Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Viewing 15 posts - 6,226 through 6,240 (of 7,851 total)
  • Author
    babycakes
    Participant

‘Tempting’ Bob,and the price is decent,for sure. Wish it were a ‘coupe’, but I’m ‘ dreaming’,for that price!!! lol. 😆 Mr. Pete.

vbob
        Participant

HEY

Shelter Logic in Watertown, Ct. is having their fall factory sale wed Oct. 5th to sat. the 8th!!!
            Good deals on all their stuff!! ‘V’

http://www.shelterlogicdirect.com/fallsale/

babycakes
            Participant

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BILLY MASIELLO !!!! Best wishes Bill,and ‘many’ more to come!!! 😉 😀 Pete.

babycakes
                Participant

Talk about ‘club’ member ‘dedication’,I THANK ‘ALL’ the ODF members who contributed all the ‘WONDERFUL’ photos,and film coverage,
                    of the “Dover’ Nostalgia Drags this year!!!! What a pleasure it is to capture this ‘record’ event, with greatful,and thoughtful people like you! Your the ‘best’,and my hats off to you!!!! “MANY THANKS” again!!!….Mr. Pete.

dino
                    Keymaster

Matthew Blew thru here since yesterday…Almost gone…winds not so bad now…. but was bad … LOTS of rain …some roads flooded and closed…crap blown all over the roads.But tomorrow all clear ,sunny in the 70’s. what a differance a day makes. House lost power today for 3 hours and internet/phones at shop in & out all day.Got our Hotels full with evacuees from the coast…Wilmington down to Myrtle Beach. These shots just down the street from my shop…3 ft. of water on main highway.

Attachments:

vbob
                        Participant

HEY

Great ta hear you weathered the storm!!!!!!!!

‘V’

vbob
                            Participant

HEY
                                Saw this cool ramp truck f/s yesterday!

‘V’

Attachments:

dino
                                Keymaster
                                    quote VBOB:

HEY

Great ta hear you weathered the storm!!!!!!!!

‘V’

Huh…My wife just ‘tryed ‘ to Go to Fayetteville ( about a 45 min drive).She was turned back with crowded roads all leaving the area…Seems theres a Dam ready to break in the County north of us And they are evacuating Fort Bragg and Pope Air Force Base .With Bragg Blvd. in Fayettevile already flooded. And it won’t go away. Suns out at Shop…Power still out all over our county.We still have no Cable / Tv at Home since Sat at 2 :45.

vbob
                                    Participant

HEY

There will be a baby boom in July 2017!!!!

‘V’

vbob
                                        Participant

HEY

Gotta get Kman a video camera for Christmas!

‘V’

frank-j-majauskas
                                            Participant

Hey Guys, Mike L. and myself visited with Paul Bayarinas today. He injured himself when a ladder
                                                kicked out on him while he was working on his house. Messed up his knee pretty good. Paul is
                                                always a fun person to spend time with. His interest has drifted from his race car and onto his
                                                latest purchase, a 24 ft sail boat. He did open the garage to show us the retired Willys aka
                                                the “Lithuanian Locomotive”. It was kind of bitter / sweet seeing the Willys….. 😮

Frank… 😎

Attachments:

patina
                                                Participant

I’m off to Jack Merkel’s with the parts for a new motor for the MG. A flat top piston 327″ motor, nothing wrong with the old John Gunn built 355″ in fact it ran too good. We have to slow the car down some so this is what I decided. The 355″ motor is for sale less Hilborn and magneto, $3500. runs 10.60’s easily in 2260# car. Would go nice in Paul’s Willys!

Pat

babycakes
                                                    Participant

Seeing these depressing photos of Paul B’s ’34’ Willys AA/GS, really saddens me,and I’m sure there’s a line behind me,thinking the same! As I hear say,Paul had a goal in mind,all along,that ‘magic’ 8 second, e.t.and he accomplished it! You don’t have to convince me how much $$$$ it costs to run a big block ‘blown’ motor,and being a retired married man, I’m sure it put a big dent in his wallet,just for the upkeep,and maintainence, of the 8 second beast!!! So…..’mission accomplished’…Paul’s very happy with that,with all the blood-sweat-and tears he put into it. And now it’s ‘break’ time,for him and,his wonderful wife Linda,to do some ‘overdue’ R&R, for whatever they choose to do; they earned it!!! Guys, ‘it is what it is’,and maybe someday Paul may decide to run his ‘beautiful’ Willys again! ❓ ❓ ❓ ❓ Mr.Pete.

dino
                                                        Keymaster

Me Too…But the increased costs of keeping up with NHRA’s constant yearly safety upgrades has to be entered into the equation…Paul said it was a LOT of money just to pass tech.

dino
                                                            Keymaster

Ok ….Time for a laugh…If you remember the original, filmed close to Dover. ..Dirty Dancing : In the summer of 1963, 17 year-old Frances “Baby” Houseman (Jennifer Grey) is vacationing with her affluent family at Kellerman’s, a resort in the Catskill Mountains. This is the Final Song .https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpmILPAcRQo

Now WATCH THIS ! . . . . .

Viewing 15 posts - 6,226 through 6,240 (of 7,851 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.