DOVER RACE TEAM ….CHECK-IN, roll-call !

Forums Forums NOSTALGIA DRAGS 1st.DOVER DRAG STRIP NOSTALGIA DRAGS- 2009 DOVER RACE TEAM ….CHECK-IN, roll-call !

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 163 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Dino,
        I plan to race at the Nostalgia Drags. it is a 1968 mustang Cobra Jet originaly raced at Dover Drag Strip in late 60 and early 70 the good old days….Vinny Lyons

……..Preview at Danbury Reunion…!

dino
        Keymaster

by CLICATA on Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:21 pm

DINO,
            SKEET AND I ARE READY TO ROCK N ROLL !
            CHARLIE

vbob
            Participant

HEY
                found this from the 1991 DDS Reunion!!
                Vinny Lyons and his ‘Alone Again’ Mustang newest member of the DDS Drag Team ,way ta go Vinny ‘V’

Attachments:

dino
                Keymaster

Parked Next ‘Determination”… Also gona be there ! …Roger Garrens original Dover Car ….. Thats Freaky …like they COULD line up NEXT to each other !Just Like the photo ….wow man …groovy !

rdelelle

Dino, we will be there to race our street rods. We have raced there many times before-great track and great people.

John Delelle, racing ’39 Chevy coupe with 400 small block, turbo 400 trans and 9″ Ford rear.
                        John raced a silver Anglia (actually a Prefect-4door) for many years at Dover.

Rich Delelle, racing a ’39 Chevy 2 door sedan with a 350 Chevy small block, turbo 700R4 trans and Ford 9″ rear. Once raced a ’60 Chevy at Dover to a scorching 16 second pass.

If you need more info you can contact me (Rich) at 203-912-9235 or e-mail “rdelelle@yahoo.com”

See you then.

dino
                        Keymaster

😎 😎 😎 😎 …..And It continues …….The way this is shaping up, I expect A LOT to be there on Sat. ‘just to test & tune” and stay overnight. I’ll be there all day Sat. getting things layed out and Video Bob and the Willys Team will be coming in early too. Any more? …We ARE going to need a bunch of “helpers” to Park cars ,Be a back -up to help track crew And I’ll need a” secretary” in the Tower to coordinate our Runs-Times -Elim. …Please e-mail me if you can Be a part of the “track Crew’ …Oh- Ya get a Track Official Shirt Too ! …… dino@doverdragstrip.com 😎 😎 😎

………………..Somebody put up a GPS aerial with zoom option of the track please ….Google /bing /?

dino
                            Keymaster

Just In :
                                Dear Dino : I’m coming from Savannah NY so this will be the First time coming down since We purchased this Farm, I hope to be able to have My New car ready to make the trip ! As you know since My 1964 Dodge was appropriated {Stolen} I’ve not had the Juice necessary to go out and find another Car to put my blood sweat and tears into Yet Once more ! so it took some doing to get Myself to a place where I ” honestly wanted ” to get involved with another Build ! Sure if I had a crew of guys it would not be a problem But seeing how I do everything by myself it’s Not easy to set aside the time necessary to get another car underway ! But I couldn’t stay away so last year I found this Old 62 Chevy II in pretty good shape so it wasn’t as far gone as the Dodge was ! So bottom line is I will know by Next month if I will have a Motor ready in time to make the trip….. Looking foward to seeing all the Old Faces of yesteryear … Michael Laverty {from Mahopac}

dino
                                Keymaster

Just sent out a “mass-E-MAIL” to all 490 …reminder to check in…lets see what happens .

bill-richardson

Dino,
                                        I’m planning to be their and race my 76 nova in dover vintage.
                                        See you their,
                                        Bill R

creteman1052

I’ll be there on October 18th with my ’69 Camaro.
                                            Pat Molle #1052, 312 Union Valley Road, Mahopac, NY :D….Pat you spoke !(Dino-Edit)

tomatohead
                                            Participant

Dino nothings changed here at “Tomato’s Farm and Race Car Garage” 😆 ❗ will bring the 64 Fairlane 4 spd to race in D-4 ❗ see you in a month ❗ …………………..tomato

Attachments:

dino
                                                Keymaster

Hey guys check this out ! ..just In
                                                    DINO
                                                    RAMPAGE ====there is a very good chance the car will be ready for Danbury, ===but it will run at island for sure. it will look just as it did when it ran at Dover in the early seventies.Dino although we put the car back just the way it was in the day.With me in the car it weights about 150 pounds more. I have checked the car everywhere,and I just cannot find the extra weight.
                                                    P. S. we did have to move the steering wheel forward 6 inches so I could fit in the car,===.well I will keep looking for that extra 150 pounds , if I find it I will let you know. Hope to see you in Danbury. THANKS CHUCK CARTALEMI
                                                    WILL BE RACING CAR JUST AS IT WAS RACED AT DOVER IN 1973-1974

FOR CHUCKS INTERESTING STORY ON HOW HE FOUND AND GOT HIS CAR BACK (Now going to run Again ! )
                                                    Click Here—-> http://www.doverdragstrip.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=959&hilit=rampage

Attachments:

bobby-s

Dino

wow that looks exactly like the picture I posted, ❓
                                                        same angle & side shop
                                                        how odd is that,………………………..Bobby (Copy/Pasted) from Chuck other Story BUT STILL need to Find Pfhotos of it as “RAMPAGE” [dino-edit]

bob-lasko
                                                        Participant

So far I am still going to attened with my camaro

Attachments:

dino
                                                            Keymaster

“Mountain Mike”,out of Randleman N.C. says He thinks he can get at least 4 front motor nostalgia dragsters that run with him in The Southern Slingshot Cuircut !!!

Watch THIS—-> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNhqsWDwKY8

Attachments:

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 163 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.