Repairs for Papa’s Toy. From Engine woes, to now it GOES!!

Forums Forums CURRENT MEMBERS RIDES / RACING Repairs for Papa’s Toy. From Engine woes, to now it GOES!!

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 414 total)
  • Author
    mikey

Well, Ok then. 😀 Today, I found out that I will begin my Radiation treatments on Monday. 😮 Tomorrow I’m sure I will get a call telling me that the Chemo will also start on Monday, since it’s all supposed to start together. 😯 Anyway, I decided to work on the “Toy” a little, and it was backed into the garage so it was more convenient to get at the Electrical panel which resides on the passenger side of the car. I want to put some pics up of the panel, but I need to get new rechargeable batteries for the camera. I need the car facing into the garage for the next couple of things that I want to do. 🙄 I had intended to set the “rotor phasing” on the Crank Trigger set-up after I changed back to that system. 🙁 Well, that didn’t happen, cause Papa was a bad boy!! 😈 I fired the car up and pulled it outside in the driveway, let it warm up some, it hasn’t really run much these past 2 weeks, then I pulled out into the street to turn around and I thought,”Let’s go for a ride”!! 😎 I figured I’d zip down to the intersection, turn around, and zip back to the house. 😕 I started down the street at a modest rate of speed, scared the crap out of 2 dogs, one cat, and a baby, and made my U-turn at the intersection. 😆 I decide to up my “speed” on the return to the house, and I jumped the car and hauled ass!! No dogs, no cat, no baby, just the babies momma on a cell phone pointing at me!! 😮 Pulled into the driveway, then the garage, and shut the garage door!! 😯 Needless to say, the “rotor phasing” will have to wait until tomorrow!! 😆 Even though the”Toy” is insured and legally registered, it does have non-DOT tires on it, and I was concerned about a run-in with a Sheriff about the irate momma!! 😉 Are we having fun yet?? Yup, damn right!! 😆 …………..Mikey :mrgreen:

tomblake
        Participant

Sounds like you are having fun. It is fun to be able to drive race cars on the street even for a short ride and hiding them in a locked garage.

babycakes
            Participant

Mikey, do we ever grow up? NO WAY!!!! I’d have love to trade places with you in ‘Papa’s Toy’! Had to be a ‘BLAST!!! KEEP US UPDATED ON TREATMENTS,AND HOW YOUR DOING! Pete.

mikey

Well, I got the phone call, I start both the Chemo, and the Radiation on Monday. I’m a little nervous, but I need to “git er done”. …………….Mikey :mrgreen:

tomblake
                    Participant

If you attack the health problem like you did the car, you will be fine. Good luck and like you said “git er done”.

Some one close to me had cancer 35 years ago and she is still kicking my butt. They can do some amazing things.

dino
                        Keymaster

Talked to the “PAPA” this last week…He sounded in Great Spirits..same old corny humor…Thats a good thing…We’re behind ya guy …Kick that crap in the butt!

mikey

Well, today was the first day of the rest of my life!! I started my Chemo today, and had my first Radiation treatment. I actually feel fine, but I’m sure that will change. Chemo stuff is plugged into the “port” that was inserted under my skin on my right
                                upper chest. My Chemo stuff comes from a pump I wear in like a hip-sack, and pumps Monday through Friday. On Friday they take the pump off and the feed line out of my “port”. Radiation I get Monday through Friday for 10-15 minutes each day. I have weekends off from both, then start again on Monday. If it’s OK, I will take and post some pics of the “port” and the pump so you can see what goes on. Well, I’ve been “Ported”, now I’m being “Polished” I guess, and the Nitrous is being injected!! Talk to you guys later.
                                ………………..Mikey :mrgreen:

babycakes
                                Participant

Thanks for the update Mikey! So far,,,so good!!! Keep that ‘positive’ attitude! 😉 😀 Pete.

mikey

Well, today was one week of Chemo and Radiation. I feel pretty good, no real bad side effects so far. No Chemo or Radiation Sat. or Sun. but it starts all over again on Monday. If I feel good tomorrow, I’m going to put in a new garbage disposal, ours had a heart attack. Then I will try to work on the “Toy” a little bit. Hope you all had a nice Halloween. ……..Mikey :mrgreen:

tomblake
                                        Participant

Good to hear Mikey. Hope the rest of the treatment goes as well. I am sure the Toy will feel better when you get to work on it.

babycakes
                                            Participant

Thanks Mikey on your treatment update! So far…so GOOD! Now, back to your ‘Toy’ to tinker with! Pete.

mikey

OK, week 2 of my Chemo and Radiation treatments are in the books, and done. So far, no bad side effects, the worst being constantly feeling weary or tired. Once I push myself a little, I start to feel better and I can do things. So, I have the weekend off, no treatments until Monday. I hope all is well with everyone, and have a great weekend. Oh, almost forgot, talked to Dino today on my way home from the Cancer Center, and talked to Shimer later this evening. Good to hear both of their voices.
                                                    ………………..Mikey :mrgreen:

frank-j-majauskas
                                                    Participant

Have a great weekend buddy….You certainly deserve it ❗

Frank… 😎

thekidd312

hang in there cancer sucks but you can beat it my wife did 5 times and fought a good fight 6th time and I think would have beat it again if her lungs wasn’t bad from another problem. so good luck. billy the kidd bender

mikey

Well, week 3 of the Chemo and Radiation is now in the books. 2 to 3 more weeks, and my Surgeon will check me over and plan from there. So far, no bad side effects and I feel pretty good other than being a little tired or weary sometimes. Well, going out to work on the car some, and change the oil in my wife’s van. …………….Mikey :mrgreen:

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 414 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.