Repairs for Papa’s Toy. From Engine woes, to now it GOES!!

Forums Forums CURRENT MEMBERS RIDES / RACING Repairs for Papa’s Toy. From Engine woes, to now it GOES!!

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 414 total)
  • Author
    frank-j-majauskas
    Participant

Hey Mikey, Good news on that MSD box. I have a friend with a 57 Chevy who needed
        that MSD box also to start his car. He tried for weeks to get it to work. A lot of time
        on the phone with MSD tech people. They told him he needed this adapter and change the
        wire positions on the box. It still didn’t work. He got so pissed that he took all the MSD
        stuff off and went back to points. So happy you conquered MSD ❗ 😆

Frank… 😎

mikey

Guys. it got to be the principal of the thing. It just pissed me off that MSD said the box was good, but I put it back on the car after the first “fix” and it didn’t work. The paper they sent back with it showed that it checked out perfect. So, I called and talked to a tech and he said maybe my 7AL box was bad, and gave me a couple of tests to check it out. It checked out just fine. So, I called them back and talked to another tech, and he told me to ship it back, and they would re-check it. They even sent me a Fed-Ex label so I would not have to pay shipping. They called me and said that they checked it all over and got a small voltage drop from the violet wire, but only twice out of several tests. The tech said that they would replace all the wire harnesses and the plug, and if that didn’t work I needed a new unit. I never told them, but I took the liberty of taking the box apart just to see what was inside, and I marked a few things with a sharpie that I thought might cause trouble. When I got the box back, I took it apart, and sure enough, they had changed 1 diode, and 1 resistor, plus the new harnesses. They never said anything about changing the other parts. Well, it works now, so I’m happy. I just know that if I have any more dealings with them, I will have to be very “firm”, for lack of a better, or politically correct word. ………….Mikey :mrgreen:

babycakes
            Participant

Mikey…does it ever get easier,as we grow old??? Never a ‘dull’ moment! It’s a wonder why we loose our hair,with all the ‘head-scratching’ we do! 🙄 🙄 🙄 . Anyway.let the gang know how you did if you head to the track with ‘Papa’s Toy’ o.k.? 😉 Pete.

mikey

Yup, I will keep you guys informed on any trips to the track, and on my health. They are shooting for a surgery date of October 9th, which just happens to be my Tiffany’s 12th birthday. Maybe a good omen?? Well, Gotta go.
                    ………….Mikey :mrgreen:

babycakes
                    Participant

Are prayers are with ya Mikey,for a ‘quick’ recovery! Hey! Who’s other brain would ‘Papa’s Toy’ pick on??? 🙄 😉 😀

don-kauer

Hey Mikey…………I did not forget about you and you’ve been in my thoughts and prayers every day….I’ll PM you in the next day or so……Don…

mikey

No problem, Don. Had my MRI today. Should know in a day or two if I will have surgery, or if I will need radiation first. I had to lay down and take a short nap, that dye they put in me for the test made me feel really crappy. :mrgreen:

mikey

OK, I’ve decided to make a post about my health issues, since some of you know what’s going on and some of you might be guessing. The whole deal started just before Dover 5, and through a couple of hospital stays, and several, feels like a hundred, tests, the Drs. have found a cancerous mass on my bowel. Today, I found out that it is a stage II cancer, and it was caught in its early stages, so that’s good. Wednesday, I go to the hospital for a procedure to put a “port”
                                    in my upper chest for the Chemo intravenous entry and for drawing blood and whatever else they do. Also will need radiation treatments for 2 to 3 months. After that time, then the surgeon will determine if and when I will need the surgery. I hope that you guys are not upset about this post, My wife and I decided that you should have your information right from the “horses butt” rather than second hand. I know that with the support of my friends and family, and my “Dover Family”, things will turn out OK. Oh, and I’m still working on my car, it takes my mind off of things. When I finish with my little “chores” on the “Toy”, I do intend to run it as long as the shoulder harness doesn’t hurt the “port”. I have been given wife and surgeon clearance already!! Anyway guys, thanks for being here for me. ………….Mikey and family :mrgreen:

patina
                                    Participant

Our prayers are with you Mickey, keep the faith and a good outlook. I’m pulling for you.

Pat

john-sachs-sr
                                        Participant
                                            quote patina:

Our prayers are with you Mickey, keep the faith and a good outlook. I’m pulling for you.

Pat

Mikey,
                                            X 2.
                                            Give this a try. Freeze a lemon, grate it on your food, skin and all. They say it works wonders.
                                            John

dino
                                            Keymaster

Thanks for sharing Mikey….Now you have power in numbers….You can do it …round by round!.

super-sport-pete

Mikey, hang in there kid! from talking to you , it sounds like you have a lot going on in your life. get through this the best you can. your post sounds like you are in very good hands. pete.

mikey

Thanks, guys. I appreciate the kind words and the encouragement. It’s nice to know I’ve got friends like you all. I’m staying very positive and expect all to go well. I know I’ll have some bad days, but that’s to be expected. Again, thanks. :mrgreen:

super-sport-pete

MIKEY, how are you doing guy? SS PETE.

mikey

I’m doing OK, it’s just having to deal with all the B.S that makes me nuts. 👿 I have my “port” for the Chemo installed and I’ve been “marked” for the Radiation treatments. I have to have a Pet Scan on Tuesday, and the results from that will let the Drs.know when to start my Chemo and Radiation. 😮 The Chemo will be via a pump that I’ll carry on me like a fanny pack, and will be injected into my “port”, Mon through Friday, and the Radiation will be 5 days a week, 15 to 20 minutes a day. 😯 These treatments will go on for about 6 weeks. After the treatments are completed, they will determine when and how to proceed with the surgery. 🙄 I asked about losing my hair, and the Dr, said it’s possible, but does not always happen. If it does happen, I’m going to get 2 eyeballs tattooed on the back of my head, so I can see where I’ve been. 😆 So, things are moving along. I’ve been Ported, but not yet polished, I guess that come later. 😎
                                                                ……………….Mikey :mrgreen:

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 414 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.