Current street toy

Forums Forums CURRENT MEMBERS RIDES / RACING Current street toy

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 237 total)
  • Author
    mikey

Tom, that Supercharger is too sweet for words! It looks beautiful. Looks like a professional did the work, but, you’ve been at it for so long, you are a PRO. Yours is all together, and I’m still taking mine apart. Here are some pictures of my damaged engine, luckily no damage to the cam lobe of the broken lifter. …………….Mikey 😆

Ha!!! My Laughing Smilie is back! When I was here earlier, it was gone. It’s gone on the M&M Forum too. I think Dino is doing it, he’s pretty sneakie! 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

Attachments:

tomblake
        Participant

Mikey…..Looks like some pretty good domes on the pistons. No damage to the cam, that’s good news. When you get it back together we’ll have to meet at the Lakeland track again. Good luck putting it back together.
            Got the engine disassembled that I ran at the Dover race. Might need the valve guide welded inside the exhaust chamber. Not sure where I could get that work done yet. Looks like a bronze guide inside the aluminum head.

Attachments:

babycakes
            Participant

Mikey and Tom,no matter how ‘down’ things get, keep that ‘positive’ attitude you guys always seem to recharge,and move forward in life!!!!

mikey

Pete, it’s the only choice you have if you’re not a quitter. 😀 There is really nothing that I’m not capable of doing on a car, I’ve built several over the years including Dirt Track cars, cages, engines etc. body work and paint. It’s just that working on your own stuff is a pain in the butt. 😡 I do enjoy it to a point, like welding newly fabricated brackets on, and changing the suspension around. But sometimes I really have to get myself motivated. 😕 That generally come from my wife. 😮 When she yells”Get the hell out of here, you’re driving me nuts”, I’m in the garage in a hurry. 😯 Lately, it’s been pretty often. 😆

………………..Mikey 😆

babycakes
                    Participant

Mikey,you made me laugh,and it’s the truth,as we got older,our ‘main-squeezes’ all seem to get that attitude,”GO DO SOMETHING,STAY OUT OF MY WAY”!!! Good thing you got your “TOY” to stay out of her hair,right?

tomatohead
                        Participant

…….. al right you GUYS ❗ 😀 I think you should get a room 😆 ❗ 😯 or at least start a NEW topic on the “better halfs” 😆 😯 ❗ ….. I think TOM wants to talk about the “Mustang” 😀 …….and we are lucky to have them 😕 🙄 ……… and I am going to go back into the garage too ❗ ……. before my wife yellllllls at me 😎

mikey

I’m not too sure that Theresa yelling at me to go work on “that damn car”, is a good idea. 😕 Every time I crawl under it, I find things I don’t like. 🙁 I’ve decided to pull the motor, and go through the whole thing, and just do it right. 😀 Now that I found out it’s not a 406 as I was led to believe, I’m pleasantly surprised at the performance I got before it semi-expired! 😀 My fault, totally. I put the heads and intake on the engine, and I never checked the bore. I did it at the guys shop that I got the car from, and I just wanted to hear the damn thing run. My Bad!!! 👿 The pistons are .060, and I’m almost positive that it’s a stock stroke(measured with a tape measure)at 3 1/2″, which is probably a 3.48, standard 350 crank. So I have a 360 cube motor. 😮 At 7000rpm, that’s the chip I had in the “box” when I was at the Dyno Shop, it made almost 375 hp at the rear wheels, and it was still pulling hard. 😯 That’s when I got thinking that the motor was NOT a 406. 😥 With a 350 block, you would need a .020 over-bore and a 4″ stroke. The motor should have “nosed over” at 6200 to 6500rpm and it didn’t. I also realized, after I got home of course, that I had left the timing backed off almost 20 degrees from where I normally run it. 😕 I was messing around with the crank trigger adjustment, trying to figure out what each little “dot” was as far as degrees of timing, and I left it at 15 degrees, its normally at 35. 😆 I might actually have a pretty fast car if I ever get it all straightened out!! Oh well, some days the elevator, some days the shaft. My buddy Tony Lamb will loan me his “cherry picker” and an engine stand. Now I’m wondering, should I put a front pump in the trans while the engines out?? Hm. 🙄 ……………Mikey 😮 😯 😆

maso
                                Participant

Sounds like our Mikey’s up to his ears in engine.

gramdog1
                                    Participant

Maso,you mean “up to his Ear”. 😀 😀

mikey

Do you have some sort of “fixation” on my earring? I will pay for you to get one just like mine, but you have to supply your own grandson. …………Mikey 😮 😯 😆

maso
                                            Participant
                                                quote mikey:

Do you have some sort of “fixation” on my earring? I will pay for you to get one just like mine, but you have to supply your own grandson. …………Mikey 😮 😯 😆

Oh…No…no…no…… I don’t want any holes in me that I wasn’t born with… 😉

tomblake
                                                Participant

Took the Mustang to the Lakeland dragstrip to test the new super charged engine installation. The converter was bad from the first hit of the throttle. Took it home and will replace the converter this week and try again.
                                                    The fun never ends.

Attachments:

tomblake
                                                    Participant

Transmission disassembled to check the internals. Installed the low stall converter and than installed the assembly into the Mustang. Finished up the installation, started the engine and checked the transmission for shifting. All looks good and will be driving to the downtown Lakeland car show Friday evening.

Attachments:

gramdog1
                                                        Participant

A quick question,what are the stall speeds,high and low? :geek:

tomblake
                                                            Participant

The latest converter change was the 9th converter change for this car. Most of the converters were too high, started with the converter out of our super comp dragster that could get to 6000 on the transbrake.
                                                                The last two converters were:
                                                                1. (The high stall – installed with the normally aspirated engine that we ran in NY) This one was put in for the Dover race and was never tried before but it was supposed to be about 4200 stall. In the quick change of the entire running gear before coming up to NY it was put in and only used with the 2 step in NY. The 2 step was set at 3000 for the 1st time trial and ran 10.90, moved the 2 step up to 3200 and the car ran 10.7 and the last change was to 3400 and the car ran a 10.5. Stopped there to see if I could get some consistency before the actual race competition.
                                                                2. (The low stall – installed with 572 normally aspirated crate engine before and the last change with the super charged 572) This one I got to do some test and tune runs before coming to NY. The manufacturer said it should be 2500 to 2900. The actual testing with the 2 step chip removed the converter would flash to 3500.
                                                                Gramdog1…..you said quick question but got the long answer. I get carried away some times but that’s my story and I am sticking to it.

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 237 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.