55 E/G – New old ride

Forums Forums CURRENT MEMBERS RIDES / RACING 55 E/G – New old ride

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 1,035 total)
  • Author
    john-sachs-sr
    Participant

Mikey,
        We have some real good engine machine shops here in Ft. Lauderdale. Let me know if I can help.
        Even 1 shop where the owner worked for Bob Ingles. 😮
        John

If you haven’t sent out your pistons, and you’re coming down to M&M bring them, and I’ll cut them for you. 🙂

mikey

Thanks, John, the block went out this morning, and the pistons go out tomorrow. If I have any problems, I’ll give you a call. You can cut pistons,really?? Good to know.
            ……………Mikey 😮 😯 😆

john-sachs-sr
            Participant
                quote mikey:

Thanks, John, the block went out this morning, and the pistons go out tomorrow. If I have any problems, I’ll give you a call. You can cut pistons,really?? Good to know.
                ……………Mikey 😮 😯 😆

I’m getting old, but I ain’t stopped doing pistons, heads, and motors. 😉 🙂 😉 Been doing our Pro-Stock, and Pro- Mod stuff, plus customer work seems forever.

Attachments:

tomblake
                Participant

Got the transmission and driveshaft covers cut, fitted and attached to each other. After the extra chassis tubes are welded in place I can finish up the floor.

John…..Looks like you have a nice setup for doing pistons and heads. It’s no wonder the motorcycle is running so fast.

Attachments:

mikey

Yes, John, I totally agree with Tom, very nice set up, and quality workmanship. …………….Mikey 😆

babycakes
                        Participant

Mikey…I second the motion….Quality Craftsmanship,hands down ❗ ❗ ❗ ❗

tomblake
                            Participant

It took most of the day but I finally finished fabricating a removable gas pedal assembly that lines up with the carburetor.

Attachments:

mikey

Tom, I’m surprised that you didn’t just move the carburetor over a little bit. 😀 You have proven yourself to be quite ingenious at times. Really, you are doing a great job.
                                    …………………….Mikey 😆

masracingtd1167
                                    Participant

Hi Tom I hope you can see from this picture the room you have . I also run a CSR water pump . I have aspacer in there for another reason . It will clear fine even without the spacer . I hope this helps

tomblake
                                        Participant

Billy….Yes that does help. The picture and your words make me feel comfortable in that is a good way to solve the distributor problem.

tomblake
                                            Participant

Got some of the important welding done today. The added tubing to the chassis should make the chassis certifiable now so I am told by a good reliable source. The brake bracket and the steering mounts are also welded in place.

Attachments:

tomblake
                                                Participant

After Friday the “welding day” today became the “header day”. The headers are welded, the welds are ground and sanded smooth. Than we got the inside of the tubes fitted, ground and polished. Monday the plan is to have the headers coated.

Attachments:

mikey

Looking very nice, Tom. You really do some nice work. Keep up the good work and you’ll be “cruising” to a car show very soon. 😆

babycakes
                                                        Participant

Like Mikey,I 2nd the motion Tom….looking ‘REAL’ good ❗ ❗ ❗ :geek:

tomblake
                                                            Participant

Dropped off the headers to be coated this morning, could have them back as early as Wednesday. Front distributor ordered today but will not be shipped for 2 to 3 weeks. (Thanks for the information Billy)
                                                                Time seems to be slipping away fast. Only 103 days to the race but who is counting, or should I say who else is counting?

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 1,035 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.