M & M Speed & Custom checking in

Forums Forums SPEED SHOPS from Dover’s past M & M Speed & Custom checking in

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 175 total)
  • Author
    m-amp-m-speed-amp-custom

Billy Liguori & Barry Weighthall bought a 1955 Cheverolet SW from Victor Chapman of Pok., it was driven on the street daily. this was the first time the two guys got together to build a car and go racing. They named the car “Easy Glider” and took turns in the driver seat. It ran SS/V with a 265cu.in. 180 Horse Power engine and Powerglide trans. They raced it on the NHRA Div.1 circuit from 1968 to late ’69. The car ran on and under the NHRA record (13.70’s @ 104+ MPH) and they made a few atemps at the record but could not ever back it up. It had a Racing Head Service (remember them) legal NHRA engine. They did pretty good together getting quite a few wins but all good things must come to a end so in 1970 they sold the car to someone (??) in Canada and ended the partnership.
        We were always very proud them repsenting M&M Speed.
        Rich & Tony

**PS: Dino I spoke to Billy this morring and he would like to find the car and buy it back!! Last known owner was in Canada, can you HELP?

Attachments:

m-amp-m-speed-amp-custom

Ronnie Morehead’s “Behemoth” Was it the answer to Joe Kenny’s “Trick Tank”?? The RIVAL of all time: 😉 Morehead vs Kenny, M&M Speed vs Jocko’s, this one should be interesting!!!!
            😎
            Any pictures and input would HELP!

dino
            Keymaster

Paul…didn’t mean to tick you off…if you don’t want to tell us where your hiding…thats cool.

m-amp-m-speed-amp-custom

If you have pictures, stories or Info please post!

m-amp-m-speed-amp-custom

Tony called last night and said he saw on http://www.racingjunk.com pg.6, that the Behemoth is for sale $75,000.00 !! What do you think of that Ronnie? 😮 That’s as bad as my ’67 Camaro RS/SS Convert 350cu.in., you bought/sold. 😥
                        Rich

mikey

Rich or Paul,
                            I might be wrong, but I’m almost positive that Jocko never had a shop in Newburgh. I’m sure he worked at least part time in the machine shop downstairs at Broadway Auto Parts in Newburgh, about 2 buildins down from Bard Chevrolet. Ray Anderson ran the machine shop, and was a partner in the business. Ray was an old circle track racer, and a great one. Rays brother Speed worked at the parts counter, had a long GO-TEE like ZZTOP.
                            Mikey 😛 😛 😛 😆

dino
                            Keymaster

BEHEMOTH :
                                http://www.racingjunk.com/category/31/Stock_Super_Stock/post/1704964/THE-BEHEMOTH-MAX-WEDGE-B-C-D-SA-1962-DODGE-.html

THE BEHEMOTH MAX WEDGE B,C,D/SA 1962 DODGE
                                COLLECTOR MOPAR RACE CAR WITH HISTORY!!!!
                                $75,000.00
                                THE BEHEMOTH 1962 DODGER DART B,C AND D/SA MAXWEDGE RACE CAR , THE BEHEMOTH IS WELL KNOW FOR THE ORIGINAL DRIVER OWNER BOB BURKITT MANY TIME NATIONAL,DIVISIONAL EVENT WINNER , RECORD SETTER AND WORLD POINT CHAMPION!!! IN ALL THREE RACING ORGANIZATIONS OF HIS DAY. NEXT RON MOOREHEAD SR. OWNED AND RACED THIS CAR UNTILL I BOUGHT IT IN 1985, IT HAS BEEN AN INTEGRAL PART OF THE VIGNOGNA RACING HERITAGE. I HAVE WON MANY RACES WITH THIS CAR MYSELF AND IT HAS BEEN DRIVEN BY MANY WELL KNOWN RACERS OVER THE LAST 25 YEARS, IT IS STILL A VERY COMPETITIVE RACE CAR TODAY, THE CAR NEEDS A NEW CHAPTER AND A NEW OWNER TO ADD TO ITS LONG PEDIGREE OF RACING.
                                THE PRESENT ENGINE IS A 413 CI 410/395 HP MAX WEDGE IT HAS JE PISTONS MANLEY RODS TOTAL SEAL RINGS CLEVITE BEARINGS MELLING OIL PUMP BULLETT CAM CRANE ROCKERS STAGE TWO “286” CASTING PREPARED BY DVORAK CYLINDER HEADS STAGE TWO CROSS RAM CARTER 9625 CARBS HOOKER 2″ HEADERS ULTIMATE TORQUE CONVERTER CABLE SHIFT TRANS AND A DANA 60 AT THE BACK, THE CAR USUALLY RUNS 10.95 TO 11.00 IN D/SA @ 3925#, 60′ 1.45

