Current street toy

Forums Forums CURRENT MEMBERS RIDES / RACING Current street toy

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 237 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

darn….if the guy in the photo wasn’t sitting to block his plate….I’de run it and tell you who he is and where he lived. BUT WHAT AN awesome Story!…THIS IS REALLY starting to happen ALL Over !…Drag Racer Magazine…Ct.Cruise News, Shows , flyer handouts, just wearing the shirt!

tomblake
        Participant

Dino….never give up. Looks like Florida plate K07 3MB.
            See attached photos.

Attachments:

dino
            Keymaster

Ca-Ching………DOVER CSI “might” be “off” for Holiday …BUT. we have our operatives in secure locations with Dick Tracy wrist-radios….contacted our motor vehicle division………..”He’s On it’

anonymous

Dover CSI can’t even get a day off,

OK Dino, check your e-mail for Raymonds info on his ’67 Chevy.

dino
                    Keymaster

Ok Tom …Here Ya go ! should be easy to get his phone from this …HUH ?
                        Are we good or what ///—–Agent pbAFX (Plain Busted)

Name: GARBATINI, RAYMOND GARY
                        Address: 5102 GATO DEL SOL CIR
                        WESLEY CHAPEL, FL 33544-5510
                        Vehicle Class: PASSENGER CAR/LIGHT TRUCK Power Steering: Air Conditioning:
                        Model Year: 1967

tomblake
                        Participant

Dino……Met Ray at the Plant City car show. I had my Dover shirt on went we met again. We talked about the old Dover days. He raced at Dover with a yellow Chevy called “Chicken Little”.
                            Anyone remember the yellow Chevy called “Chicken Little”?
                            He said he was going to checkout the Dover site after seeing the shirt and getting the Dover site link.

vbob
                            Participant

HEY
                                Tom, my best of friends and brother in arms from ‘Nam’ lives in Ruskin !!!

‘V’

dino
                                Keymaster

Chicken Little…year of car …year ran ..was it lettered ?

tomblake
                                    Participant

video bob……Ruskin is where my sister-in-law and her kids live. Brother lived there, must be close to 25 years, he passed away last year.
                                        The headers for my current project were built there also.

Dino….Ray’s car was lettered with “Chicken Little” but do not know who did it. He ran in the mid 60’s at Dover and Connecticut.

tomblake
                                        Participant

The current project and the Dover T shirt makes FOCUS TV.
                                            We went to the Plant City car show 7/18/09. That’s where we met Ray again with his Chevelle, he raced at Dover with a Chevy called “Chicken Little”
                                            While we were there Focus Tv came by and did an interview. We wanted to show off our new Dover T shirt and make Dino proud.

click link to see the video.

http://www.thefocusmagazine.com/plantcity.shtml

maso
                                            Participant
                                                quote TomBlake:

The current project and the Dover T shirt makes FOCUS TV. … While we were there Focus TV came by and did an interview. We wanted to show off our new Dover T shirt and make Dino proud.
                                                dino
                                                Keymaster

Ole ‘Screen-shot” Maso ! that was tricky ! tanks

tomblake
                                                    Participant

WHAT A DAY.
                                                        We are trying to test the Mustang now that all the safety equipment is in the car.
                                                        Thursday is the test and tune for Bradenton and last week we got rained out.
                                                        This week the weather is not looking good but we keep watching the radar.
                                                        Late in the day the weather looks like it might break. We called the track and they said the weather was good and they were running.
                                                        Got the truck and trailer connected. Loaded the car and the lightening started and than the rain came. The lightening was bad enough but the rain came down very heavy. We waited about 10 to 15 minutes till it slowed down. Tied down the car in the lighter rain and headed out.
                                                        About 2 miles down the road it was dry and it hadn’t even rained in that area. Got to the next town just before the train came crossing our path. It was a slow moving, looonnng train.
                                                        Finally we got on our way again. About 15 miles farther down the road I feel a vibration and look back to see pieces of tire coming off the trailer. When we left the house I put a spare trailer tire into the truck, just in case. We changed the tire and checked the clock, not looking good. We made a call to see if we could have another spare picked up from the house. We got the grand son to pickup the spare but than decided it was getting too late.
                                                        We turned around and within 5 minutes we were stuck by another freight train. Something was telling us this was not our day to go to the drag strip.
                                                        We will be trying to go again next week.

maso
                                                        Participant
                                                            quote TomBlake:

WHAT A DAY… This week the weather is not looking good but we keep watching the radar…We will be trying to go again next week.

http://radar.weather.gov/ridge/radar.php?rid=amx&product=N0R&overlay=11101111&loop=no

Don’t quit…!

tomatohead
                                                            Participant

yea Tom know the feeling 😆 WE all have had days like yours ❗ and good thing all that stuff went on , this way you have got it out of your system 😆 this way you will have a Nice ride to the race in OCT 😀 and I was having a nice day today checking the fuel line and brake lines for leaks and fixed the fuel leak and charged up the battery and put CAM 2 in the fuel tank and fired up the car and the slick was FLAT 😮 ❗ 👿 cant believe it ❗ so I did NOT drive my car today ❗ cant believe it ❗ the slicks have never GONE FLAT ❗ …………….so I guess I will have to add that to the FIX IT LIST 😀 ……….. but otherwise everything is still going along nice 😀 ………………..tomato ❗

Attachments:

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 237 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.