"Parked in A Rickity Old Garage……"

Forums Forums CURRENT MEMBERS RIDES / RACING "Parked in A Rickity Old Garage……"

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 232 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Wow…My Brother of the brush (Walter) got the trunk early as Jason did his color blend magic a few doors away. The Lettering Package I did ,will arrive Friday via UPS . I’ve Duplicated the original Super Pumpkin & Casey Engineering hand lettering I did in ’69, by scanning into my graphics program ,new hand done black & white art,then editting and outputting to my vinyl cutter. Kind of old style and new technology combined. Took some time but Done .Also in the mix is early 70’s style california, Funny Car hand lettering look for RCE, with a new logo for them. And we threw in a “flower power’ Dover Logo Too.I left a few areas for Walter to Twek with his #1 lettering quill brush ,thats just too fine to cut in vinyl. Will add that old style authenticity. This car is such a Melting pot of Dover Guy Talent ,it’s amazing…paint,motor,trans,interior …all the stuff.! Oh-those taped on square things with the zebra stripes on the trunk, are Walter’s palette to load and test his brush with .

dino
        Keymaster

hmmmmmm…..3 sign shops in the mix…should be interesting Louie-Walter & Me ….those photos Don’t do the paint job justice…need sunglasses when it’s outside !

don-kauer

Well I’m watching the store while the Rox man is out for a few days………Went to Walters Sign Shop and gave the Mystery Mopar a good solid look over……….I need to say that Jay did a mint , awesome job on the paint…Show Quality!!! 😀 Walter has the trunk done and was prepping for body lettering…….Again, awesome work….Probably by Friday the car will be at the RCE facility for the 440 and Torqueflite implant……………Lookin’ good 😀 😀 😀 ……….Don……

mikey

I can’t wait to see, and hear SP VII in person. I think the whole deal is first class. …………Mikey 😆

tomblake
                    Participant

I have followed your story from the beginning and I agree with mikey, just can’t wait to see it in person at the 2nd nostalgia race. When you first rolled it out of the old garage I would never have guessed your project would have turned out like it has so far. What a great job.

dino
                        Keymaster

WHOA -BABY ! is that Boss or what ?…..period slang to fit the look…such a meeting of the talents ! Walter-Louie-Jason- oh….me…Speed Casey …THE senior Technical advisor has to approve the appearance before we can see the entire car ……watch for the latest updates.

john-sachs-sr
                            Participant

😀 😀 😀
                                1 word………..amazing
                                John

mikey
                                    quote john sachs,sr.:

😀 😀 😀
                                    1 word………..amazing
                                    John

My sentiments exactly!! 😮 😯 😆

tomatohead
                                    Participant

……….. yes amazing to just say a word 😉 but we know what really goes into these “machines” …………. just amazing ………………

dino
                                        Keymaster

Me want full side view outside …..Please ?

dino
                                            Keymaster

OH doody

john-sachs-sr
                                                Participant

John,
                                                    You,Kauer,and Speed need to call “Hot Rod” mag,and get a story on this extremely worthy piece. 🙂 😎 😉
                                                    John

dino
                                                    Keymaster

Hmmmm …I’ll ask randy At Drag Racer If he’s interested.

mikey

She’s looking good, Shimer. Can’t wait to see the car outside. September is just around the corner. ……….Mikey 😆

dino
                                                            Keymaster

Its come to my attention, that as we call Paul’s Gasser a “Tribute Willys “( the Lithuanian Locomotive)…That this project is also rightfully a Dover Tribute .!…It will also recieve a “Freds Speed Shop” sponsor along with Casey and Kauer….It has Dover right on it and Riley is a Dover veteran as is of course -John. (Candlewood Customs) .

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 232 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.