WHOMEVER BUYS THIS CAR IS GETTING A PART OF THE BIRTH OF S/SS RACING AND ARGUABLY THE MOST TALKED ABOUT STOCKER OF ITS TIME!
                                Seller Phone Number: (845) 298 – 9041
                                This item is NEW
                                Trades ACCEPTED: I AM WILLING TO MAKE A CASH AND VEHICLE COMBINED TRADE.CASH SALE VEHICLE ONLY TRADE IF IT IS WHAT I WANT, I DO NOT HAVE ANY TYPE OF CAR IN MIND, PLEASE ASK IF YOU HAVE AN IDEA I WILL ENTERTAIN ALL OFFERS.
                                Payment options:
                                CASH ONLY
                                Item Location: HOPEWELL JUNCTION, NY

m-amp-m-speed-amp-custom

Dino:
                                    I saw that, but it is written by the seller, I want the real scoop!! Marty (4X4) is going to get the info from the guy we know made it memorabilia and that is Ronnie Morehead. I spoke to him and he also has Hampe’s ’62 and a few other Mopars.
                                    But, thank you. You should have some stories about the car or were you gone by then?
                                    Rich

dino
                                    Keymaster

No I remember it …1969 World Stock Elim. Champion…It had cool lettering by the “Dauber’ from Kentucky..Left on from Burkett. Dauber did a lot of Ohio cars…First Rod Shop Team and early pro cars,gassers.
                                        Same CAR…original white…now RED ?

Attachments:

m-amp-m-speed-amp-custom

WOW!! now thats what I’m talking about, just need to find some with the M&M logo. Maybe Ronnie has some, we will find out soon.
                                            Thank you Dino,
                                            Rich

PS: Maybe even “BEHEMOTH” vs The “TANK” 😎

mikey

I wonder if that guy would trade for my tool box. I could deliver the box, and pick up the car ! Hmmm….
                                                Mikey 😮 😯 🙄

m-amp-m-speed-amp-custom

Mikey:
                                                    That sounds more like it! $35,000.00 😉
                                                    Rich

m-amp-m-speed-amp-custom

To ALL the M&M family. We are so grateful to Dino for putting this site together. I have forgot all the FRIENDS I had from 34 years ago and the new FRIENDS we now have.
                                                        When you live away from home for so long and live somewhere, where the people are just out for themselves you forget about the people like you all. THANK YOU for remembering us and being you!

MERRY CHRISTMAS & GOD BLESS !!!
                                                        “DON’T LET THEM TAKE THE CHRIST OUT OF CHRISTMAS”

Attachments:

m-amp-m-speed-amp-custom

Here some pictures of the orginal building we open in 1966 400 sq ft. We stayed there till 1968 and then I moved to the biger store 4,000 sq ft. It was a “OUTHOUSE” (Realy, for you younger Guy’s & Gal’s that’s a Restroom) behind my father’s Shell Station (Vic’s Garage) on Rt.44 in Poughkeepsie, NY. The other pictures are of the original sign & the M&M Club. We did pretty GOOD as a club!!

Attachments:

fourbyfour
                                                            Participant

Rich,
                                                                First of all, Happy New Year,second of all if that last picture is of you …..it should have a number under the picture!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Just kidding buddy…I hope all is well with you and I’ll be talking to you soon. Marty

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 175 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.