"Parked in A Rickity Old Garage……"

Forums Forums CURRENT MEMBERS RIDES / RACING "Parked in A Rickity Old Garage……"

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 232 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Here she is …Body in ‘white’ …ready to go to the ‘paint booth’ …then we’ll do the Lettering Rendering .

Attachments:

don-kauer

VERY FREAKIN’ COOOOL……………………….

jackman
            Participant

THe Mystery Mopar is a sharp looking would make a nice SS clone 😎 …….. Whats the deal with a single head light versus dual 😕 why would they do that on the SS and not the regular production car?

dino
                Keymaster

Look what I found …Casey Decal …sending to the Mystery Mopar team 😆

Attachments:

jackman
                    Participant
                        quote roxrec:

I asked the same question back in 1964, when I saw the A990 cars in the spring.

Short version: reduce weight forward of the front wheels for weight transfer. Lots of small weight reductions add up and really help.

Long version: have the factories (Ford, GM, Chrysler) figure out ways to reduce lots of weight in front and add the weight behind the rear axle. Fiberglass and aluminum bumpers, fenders, doors, (sometimes trunk lids to make sanctioning body weight). Rules kept popping up and factories kept finding ways around them. In 65, when fiberglass was a no-no in stock class, Mopar stamped the front end sheet metal out of much thinner gauge. And all this stuff worked!

Scary version: Move the axles forward! Funny cars! Next, take all the weight out and make cars light beyond light. And so on…..

Mystery Mopar version: Weight is not really and issue, I am just a “slave to fashion”.

Roxeac good info , thanks 😎 😎

dino
                        Keymaster

Grover sent this “memo”; …don ..john..have a 440 crank if you want it also

don-kauer

Agents J.S. and Bow Tie at a private location with the Mytsery Mopar (and the baby is freezing) doing some prep work and putting down some plans……..I even read a Mopar Action mag last night……..(don’t tell Casey)……….More to come……………………………………Don………..

billy-casey

HOLD EVERYTHING …. what about the wheelwells 😆 😆 😆 … Billy

dino
                                    Keymaster

Just talked To Billy ! He explained how to do it …But make sure the cars level…when He did his 57 ,it had broken spring.So he had to go back and hack out the other side to match…I know you won’t on this …but thats funny stuff.

dino
                                        Keymaster

OK….Now you Did it …….Here …..NOW THIS IS A GASSER !

Attachments:

don-kauer

Dino……….Dude, You made my day……….Outstanding……..I would love to have a proof of that to frame…….Don….

dino
                                                Keymaster

entire bunch of stuff will be sent at same time….with Bike Frame ,big box..lots of room .

dino
                                                    Keymaster

GREAT IDEA ROXY…Done !SEE New Heading (think I tried this once-I’ll Check)

vbob
                                                        Participant

HEY
                                                            here is J.S’s X race car!
                                                            Bill Stevens now races her!
                                                            ‘V’

Attachments:

don-kauer

Well I can’t let the cat out of the bag about the MM but I can tell you that big plans are under way and work is being done at a fast pace………At the (not disclosed) temporary new location, old parts being scrapped and new parts finding way to the MM……….I stopped in to ckeck on the progress and there she was, Red with Cragar SS wheels and the Diamonds ” Little Darlin’ ” playing (loud) on the radio……….Thought I died and went to Heaven…………………….Don………

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 232 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.