Current street toy

Forums Forums CURRENT MEMBERS RIDES / RACING Current street toy

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 237 total)
  • Author
    tomblake
    Participant

This is the fourth Thursday test and tune secession we could not make for one reason or another, mostly the weather.
        We had the truck and trailer connected, the truck was loaded. Putting the swing out bar for the roll cage back together, noticed the headliner bulb was very dim and both batteries were about dead.
        Started to charge the batteries and the drawn was so much it melted one of the wires on the first charger. Got two more chargers and repaired the first one and tried to charge the batteries but there wasn’t enough time to get them up to speed. The track ran but it looked like rain covered that area after a few hours.
        Just seems like something is telling us not to test the Mustang. We will be ready for the next test session. October will be here before we know it and we will be ready for Island.

tomatohead
        Participant

Tom,… Tom,… Tom ,…………………..I am sure you have drivin , a fast race car before 😀 ……………….sure you have a window net and you have a dozen other saftey items and I am sure you know they are all “GOOD” ………you are really just going to pick up a time slip 😆 ❗ …………………so you know what to dail 😀 ❗ …….. I am hoping to go to Island to test AFTER Dino does the lettering ❗ I started up my car and moved it out of the garage and around back for the bodywork 😆 ❗ ….mostly sanding and priming I am sanding and priming as fast I can 😀 :!:………………………………………………………………………………………….. termater ❗ ❗

Attachments:

tomblake
            Participant

tomatohead…….Main reason to take it to the track is to see if it goes straight and make adjustments to the 4 link. Played with it on the street but no traction to know if pulls left or right. And if it goes below 9.99 I’ll need to detune it or I’ll need to get the chassis certified.

I saw the video of your first ride in the driveway. I was waiting for you to hit it once. Looks like your coming along pretty good. The car is looking great and October is coming fast.

maso
                Participant

Blake…

There are pleanty of decent eigth mile tracks here in Florida and they usuially are open on a weekly basis. Try the one at Immocolee, and let me know so I can hop up there too.

That would be better than your driveway at least…eh…?!

try… http://www.immrace.com/

also… http://www.sunshinedragstrip.com/

tomatohead
                    Participant

Tom yes I understand about the going straight thing 😀 ………………..and thanks about the car cant work fast enough sanding and sanding and priming ❗ looks like I will be very busy this week end ❗ I am going fast as I can between work and everything esle ❗ so hang in there and you will be fine ……hope I will be ❗ …………… tomato 😀

Attachments:

tomblake
                        Participant

We actually made it to the track this week. The weather was supposed to be good. Went in to the pit area and sat for a few minutes before they called it a rainout. We are getting closer and closer. Maybe next week.

tomblake
                            Participant

Finally got to smell the burning rubber. The car ran consistent but consistently slow 11.3 on 4 runs. The next day we were driving to a car show and the car quit. When the car cooled off it started and ran but quit again. After three times we decided that it was time to find out what is wrong. We are thinking coil or MSD box.

Attachments:

tomblake
                                Participant

The last pass at Bradenton, guess who pulled up along side of us. It was dark so we didn’t get the picture but the driver in the Camaro was Doug Tippet’s. Doug was racing a blown dragster back at Dover in the 60’s.
                                    Talk about a small world and how spread out the Dover guys have gotten.
                                    The attached picture was sent to me or posted by Maso some time ago. The picture was Doug’s dragster making the turnaround for the push start at Dover.
                                    Doug knew about the reunion. I told him we were testing the Mustang so we could make the October race.

Attachments:

maso
                                    Participant

Well…

I hope Doug has a copy of the picture and likes it. It is the only picture I have from Dover that I took myself.

BTW…

I wonder if Dino would consider starting a new “Collection” just for odd photographs like mine and maybe some that nobody know who took just to fill out the ODF gallery a little…?

tomblake
                                        Participant

Maso….I e-mailed your picture to Doug. He told me at the track, he has no pictures of the dragster, so that is his first.
                                            As far as the odd pictures, I think that’s a good idea. You never know what will show up, look at the odd picture of yours on Doug’s dragster. Now he has what may be the only picture he will ever have.
                                            I know I have found lots of pictures in the ODF files that have our cars in the background. The background shots have added to our history that I was able to put together on our stuff.

tomatohead
                                            Participant

Tom hope you find the “gremlin” coil or not and sounds like your knocking on that 10 sec. door no problem ❗ gald to hear you finelly got to test must have been a GREAT feeling and day 😀 see you at Island ❗ ………….. tomato

tomblake
                                                Participant

Talked to MSD, they think my problem was the coil from our troubleshooting today. Sent it off for a replacement this afternoon.

tomblake
                                                    Participant

The newest “MuscleCar milestones” magazine has an article about crate engines and the featured engine is the 572 in my current project. The one picture of the engine is one and a half pages big. Boy was I surprised.

tomblake
                                                        Participant

Would never expected to have my Florida Mustang in the snow. Mary was born and raised in Florida and was never in snow before. Hope November 7th has better weather.

Attachments:

dino
                                                            Keymaster

“”””Dover Days are on my mind”””””……..April 18, 1969 Drag Times

Attachments:

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 237 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.