Current street toy

Forums Forums CURRENT MEMBERS RIDES / RACING Current street toy

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 237 total)
  • Author
    mikey
        quote TomBlake:

Thursday night test results for the Mustang. It took three carburetors and 5 passes but got into the 6’s at 103+ mph but not with the 1150’s. After trying both 1150’s we put on the 1050 and ran a best of 6.92 at 103.33 with a 1.56 60 foot.
        Now waiting on the alky carburetor, already have the fuel, maybe next Thursday at Lakeland.
        mikey…..We may get older but no one said we have to grow up. Maybe it’s my second childhood, whatever it is it is fun.

Tom, my Dad would say”Michael, are you having fun?”, and then he would say”Just remember, you can’t beat fun for having a good time!” 😆 Damn, I really miss him and my Mom. 🙁 If I have my Demon done, I’ll meet you down there. Maybe I’ll come anyway, and try out Tony’s 2bbl. I’m curious to see how fast it is on just 2bbl’s. 😆

mikey

OK, I’m now officially going GREEN! I got my E85 Conversion Kit today, and I’m really excited. Took the BG Demon all apart and cleaned all the parts that I’ll be re-using. Then I did “the build”. I put the carb on the car, and it fired right up, left all the preliminary adjustments that I made to it alone, and it runs perfect so far. I let the car get to about 170 degrees,(it took forever) and then romped on it. The throttle response is amazing, and no hesitation or bog. The car really sounds great, and I can’t wait to get it to the track. I really like the idea that it took so long to warm up. About 10 minutes, and that was without the fan on, just the electric water pump. I think this is going to be a real good move. Tom Blake should have his carb back soon, so we can go and play. …………Mikey 😆

tomblake
            Participant

Looks like I will have my carburetor back this week but I think Justus got held up with the storms that went through his area on Monday. If it comes before Thursday afternoon I will be looking to test Thursday evening. Than mikey we can play nice together.

tomblake
                Participant

UPS truck showed up at 5:00 pm Thursday and 5:30 we were headed to the dragstrip. The Mustang seems to like the alcohol. The track wasn’t that good, 15 mph direct headwind and blowing sand on the track. The car ran the quickest 60′ time ever and seemed to be more consistent. Attached picture is from that test and tune.

Attachments:

don-kauer
                        quote mikey:

quote TomBlake:

Thursday night test results for the Mustang. It took three carburetors and 5 passes but got into the 6’s at 103+ mph but not with the 1150’s. After trying both 1150’s we put on the 1050 and ran a best of 6.92 at 103.33 with a 1.56 60 foot.
                        Now waiting on the alky carburetor, already have the fuel, maybe next Thursday at Lakeland.
                        mikey…..We may get older but no one said we have to grow up. Maybe it’s my second childhood, whatever it is it is fun.

Tom, my Dad would say”Michael, are you having fun?”, and then he would say”Just remember, you can’t beat fun for having a good time!” 😆 Damn, I really miss him and my Mom. 🙁 If I have my Demon done, I’ll meet you down there. Maybe I’ll come anyway, and try out Tony’s 2bbl. I’m curious to see how fast it is on just 2bbl’s. 😆

Back in the 70’s at the AHRA Spring Nationals I set the National ET record 10.79 for C/HR Formula 3 with my 3000 lb. Camaro, 331″ smallblock and a Holley 2 bbl ………They work great!!! Great low end, mid range and great consistency……..That was my NHRA C/MP car that ran 10.30’s with the 2 holley 660’s setup……..Just changed manifolds, throttle linkage and fuel line……..Everything else stayed the same…I was shocked it even stayed in the 10’s… 😀

dino
                        Keymaster

Wheels UP…..awesome !….now you need a pilots licens 😆 e

tomblake
                            Participant

Pilot lisence taken care of, got an ATP rating.

dino
                                Keymaster

The smrtics fly too.

tomblake
                                    Participant

Got to test the car again 4/07/11.
                                        Went back to the 1050 Dominator from the 1150, with most of the alcohol conversion stuff installed.
                                        The car ran well, more consistent and engine temperature no problem, could have run back to back to back.
                                        Now that it is running consistent and good we’ll change more stuff 😆 😆
                                        We do get questions while driving on the street like “It doesn’t smell like race gas or pump gas, what are you burning in that engine?”

mikey

Tom, what did you mean by “most of the conversion stuff installed?? 😕 Just curious. Oh, I’ll be calling you to go to the track soon, steers and new slicks are on the way, also new trans brake switch and some other “goodies”. 😮 I finally decided to just “bite the bullet”, and spend some money for the things that I really needed. 😯 Finally got the OK from Tree, and spent a little over $1500. bucks. 😮 I just know that the “Honey do” lists will be longer, and much harder! 😥
                                            …………………Mikey 😆

Attachments:

tomblake
                                            Participant

mikey…..The Justus built 1150 carb had all the conversion stuff done but when I moved all the alcohol stuff to the 1050 I didn’t remove the boosters. The 1050 carb is almost perfect. The almost perfect is; that it needs the bigger boosters and bigger diameter installation pins to get more fuel to flow. Talked to Justus Friday after testing, the new boosters and pins are on the way, should have them Monday.
                                                Really like the E85, thanks for starting me in that direction.
                                                Looks like you will be ready shortly.

mikey

Glad you’re happy, glad I was able to help, and yup, I’m almost ready. As soon as I get the car together, I’ll go to my little 1/8th mile and check it out, then maybe we can go to Lakeland or Bradenton. I think I’m going to leave the Goodyears on and finish wearing them out, but I’m not sure. Any thoughts on that? Should I just put the new ones on and be done with it? I’m really sitting on the fence on this one, I’ve had opinions both ways. ……….Mikey 😕

Found out today that all the things that I ordered should be here sometime Wednesday except two small items that were out of stock, and they’ll be drop-shipped ASAP. I’m really excited!! And, I’ve decide to put the new slicks on too, and just put the Goodyears away until someone buys them. 😆

tomblake
                                                    Participant

The new boosters are in the 1050. Idles good 800 to 900, response is great and the car has never run so good. Now that everything is running great it must be time to change things again but not this week.

mikey

Tom, I finally got all the paperwork for the Willy’s sorted out and was able to register the car. It has a nice “Antique” license plate on it. I drove it around my sub-division for about 20 minutes just to see how it acted, and it was a lot of fun. No cops either, which made it even better! I took the car to Old Town on June 4th, they had their 21st Anniversary Cruise going on. Not only was I able to do the cruise, but I actually won a Checkered Flag as one of the top 20 cars on display. Very cool, and I had a great time. I’m almost positive that I’ll be going to CFRC this Friday, I’ll let you know how I make out. I’m expecting some good runs, we’ll see. ……………Mikey 😆

Attachments:

tomblake
                                                            Participant

The car should popular and soooo cool to be able to drive it on the street. It is fun to be able to drive a race car on the street. The picture looks real good.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 237 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.