M & M Speed & Custom checking in

Forums Forums SPEED SHOPS from Dover’s past M & M Speed & Custom checking in

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 175 total)
  • Author
    m-amp-m-speed-amp-custom

Bruce:
        Gee that was a pretty good story Bruce, let me try to defend myself now!
        1)I belive the Grandnationals were in Sinair (sp), Canada. Is St. Pie the main city?
        2) I didn’t want to weld the hitch on in the 1st. place, but like everything else we did it was the last minute. I remember calling around town trying to get someone to do the job but they were either closed or booked (3 or 4.00pm, Saturday? afternoon). And besides no one told me I had to weld the BALL too 😆
        3) Good to be KING!! Darlene and I drove up the next day because someone had to work to pay for that trip (sounds good, wait ’till Tony Serino reads that). I remember seeing the skid marks for about a mile you guys left.
        4) Speeking of road trips remember comming back from Dover one Sunday afternoon going down THE MOUNTAIN and the hood on the flat bed flying up? Was that you up under the dashboard?
        We had some GREAT times that for sure, just ask Mr. Gunn (John’s father) remember that one?
        Gald you came to the site, Dino did a good thing here. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!!
        Your M&M Bro,
        Rich
        PS: Don’t go telling everone ALL the M&M family secrets 😆

storm-king-2

Was that the old 60 something Dodge truck, with those wierd aluminum ramps that wouldn’t sit flat on the ground. If it is, I bought that from Chick before the season started in 1970. At the end of the year, I sold it back to him for what I paid for it. I raised the front of the bed up so the oil pan & headers would clear when loading & unloading. I’ve got pictures of it around somewhere.
            Bill

paul-ceasrine

Bruce & Rich,
                Now those a great stories.
                You know, the GTX had a trunk space of 21.6 cubic feet. You could have put the pieces of the trailer in the trunk, and drove it to Canada.
                Bruce, that story is worth (3) Giada’s. Rich, can you beat that.
                Buon Giorgno
                Paul

m-amp-m-speed-amp-custom

Paul:
                    😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆
                    Only you would know that!!!
                    Rich
                    Paul: Yes I can, which story do you like to hear? Me doing a burnout in reverse & hitting Ralph Fiola’ Vette? My Corvette falling off the lift with a brand new Pizza/Jenkins engine, going up for the last time to change oil filter, I have hundreds of them 😮 😳 👿 not 😎

m-amp-m-speed-amp-custom

Bill:
                        That was the truck. I do remember the bed being raised, why did you sell it back?
                        Rich

bruce

Since I posted the story on the trip to the Grand Nationals Richie called and we talked about the trip. The one thing I remembered very clearly was the trailer on the shoulder and couldn’t remember which two cars we entered (I have a tendency to forget things lately). The car on the trailer was the Dodge Dart, “Mr. Ed” and the car on the truck was Jimmy Leroux’s SS/CA Plymouth. The garage that came to assist us on I-87 towed the trailer, with the Dart on it and Chick and I followed. They fixed the broken welds and told us not to put too much stress on it and to find a certified welder when we got to Canada. Also, Richie was right as to the name of the town where the Grand Nationals was held, I remember St. Pie because that’s where we drove the truck to get the trailer hitch fixed. The welder we went to didn’t speak English, so he had his daughter interpert for us. Now you’ve all heard the farmer’s daughter jokes, well this was the welder’s daughter….and it’s no joke! She was absolutely beautiful and being that it was August she was dressed in traditional summer attire, tank top, short shorts. Chick and I couldn’t keep our eyes off of her. The welder kept looking at Chick, whose tongue was hanging out so far, it looked like a neck tie. He was trying to tell him we would have to leave the truck. Of course when she relayed that to Chick he said to me “How are you going to get back to the track”? He actually thought she wanted him to stay! The welder (St. Pie) was about 20 miles from the track and he drove us back to the track in his pickup. I think Richie and Chick went back the following day to pick it up. The only regret I have is I was the only one to witness this, as I type this I still crack up 😆
                            Bruce

m-amp-m-speed-amp-custom

Billy Ligouir & Barry Wieghall’s, 1955 Chevrolet SW is the next on the M&M sponcer list. Comming real soon.

storm-king-2

Rich,
                                    Chick asked to buy it back, & I sold it to him for what I paid for it. $600 I believe. I sat out 1971 so I didn’t need it. My partner & I built our own trailer for 1972, & I bought an enclosed truck for 73. I sold the enclosed truck to Jeruse & kilmartin the day I left to move to Tenn.
                                    Bill

m-amp-m-speed-amp-custom

Bill:
                                        I don’t remember too much anymore (it’s the Meds, I think) but I do remember the bed being tilted about 30 deg. and how much easyer it was to load, but it was a little top heavy with a Big car on the back. I had a ’57-’58 Chevy flat bed truck I was working on. I put a brand new Pont Firebird 400cu in. in it, but never used it, because I got the Bock Dragstar trailer deal and fell in love, and what a trailer that was! I think Tony & Gunn still have theirs.
                                        Rich

PS: I think we used that truck to pickup the trailers (Elkhart, Ind), two on the bed and we towed five that they stacked behind.

paul-ceasrine

Rich,
                                            Yes your ‘Reverse Burn-Out’ does top the (3) Giada’s. That’s a “Full-House”, with
                                            (3) Lollabridgida’s and a pair of Sinatra’s.
                                            As for dropping the motor, hopefully you didn’t damage any of those ‘Aluminum-Rods’, which came stock on those legal Stock and Super/Stock Chevy motors. 🙄
                                            As for that previously mentioned SS/F Camaro, that should have been in SS/D. Are you saying ‘Willie’ had a 427/425HP motor in that car, while claiming a 396/375HP. Now just who would do that… As Tiger Woods would say, “I didn’t cheat, I just had a TRANSGRESSION”.
                                            Paul,,,P.S. I’ll make the Donuts. May I have a Sweet-N-Low with my coffee, to go with that dozen donuts.

m-amp-m-speed-amp-custom

Paul:
                                                I wish it was JUST the engine!! Unfortunately the Corvette body (D/MP) was still on it!!
                                                As for the Camaro you’ll have to tell Bruce E. about that, I know “na ting”, SS/HA, HA.
                                                Sweet N’ Low !! feeling your feminine side today ? 😮
                                                Rich
                                                PS: What was the SS/V (auto) record in ’73,’74 ? Ligouri/Weighall next on my list.

dino
                                                Keymaster

Why don’t we just change this Topic heading to: “Check In Daily To The M&M Sunrise Bench Race Report” ? …more coffe sir?
                                                    Paul -Are you Hiding in A ‘Secure Location’ ? say hi to Dick and tell him to point the gun the other way.

m-amp-m-speed-amp-custom

Dino:
                                                        That’s sounds good!! We could hire, Don “Big Daddy” Garlits, Bill “Grumpy” Jenkins and hum, You as commentators? 😆
                                                        Who is Dick with the gun? Is that a inside thing? 😯 😕
                                                        Rich

patina
                                                        Participant

I thought he was talking about Dick Cheney the (shoot my friend in the face veep)

Pat MG

dino
                                                            Keymaster

Pat’s Right …Paul’s NEVER said where He is.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 175 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.