Current street toy

Forums Forums CURRENT MEMBERS RIDES / RACING Current street toy

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 237 total)
  • Author
    babycakes
    Participant

Congrats Mikey! Nice to see you have a ‘dual’ purpose hot rod street and strip car now! Also being in the top 20 for a checkered flag in the show.I’m sure you remember back when you had a dual purpose hot rod;driving it during the week,then on Sundays popping off the hub caps,remove the spare and air cleaner,bump up the timing,and then hit the staging lanes.That’s ‘past tense’ nowadays;now either opened or enclosed trailers are used,and drag racing expenses today sure thins out the wallet in comparison,but that’s Drag Racin’!!!!

tomblake
        Participant

Loaded and ready to head up north. Assembly complete (I hope) test drove the Mustang up the street after changing the engine, transmission, converter, overdrive and a different driveshaft. We had a year to get ready but didn’t finish till today. It didn’t help that we broke the other tested engine last week. Now here we are ready to come visit our friends at the third annual Dover race ready or not. We will be leaving tomorrow morning, Friday

vbob
            Participant

HEY
                Best of luck,have a safe trip wave to Dino and Mikey on the way!!!See you on the 20th!!!

‘V’

babycakes
                Participant

Nice going Tom,looks like the Mustang is ‘ready to rock’! Have a save trip up,and keep the faith it’ll run as good as it looks on your trailer now!

dino
                    Keymaster

Just talked to Tom..He was AT Summit Racing in Ga. gettig more goodies for the ‘stang!

dino
                        Keymaster

Yesterday as Tom & Mary pulled off the Exit to meet me….Advance Guard of Florida Team .

Attachments:

dino
                            Keymaster

Ready to ‘transfer’ ‘Ordinance”

Attachments:

dino
                                Keymaster

“WAVE TO THE FANS TOM” ! we even stuffed things in the Race Car 😮

Attachments:

tomblake
                                    Participant

Made it to Virigina. Rode the motorcycle all day in the mountains yesterday. Planing to head north when the weather clears, just a little rain this morning than it should be good.

super-sport-pete

TOM, i tip my hat to you for the motor thrash and driving from FLA. you should get some sort of an award. GOOD LUCK at the race.

mikey

You never know. He got the “longest distance towed” award at the first DDS Nostalgia Drags, I won it last year, who knows about this year. I think it will go to Dennis”Dennis the Menace”Stabile, who’s towing up from Ft Lauderdale, Fl.
                                                …………………………Mikey 😆

vbob
                                                Participant

HEY
                                                    Mikey, I hear a racer with a gasser is towing from Lithuania to the Dover Drag Strip Race!!!

‘V’

Attachments:

tomblake
                                                    Participant

After getting back from the Dover race and driving to a couple of local car shows the newly installed engine started to leak coolant from the #2 headed tube. Pulled the engine out to find a broken valve guide.
                                                        The supercharged 572 engine will be going back into the car. The failed supercharger didn’t damage the short block. While the heads were off I did some port and polish work. Than took the heads to the shop for a competition valve job. The engine is now complete and after several car modifications it will be installed. Should be running early next week.

Attachments:

mikey

I didn’t take any pictures yet, of the Willy’s, or the Durango. My tow vehicle is up and running, and seems to be good. New heads, a couple of hoses, cap and rotor, new plugs, new PCV valve. A set of plug wires were put on it last year just before towing to Island. Today, I had to check out the battery, the Durango was not starting very well. Sure enough, a bad cell and a weak one. Now its got a new battery to go along with all the other parts. As far as the Willy’s, I’m going to pull out the rest of the lifters, and all the rod and main bearings for a look. I’ve decided on all new lifters, no used stuff. Hopefully, I will only find normal wear on the rod and main bearings. Going to see if I can get a bore and stroke reading from the bottom, I should be able to get close. Maybe some pics in a couple of days. …..Mikey 😆

maso
                                                            Participant
                                                                quote mikey:

I didn’t take any pictures yet, of the Willy’s, or the Durango. My tow vehicle is up and running, and seems to be good. New heads, a couple of hoses, cap and rotor, new plugs, new PCV valve. A set of plug wires were put on it last year just before towing to Island. Today, I had to check out the battery, the Durango was not starting very well. Sure enough, a bad cell and a weak one. Now its got a new battery to go along with all the other parts. As far as the Willy’s, I’m going to pull out the rest of the lifters, and all the rod and main bearings for a look. I’ve decided on all new lifters, no used stuff. Hopefully, I will only find normal wear on the rod and main bearings. Going to see if I can get a bore and stroke reading from the bottom, I should be able to get close. Maybe some pics in a couple of days. …..Mikey 😆

Glad to hear all of this…

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 237 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.