"Parked in A Rickity Old Garage……"

Forums Forums CURRENT MEMBERS RIDES / RACING "Parked in A Rickity Old Garage……"

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 232 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Didn’t Lloyd end up with Skip Norths “Soul Sauce” C/D …what happened to THAT…Oh- Where’s the Mystery Mopar Engine? out ? whats that all about ?

don-kauer

I also need to thank Lloyd Reilly, Donnie Carroll, Mark Marray,” Dave Pitch”,Tommy Brennan (trans work) Dino, Billy Casey (Crew cheif and support) but most of all my friend, brother and “shrink” John Shimer because without him there would be no Mystery Mopar………………I know that I can still do this even without a “Bowtie “car….For all my Mopar friends, I’m one of your clan now………..GO MOPAR…….Don Kauer………………..

dino
            Keymaster

Wel that ‘depends ” Rox…I thought you wore L, not S/M or is that Super Modified ?

dino
                Keymaster

Have Ronnie Call me for any more ‘Specs”

dino
                    Keymaster

Hmmmm….The Mystery Mopar seems to have taken on “A life of its Own”…..From An idea, to just run a slightly ‘warmed over’ stocker at the Nostalgia Drags ,’just for old times sake’…This thing has become alive ! IT wants “MORE Power” and somehow has influenced people to bring parts ,time & talent to IT….Motors Out and getting worked on ? car has people that never met before helping on numurous “things’. Its ALIVE it”s Alive !…..”The Mopar that Devoured Roxbury” at aTheater (Track) near you soon…..rated R for Roar & Race.

don-kauer

Don’t know if i can handle one of them thar big 440 motors….I’ll need help from my boy Speed Casey…Both of our motors together were only a bit more then 600 cubes so between the two of us we’ll get in down the track……..Right Speed? The MM is lookin’ good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don..

dino
                            Keymaster

mmmmmmm….in the movie ‘Christine’….THAT other mpoar that ‘came to life’…the radio would come on and play Doo-wop all be itself! …. But that car was Evil. Mystery Mopar – RIGHTEOUS ! good spirits with MMR (Mystery Mopar Racing)…..some day we’ll know the real story….but for now -Enjoy.

dino
                                Keymaster

OUW I like Tater Salad …About a old Cam II 55 gal drum out to do . What you other guys gonna eat? Ah-OH We said Tater ….DiNardo will be here before ya know it …Opps thats TOW mater.Like Riley’s note on door …”Enter At Your Own Risk”

don-kauer

Mr. roxrec did some more interior work today and some Mopar errands and I delivered the 727 unit to a Top shelf Crysler trans guy, Tom Brennan…………While in the area I stopped to see the skinny A/A pilot……I got yelled at for packing down the snow in his unplowed driveway with my pickup 👿 👿 and God forbid wipe your feet when you go inside, don’t want to get the cardboard floor covering wet 😆 😆 😆 ………….You’re lucky that after all these years of abuse I still love you 😀 🙂 😆 😆

bossguy

Did you pick up Irish soda bread for Speed? 😆

don-kauer

Thanks for reminding me bossguy…..I’ll also bring a boiled potato 😆 😆

don-kauer

This Dodge is turning out to be a real race car…..Like John mentioned it was only supposed to be a warmed over
                                                    street car with some light braket racing duties…..It has gone way beyond that and every day thoughts and discussions change its path…This has been a fun thing watching the Mystery Mopar evolve into a real race car…I would like to put in some real time on it but my schedule does not permit it……John spend lots of time on projects (every day) that add so much to the looks and performance and is very comitted on getting this car together and running…I have no doubt that
                                                    this will be a reliable, strong and fast bracket car….Looking foward to being at the track with our Mystery Mopar Team……………..Don……….

tomatohead
                                                    Participant

…..I think this should be called “WAS” parked in an old rickity garage 😀 I met Lloyd a long time ago in Danbury when I worked for Joe LaPine at Danbury Competition . I had a friend with a 428 Cougar that had a vacuum leak that I finally traced to the intake manifold port at the cyl head . Joe said to bring it to “RCE” and that he could mill the egdes on the intake . After Lloyd machined the intake we put it back on an “BAM” in started right up and made all the vacuum you wanted ❗ ……… so I guess maybe I will have to stop by for some “spy” photos 😎 😆 ………………… tomato 😀

dino
                                                        Keymaster

Roxy…..Don’t underestimate vast Resources here!….For That” REAR LAUNCH Dept.” You might be wise the “List” the desired items and procedures…From numurous Parts merchants & distributors ( and Actual Parts Manufacturers)to dusty attics and garages ….potential of now over 700 possibles should be realized. Many retired and need something to do anyway. how ’bout a Good ole ‘Barn Raising’ weekend …..ODF’s to the rescue.Will need a production supervisor ,to monitor short term memory loss, white haired guys ,looking for bi-focals. Over half the registered users are with-in reasonable driving time …Have tools -will travel…Of course the ODF Volunteer “Sponsor- Built by ” list would need a sizable trunk space …Wow -just thought ,What a magazine “Build Article. Continue to document with Photos .

vbob
                                                            Participant

HEY
                                                                John,get a ‘ I need one of these list ‘ posted and the 2nd Annual Dover Drag Strip Fest March 20th will be like a Pot Luck Supper for the M and M car !!see what the ODF’s can come up with for parts!!OH,just like in the ole pits of Dover helping your fellow racer! Tower ,we need a few extra mins. !
                                                                ‘V’

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 232 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.