Repairs for Papa’s Toy. From Engine woes, to now it GOES!!

Forums Forums CURRENT MEMBERS RIDES / RACING Repairs for Papa’s Toy. From Engine woes, to now it GOES!!

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 414 total)
  • Author
    smokey-dragct
    Participant

good luck mikey

mikey

Well, I got good and bad news. I got the OK to get back in the “Toy”, but I still have a couple of procedures to go through that will require 2 short Hospital stays. If it all checks out, I will be re-attached. We are probably talking about 1 to 2 months until the final surgery. I’, a little dis appointed, but very optimistic. I’ll keep you all informed. :mrgreen:

john-sachs-sr
            Participant

Mikey,
                Keep the positive attitude. 🙂 We’re praying for you.
                John

340swinger
                Participant

Here’s something I know you’ll like, and it’s not too far away !

Bob Hoffman

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/281645201334?clk_rvr_id=806008270364&rmvSB=true

mikey

Thanks, Bob, that’s pretty cool. I would not change anything about it. Mine is a fiberglass replica, so I can “abuse” it a little. I’m building a .060 over 400 for it right now. 413 cubes. Just waiting for a call from the machine shop. :mrgreen: 😆

patina
                        Participant

Mikey is it done yet 🙄 I was just down at Jack Merkels Thursday and picked up heads for my friends car (Aero Locksmith Nova) he’s running a 406 small block just finishing it up. I spoke to Jack and son Scott and I’m building a 327 for the MG with flat top pistons and a hydraulic roller cam and my same angle plug bowtie 2.02 heads. I have to slow the MG up some and also want to run pump gas so this should do the trick.

Pat

mikey

Good luck slowing that little pocket rocket down!! Oh, have you ever thought about running E-85?? I’ve been running it for about 4 years now, and the car really likes it. It’s almost like Methanol, burns cool and clean and it’s fairly cheap, about the price of Regular gas, and sometimes a little less. If you keep the injectors, you can just change the pill, right?? Anyway, have fun and good luck. I’ll post some pictures of my build as time goes by. :mrgreen:

tomblake
                                Participant

Pat ….We took Mikey’s advice and have been on E85 in the supercharged Mustang for more than 3 years. It is way cheaper than race gas and have purchased it for as much as 60 cents less than the 93 octane pump gas. Seems like most folks don’t know is comes out of the pump at 107 octane and NASCAR has been using it for years. We saved so much money we were able to buy a 55 Chevy. 😮 😆

mikey

Well, as promised, some pictures of my 413 engine build. I’m really excited about this!! :mrgreen:

Attachments:

mikey

Would only let me load ten. Here are the rest. :mrgreen: The next step will be installing the new Wiseco Pistons on the new 6″ Eagle Rods. I already checked connecting rod clearances, and they have plenty of room to the block, lower cylinders, and the cam. After fitting the rods and the pistons, I’ll do the ring end-gaps for each cylinder. More pics to come as I proceed with the build. Hope you like what I’ve posted so far. :mrgreen: ………………….Mikey 😆

Attachments:

tomblake
                                            Participant

Mikey…..Looks like you realty going to town on the build. Does it go into the Willy’s when done or keeping it as a spare?

mikey

Tom, it’s going into the Willys, and the engine that’s in the Willys will either be sold, or used as a spare I really have not had time to think it over. I do have a new set of Keith Black pistons, .040 over that I want to put in that engine, but I want to keep the 6″ rods and put 5.7s back in it. The cam will stay in it, and that engine is already a .040 over so it won’t need any machine work, just a little cleaning. The pistons that are in the engine now are Venolia with a pretty high dome. The KB pistons are flat tops and that will make the motor a little more street-able, but still good enough to race. ………………Mikey :mrgreen:

mikey

Just some of the new parts that will go into the engine. More pictures as the new parts arrive. Oil pan is on the way, new roller lifters and 1.5 roller rocker arms, new push rods, oil pump and pick-up, special head gaskets, and few other goodies. 😯 😮 😆 :mrgreen: …………..Mikey

Attachments:

mikey

Sorry I have not been on in a while, lots of other projects and some family issues to deal with. All is good now. Rods are on the pistons( I still hate those damn “Spiral Locks” ) 😈 , and the rings are on the pistons and they are ready to be installed. I hope to have the short block finished tomorrow. Just waiting for a copper oil pump gasket so I can mount the pump and get the oil pan installed. I will be taking some more pictures of some new parts, and my progress on the engine. I will still need the intake and cylinder heads off of the motor that’s in the “Toy”, also the crank trigger set-up and the pulley for the alternator 🙄 . I’m still pondering running the car once more, but I can’t make up my mind. 😕 …………..Mikey :mrgreen:

patina
                                                            Participant

Mikey glad to see you’re still plugging along. I would change that stuff over and run the new motor, no sense in taking any chances hurting the motor you’re taking out.

Pay

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 414 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.