 😀 Pete.

tomblake
                                                    Participant

We got a group of Chevy’s together at the local BP station in Lakeland to head over to Old Town Kissimmee for the car show. We cruised down Interstate 4 with the collection of five 55 Chevy’s and one 57 Nomad. Three of the 55’s were red and white hardtops. We got lots of attention cruising to Old Town.

Attachments:

patina
                                                        Participant

Love the Nomad, I’m kind of partial to them. The one behind the MG was one of the tow cars the other was a powder blue 57 Nomad. Not to get off the subject but I think thats Charlie Boucher’s T-Bird tow car in the other lane.

Pat

Attachments:

patina
                                                            Participant

Hey could this be! I think that this picture is from the opposite side of the picture above. Notice the starters pose. Wow!!!

Pat

Attachments:

Viewing 15 posts - 826 through 840 (of 1,035 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.