Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Viewing 15 posts - 6,886 through 6,900 (of 7,851 total)
  • Author
    babycakes
    Participant

Frank the weather temps have really hit us hard up north! I had -24 below at 5:30 this morning! Help on the way Monday it looks,maybe mid 20’s….a ‘heat wave’!!! lol. 🙄 Pete.

frank-j-majauskas
        Participant

WOW Pete..I guess my temps are t-shirt weather 😆
            You be careful Pete ❗ You just made me feel a little warmer ❗
            Take care my friend….

Frank… 😎

vbob
            Participant

HEY

It wont be long !!
                ‘V’

Attachments:

babycakes
                Participant

There ya go Bob, something to look forward to, in a few more months!!! I understand Jacksonville Florida may get hit with some cool weather and snow tomorrow? Now I don’t feel so bad up here in Yankee territory! Also curious to find out if Pat D. ( ‘Baby Torque’) been hitting the slopes with his skii’s to brave the elements, or waiting for above zero temps.? 🙄 Pete.

maso
                    Participant

V-Bob…

I see your fishing rod there in the picture stuck in the sand… Did you catch anything…?

You MUST drop into the museum at Ocala… you’ll be glad you did. There is one DDS car there, John Fico’s purple “Road Knights” A/D with the Scotty Fenn K-88 chassis and the MoPar 413 ci wedge with the factory intake manifold. Don Garlits Museum of Drag Racing… Excellent.

Also… See if there’s anything shakin’ at the historic Desoto Speedway at Bradenton, they put on some fine events in the winter months. The West Palm Beach Dragway is also worthwhile. They have spent a lot of money there for improvements… Top notch track if they only had a better laid out pit area.

If you’re still there in March, Gatornationals up in Gainsville… Go for it. That’s where Kenny Burnstein clocked the first 300 mph run.

patina
                        Participant

Kevin Dunn’s willys is also there Maso and maybe a few others, also I think that’s an old picture of VB.

Pat

vbob
                            Participant

HEY

Tom, I go to Charlestown Breachway R I!
                                Gees, I hope I dont catch a fish and have to get all fishy! LOL! In the breachway I caught some schoolie stripers !
                                Yes, Ive been to BIGS and Gainsville in the past!
                                Nice to go to in March !
                                ‘V’

vbob
                                Participant

HEY

One snow storm cleaned up !!
                                    ‘V’

Attachments:

vbob
                                    Participant

HEY

Its sure cold but this might make you feel a little better! ~82 below zero Mount Washington, N. H.
                                        ‘V’

https://www.mountwashington.org/

kman
                                        Participant

Yup …. wish i was there… NOT !!! …

john-sachs-sr
                                            Participant

Mecum Auction Kissimmee.
                                                Wife and I are going either Tues. or Wed. of next week depending on the weather. Just looking.
                                                John

fastlane

ATTENTION Just a quick update for anyone who ever dragraced cars or motorcycle whatever at atco raceway / dragway in south jersey back in the day. Legendary Track owner Big Joe Sway Sr. Has Passed Away Over The Weekend R.I.P. 😥

babycakes
                                                    Participant

I just got the sad and ‘heartbreaking’ news. Jack Merkel, a living ‘gasser’ legend, passed away yesterday Sunday! For those who knew him, he was like a ‘mentor’ if you were involved running a Willys gasser, back in the day! I myself, respected him, having such mechanical skills, always a step above others in his competition gasser classes! May he rest in peace Jack, you will not be forgotten!…Pete.

hvy70ss
                                                        Participant

So sad to hear about the passing of Jack Merkel. I first met him in the early ’70’s when he was working for S/K Speed in Long Island. He did all my motor work right up until he closed his shop on the island. Glad I got to see him get inducted to the Hall of Fame @ the NHRA Hot Rod Reunion In Epping a few years ago. RIP Jack…you were the best!!

Bobby Smith

john-sachs-sr
                                                            Participant

RIP Jack Merkel. 🙁
                                                                Friend and competitor.

Viewing 15 posts - 6,886 through 6,900 (of 7,851 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.