DOVER RACE TEAM ….CHECK-IN, roll-call !

Forums Forums NOSTALGIA DRAGS 1st.DOVER DRAG STRIP NOSTALGIA DRAGS- 2009 DOVER RACE TEAM ….CHECK-IN, roll-call !

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 163 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Dino, Will be attending, with the 64, and definitely have at least 1 other attending. Thanks Larry

….And the hits keep coming ! …Add Another ORIGINAL DOVER CAR ! “the Mystery Indian” !!!

Attachments:

dino
        Keymaster

just heard from JACK REDD …The original editor of DRAG TIMES. Our event is NOW (J.A.) Jack Approved .AND he will be there in person ! .He’s also spreading the word all around the Maryland ,Delaware and Penn. areat o all his old racin’ freinds !

tomatohead
            Participant

I was working on the Fairlane today getting it running and Bill Kolb Jr. called me on the phone ❗ ❗ I had called him and just couldnt “catch” him ❗ ( hes still Fast ❗ ) anyway told him about the Dover race and the Dover Clone thing and he said he can give me premission to letter my car like his for the race ❗ ❗ ❗ It seems that he did know my uncle and that he did sell my grandfathers car to them at Larsen Ford and he used to go there to the farm on King Street in Greenwich to buy vegatables ❗ Small World ❗ So I am going to meet with him on the lettering at his dealership soon to go over the details ❗ keep you posted and will ask if Mr Kolb if he can make the race in Oct at Island ❗ ………Tomato ❗

Attachments:

sixfiend

Dino, I’ll be there with my 68 Camaro which I originally ran with the engine out of the 57′ for a few years. But then I switched to a V8 when NHRA created the Super Modified Classes. I’m not sure if I ran it in the current (1970’s) paint scheme but who cares…. The camaro is an original Dover car…. too bad the 57′ Chevy “SIXFIEND” is long gone. Maybe somebody knows what happened to it!

VIDEO HERE ! VIDEO!>>>>>>>>
                    Click here for Camaro Video – Lebanon Oct 4, 2008 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dh1gcGLVlsg

tomatohead
                    Participant

OK ITS A GO ❗ ❗ I just got back from Bill Kolb Jr.s dealership and have his permission to letter my car as his was when he raced it at Dover for the nostalgia race at Island ❗ ❗ After the car is painted and lettered I am bring it to his dealership so he can see it and I can get some pictures 😀 I told him about the race which he will try to attend if his schedule permits, hes very busy. He had a model of his car and I took some pictures of it ……….Larsen Ford Rides Again !!………………………………..tomato !!!

Attachments:

dino
                        Keymaster

Fantastic !….. guess I better clean some brushes ! he’ll probably pay me with produce …hey thats OK …me loves tomatos and brocolli and carrots and with my new teeth —-no problem . Think “Mater” Might Have the only Clone of its kind…Your going to have a LOT of Photos taken of it.

tomatohead
                            Participant

Boy ❗ ❗ I better grow some extra green “cabbage” to give the “Paint Brush Man”… get it “cabbage” 😆 😆 and looks good he ll be coming up right round “harvest” time ❗ and yes I ll have some “Heirlooms” for YA :!:………wait till you bring some home and your wife tastes them ❗ they are good ❗ ………………tomato ❗

Attachments:

vbob
                                Participant

HEY

Pomo d’oro,hows that Tomato Bolt doing !!!
                                    Should be a nice ride for the nostalgia rce!
                                    maybe get it down to ETown for their BIG F/C and nostalgia race in the summer!!!
                                    Best of luck with it !!

Daher,Madalina, Lusinda !!!!

‘V’

tomatohead
                                    Participant

V ❗ ❗ ❗ “Steady as She Goes” 😆 should be finished with the brake lines and drivin it at the “driveway raceway” today 😆 …………..”V” that stands for “Victory” …………….right ❓ 😆 ……….pomodoro-HEAD ❗

vbob
                                        Participant

HEY

When I ran my 57 couple years ago with NETO I usta fire her up and take her down the street before loading on the trailer.
                                            All the neighborhood would come out and watch me do the 60 timers!
                                            That where I lost a valve,the 8,000 chip didnt do what it was suppsoe to do !!
                                            Have fun !!
                                            Oh, launched a flywheel out of a 55 street racin too !!
                                            ‘V’

dino
                                            Keymaster

More guys checking in …I’ll post a new update next week…waiting for some replies…East Coast Drag News just came out…and expect that to give us Nice turn-out.

bobby-s

Dino ( aka DOO WOP DINO :ugeek: )
                                                    just signed off Vintage Fuel site
                                                    did not see the Oct.18th race date listed on Christys (the editor)
                                                    vintage events listing,

bummer about them having their race trailer stolen
                                                    cameras have video clip of the truck taking it,
                                                    you still have her contact info,,

Bobby S.

dino
                                                    Keymaster

Bobby…Just sent out more press releases…Including them…Will put the pressure on next month

dino
                                                        Keymaster

Another Car joins in the team….Al Peters jr….G/S 427 Chevy wagon…he’s going to get ” Pop”.. Al sr. to drive after he teaches him how to run an automatic. Bringing it to Reunion …Al getting ahold of whoever he can find in the Stratford area including Al DeAngelis. Cool ! Maybe Don Scinto Too !

dino
                                                            Keymaster

ADD LINDA SCINTO >>>Z28…And other ? Scinto shop cars

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 163 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.