SCHLEGEL GETS HELLZAPOPPIN !

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION SCHLEGEL GETS HELLZAPOPPIN !

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 147 total)
  • Author
    bobby-s
        quote dinotheweirdo:

Bob Swanson is still restoring ol Ally Opp.in Ridgefield.that would be cool Though…You And Abbott!

control yourself Costello

this is the best– 😆 😆 😆

maso
        Participant
            quote BOBBY S.:

quote dinotheweirdo:

Bob Swanson is still restoring ol Ally Opp.in Ridgefield.that would be cool Though…You And Abbott!

control yourself Costello

this is the best– 😆 😆 😆
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sShMA85pv8M

Would Ron Abbott drive it for Bob Schlegel…?

How much do you think it would cost to pay Don Garlits to send someone up to Island Dragway with The Road Knight’s A/D with the Ram wedge 413 and the K-88…? And is John Fico still around…???

vbob
            Participant

HEY

Rumor, Paul upgraded his NHRA license ,could this be the driver for 2010!!
                ‘V’

Attachments:

dino
                Keymaster

“How much do you think it would cost to pay Don Garlits to send someone up to Island Dragway with The Road Knight’s A/D with the Ram wedge 413 and the K-88?”…..First would he do it? -propbably not and second: How much …TOO much.

patina
                    Participant

Yous guys keep joking around alot BUT I see a trend that seems to be happening across the country and on the sites like Dover, HAMB, Nitro Geezers, etc. California has its reunions and “Cackle Fests” GoodGuys and NHRA have Hot Rod Reunions. We should think a little more about how relative this movement has become and really ORGANIZE it here on the East Coast. With all of the Nostalgia Cars in the group original and clones plus the ones being restored or coming out of the woodwork (so to speak) I see the Dover Drag Strip Nostalgia Drags an event to attend on a NATIONAL calender. Randy you care to opine here or am I just biased and looking through my rose colored goggles.

Pat

dino
                        Keymaster

Pat…we are in contact with many that put on their own independant event like us…Working on the phones with some to get an Asociation type thing going to make a “calendar” so the splintered groups support each other …ECNA East Coast Nostalgia Association ? member Tracks & Events…..know who to talk to.

bobby-s

here is a group shot
                                of the chassis, headers and some items
                                already to be put on

safety stuff coming alone great
                                Bobby L. is on a roll gonna be
                                better than SWEET when done.

thanks for the interest

Bobby S.

(paul looks a-scared with it not even running 🙄 😆 😮 )

Attachments:

maso
                                Participant

Attn: Pat and Dino

Here is something that I posted about this over at the “Tim Condor Nails It” posting of a few months ago:

http://www.doverdragstrip.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1880&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

quote Maso:

Important, Go see: http://www.yorkus30.com/pr.html

I can see a day when many of the local tracks, both existing and closed down will have “Nostalgia” groups like ours and York’s.

If you study the history of Hot Rodding, you can see that things happen that way. Consider how Hot Rodding began in southern California. They started speed trials on the dry lakes beds of the Mojave Desert in the late 1920’s with stripped down Model-Ts… Then the Southern California Timing Association formed. That’s the SCTA and still exists. But you couldn’t join the SCTA, you had to form a “Car Club” like the “Oilers” or the “Cam Busters” and the club became a charter club and that’s how it worked.

That is Hot Rod Tradition… in a nutshell. I see a pattern here. I have a vision of an umbrella organization for Nostalgia racing that could likewise have charter member groups like the “Old Farts of Dover” and the “York U.S. 30 Guys”… soon the “Bakersfield Smokers” and maybe the “Amarillo Hot Shots” or something like that, nationally. Do you get my drift…?

This will lead to the possibility of one group challenging another group for a regional “showdown” and that will bring an element of competition into the mix and I know that would really stimulate things.

What do you think…? I am just projecting my thoughts into the future. Comments, anyone…???

Maso

mikey

Sounds like a pretty good idea, but I’ll bet that commitments will be tough to get and hold onto. You’re talking cross country, up and down, sideways, etc. Could be fun, but will be expensive…………………..Mikey 😮 😆

bobby-s

back to the dragster,,, 😛
                                            some members asked for pictures of the headers
                                            they remember them on the original chassis 😮
                                            so I put a few here of them on the motor before I
                                            took them to Central Ct. Coatings,
                                            talked to Bobby L. today
                                            going to the shop monday for a sizeing
                                            for throttle pedal & brake master cylinder
                                            these pictures are before the second hoop was put back on

thanks for asking about her,,

Bobby S.

Attachments:

maso
                                            Participant

Those headers are an important aspect of the first Helzapoppin’s appearance, for sure.

dino
                                                Keymaster

You’re really making progress on the old girl. Wish the AlleyOop car could be done, to pair you guys up with another Photo-op Recreation…have to contact Bob Swanson on that.

bobby-s

took her home today from Bobby LaRegina’s
                                                        SWEET,, 😉 I made one picture for everyone interested
                                                        to see, save space and show the awesome work Bobby
                                                        did to her, 😯 now paint is ordered, starting to take her apart
                                                        and get into it, also talked to Gene at Central Ct. Coatings
                                                        headers are done and are BRIGHT, 😮 he is happy with the
                                                        look, the hilborn stacks hopefully will be done this week, 😛
                                                        the old girl is coming along great so I decided to send
                                                        the axle and wish bone bar out to get rechromed also.. 😎
                                                        enjoy the picture and
                                                        thanks for the interest in her,,
                                                        later
                                                        Bobby S.

Attachments:

don-kauer

Bobby, I hope you took your shoes off when you were in Bobby’s shop….You wouldn’t want to get the cardboard dirty 😆 😆 😆

frank-j-majauskas
                                                            Participant

Looking GREAT Bobby ! Can’t wait to see her at Island
                                                                in the fall.
                                                                Frank…

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 147 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.