Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Viewing 15 posts - 7,531 through 7,545 (of 7,851 total)
  • Author
    patina
    Participant

Well I forgot all about a room until brother Mike mentioned it, I got what I believe was the last room at the Comfort Inn. VB told me which hotel was the host. Got my belts in now it time to load things up.

Pat

frank-j-majauskas
        Participant

We had a great time at the 28th Annual Thomaston Main Street Cruise yesterday (Sunday).
            Lots of cars backed in on both sides of the street. Something like 500+ cars.
            Music playing all day, food court, silent auction, craft show etc. When they
            played the National Anthem, you could hear a pin drop. Very nice! A great day!
            Hey, I even made the morning paper. 🙂 Oh, I spent some time chatting with Dick Doyle,
            aka The Blown Hearse. He will be at the Dover event at the end of the month.

Frank…

Attachments:
            You must be logged in to view attached files.
            maso
            Participant

We had a great time at the 28th Annual Thomaston Main Street Cruise yesterday (Sunday).Frank…

Did they have that at the same time as the Bethlehem County Fair…?

If they did… it seems like bad planning.

I was just up that way two weeks ago.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by maso.
                frank-j-majauskas
                Participant

Yes Maso, It was on Sunday, the same weekend as the Bethlehem Country Fair. This was the
                    28th annual Thomaston Main Street Cruise. There’s no way that the fair interfered or hindered the success of the Main Street event!

Frank…

babycakes
                    Participant

I talked to a lady friend of mine who was at the Car Show in Lake George Village,
                        this past weekend. Not as much as usual ‘hot rods’ and ‘show cars’ showed up,
                        compared to last year; however the place seemed packed with spectators!
                        I was at the ‘Village’,Monday, and spoke to a L.G. grounds keeper. He told me
                        the ‘Village’ gave out more than 1000 parking ticket violations!!! I know for
                        ‘fact’ there strict , with ‘parking’ laws!!!……Pete.

patina
                        Participant

Loading up the tool boxes then the car 2 weeks to go!

Pat

babycakes
                            Participant

There ya go Pat! Just like waiting for Christmas morning, when we were kids, can’t “WAIT”!!!!….Pete.

Kevin
                                Participant

Hey everyone, new to the forum here! This might be a long shot, but I was wondering if anyone in the area (Wingdale/Dover) might be interested in a project I’m doing on the Dover Drag Strip. I grew up in the area and graduated from Dover a few years back, and I’ve been fascinated by the history of the strip ever since.

I’m trying to make a project that honors the spirt of the drag strip, and I plan to use both old archive photos from the strip, and present-day portraits and pictures of the area. If this sounds like something you’d be interested in, or you’d like to chat about your memories at the strip and have a portrait or two taken, please let me know.. Thanks all.

patina
                                    Participant

Kevin are you going to go to the race in 2 weeks? I would be willing to talk with you as I’m sure a lot of old racers would be. That would be the place to start.

Pat

maso
                                        Participant

Kevin really came to the right place for that…!

kman
                                            Participant

Kevin…. you just hit the jackpot …

K

Kevin
                                                Participant

Thank you all for the info! I didn’t know that there was an upcoming race, so I’ll definitely make my way there and say hello. In the meantime if anyone wants to lend a bit of their time to talk about their time at the strip and sit for a photo, let me know. I’ll buy ya a drink! 🙂

babycakes
                                                    Participant

WELL ??? Are ya’s ‘ready for some “DOVER” rock and roll’ ????? Bring it on!!!!…..Pete.

ricky-white
                                                        Participant

All loaded up and ready to go

Attachments:
                                                            You must be logged in to view attached files.
                                                            patina
                                                            Participant

So am I. Just loaded it up today, it started up and I drove it in the trailer. Thats a good thing.

Pat

Viewing 15 posts - 7,531 through 7,545 (of 7,851 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.